New and Used BMW 520d for Sale in Sri Lanka
BMW 520D Carmudi User Rating
4.2 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
German marque BMW’s 5-series sedan is an extremely popular executive sedan in Sri Lanka, with the 520d variant possibly being the most popular car in the island that belongs to this exclusive series. The F10 car’s design is more sober and toned down than the aggressive and highly-critiqued looks of its predecessor, and its external styling holds closer to the BMWs of past than the other models. Whilst the long- wheelbase Li version of the car brings in a more prestigious look, it is not currently available in the Sri Lankan market. Overall, a six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic ZH transmission with BMW’s Steptronic technology drives the rear wheels of the car. The engine is capable of generating 181 bhp of power at 4000 rpm, with 280 lb-ft of peak torque between 1750 and 2500 rpm’s.
First brought to the world in late 2009, as the sixth generation of the BMW 5 series (F10), the BMW 520d has seen considerable success, particularly within the Sri Lankan luxury car market. Reading BMW’s nomenclature has been easy, and the 520d’s nameplate shows that it is the 2.0 L diesel variant of the 5-series sedan. The most popular, model is the 2010 F10 sedan, which was unveiled in Munich in 2009. Although there are a few estate (station wagon) versions of the car in Sri Lanka, they also tend to be very rare.
The New BMW 520d 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
BMW 520d 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the BMW 520d 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new BMW 520d 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a number of advanced drivetrain features.
- Improved Engine Output by 5 kW
- Enhanced Electrically Adjustable Capabilities for the Front Seats
- Added Features to the Standard Equipment Package
- New Satellite Navigation with Real-Time Traffic Information
What are New BMW 520d 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new BMW 520d 2016 stands out from the competition by offering a range of comfort and convenience features.
- Improved 23 km/l Fuel Economy
- Bluetooth Phone and Audio Streaming Capability
- Full Leather Trim Seats
- Advanced 10.25-Inch Colour Screen
What are BMW 520d 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new BMW 520d 2016 provides a variety of design related updates to its overall exterior layout.
- Bigger 19-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Improved Aerodynamic Bodykit
- Optional Refined Sunroof
- Redesigned Rear Stoplights
What is the BMW 520d 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The BMW 520d 2016 price in the Sri Lankan market depends on the local dealer and the optional features offered.
- BMW 520d M Sport 2016: Rs. 17,000,000
- BMW 520d 2016: Rs. 15,500,000
BMW 520d Review in Sri Lanka
BMW 520d Engine Specifications and Performance
As naturally expected, the BMW 520d has a powerful range of performance related specifications, which could make any high-end car enthusiast in Sri Lanka to fall in love with this car. Commonly found throughout the island, the F10 520d runs on the BMW N47 four-cylinder common rail diesel engine. This has many developments over its forerunner, the BMW M47. In 2014, this version was replaced with the B47. The N47 comes as a 1995 cc unit, identical in capacity to the BMW M47TU/ TU2 series. Nevertheless, the latest BMW 520d sedan is powered using a capable 2.0 L 4-cylinder diesel engine that has also utilized an Eight-Speed Torque Converter Auto transmission to move its drivetrain. As a result, the BMW 520d’s engine can output 135 kW of power at roughly 4000 rpm and 400 Nm of torque at just 1,750 to 2,500 rpm, giving this car an outstanding 236 km/h top speed on the roads seen in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 2.0 L
- Cylinders: 04-cylinder
- Maximum Output: 135 kW @ 4000 rpm
- Top Speed: 236 km/h
- Transmission: Eight-Speed Torque Converter Auto
- Maximum Torque: 400 Nm @ 1,750 to 2,500 rpm
BMW 520d Fuel Efficiency
As claimed by BMW, the BMW 520d sedan is capable of performing a reasonable fuel economy, of around 17 km/l under tested driving conditions. This is a considerably good level for its high-end range and can be very beneficial for anyone driving this car on the roads of Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Premium
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 70 L
- CO2 Emissions: 124 g/km to 114 g/km (per 100 km)
New BMW 520d Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- BMW 520d 2016: 17.6 km/l
- BMW 520d 2015: 17.5 km/l
- BMW 520d 2014: 15.6 km/l
- BMW 520d 2013: 15.5 km/l
- BMW 520d 2012: 16.4 km/l
- BMW 520d 2011: 14.9 km/l
Used or Reconditioned BMW 520d Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- BMW 520d 2010: 15.3 km/l
- BMW 520d 2009: 15.0 km/l
- BMW 520d 2008: 14.9 km/l
- BMW 520d 2007: 15.3 km/l
- BMW 520d 2006: 14.2 km/l
- BMW 520d 2005: 14.5 km/l
BMW 520d Features
BMW 520d Convenience and Entertainment Features
The BMW 520d for being one of the most popular luxury cars will have a number of standard comfort and convenience feature options that includes:
- Steering Mounted Audio
- Cruise Control
- Digital Clock
- Integrated Music System
BMW 520d Safety Features
For the reason of its high-end status, the BMW 520d comes with an extremely useful array of safety features that can help both you and your passengers feel safe driving on the busy roads of Sri Lanka.
- Anti-Lock Breaking System (ABS)
- Airbag: Totaling Six Airbags
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-Theft System
- (EBD) Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Brake Assist (BA)
The Design of BMW 520d
BMW 520d Interior Design Elements
The interior design of the BMW 520d has a magnificent collection of features to facilitate its passengers with elements such as:
- Thermo Regulated Leather Seats
- Head Restraint
- Leather-Wrapped Gear Knob
- 6-Speaker Configuration
- Storage Compartment
BMW 520d Exterior Design Elements
The BMW 520d car’s exterior design is more sober and toned down than the aggressive and highly critiqued looks of its predecessor.
- Alloy Wheels
- Body Colored Bumpers
- Electrically Adjustable Rear View Mirror
- Body ORVM’s
- Outside Door Handles
- Clear Lens Head/ Tail Lamps
BMW 520d Color Options
The BMW 520d offers an array of superb color options that are not seen in many other car models found in Sri Lanka.
- Alpine White
- Azurite Black Metallic
- Black Sapphire Metallic
- Callisto Grey Metallic
- Carbon Black Metallic
- Cashmere Silver Metallic
BMW 520d, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
Owing to its high-end luxury nature, the BMW 520d can be compared with the Audi A6, the Jaguar XF and the Mercedes Benz E-Class vehicles like the E200 that are sold in Sri Lanka.
- BMW 520d vs. Audi A6 - The 520d has Rear wheel drive compared to the A6
- BMW 520d vs. Jaguar XF - The 520d has a better overall Fuel Economy compared to the XF
- BMW 520d vs. Mercedes Benz E200- The 520d has 8-speed automatic transmission compared to the E200
Key Reasons to Buy a BMW 520d
For those who are considering buying this luxurious car, should also consider the following aspects that can help you to make a better buying decision.
BMW 520d Advantages:
- Good engine performance for its range
- The BMW i-drive capability
- Eye catching array of technological features
- Quiet and lavish interior
BMW 520d Disadvantages:
- Some drivers have stated that the general level of handling of this vehicle is not to their satisfaction
- The trunk capacity of this vehicle was noted to be relatively less compared to its size
BMW 520d Price List in Sri Lanka
For those who are searching for a BMW 520d for sale in Sri Lanka can look through our BMW 520d price list as mentioned below.
BMW 520d Price List at Carmudi.lk
New BMW 520d Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- BMW 520d M Sport 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 17,000,000
- BMW 520d SE 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 15,000,000
- BMW 520d 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 14,200,000
- BMW 520d 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 13,850,000
- BMW 520d 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 13,500,000
- BMW 520d 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 12,770,000
Used BMW 520d Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- BMW 520d 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 10,360,000
- BMW 520d 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 10,000,000
- BMW 520d 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,480,000
- BMW 520d 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,120,000
- BMW 520d 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,850,000
- BMW 520d 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,220,000
Where to Find BMW 520d Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
The Prestige Automobile (Pvt) Ltd., which is located in Battaramulla, is the authorized dealers for Bavarian Motor Works AG (BMW), vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. However, for those who are willing to buy this luxury vehicle can also look through a number of third party dealers, who are found throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of BMW 520d Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the BMW 520d Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year