New and Used Honda Civic for Sale in Sri Lanka
Honda Civic Carmudi User Rating
3.6 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
The Honda Civic is an extremely popular subcompact sedan found in Sri Lanka. The car is a staple and preferred among office and rental fleets, and has performed well over the years as a reliable and popular family car. It has also remained a favorite among Sri Lanka’s tuning masses, with many cars also being in the market been heavily modified, both inside and out, similar to the Mitsubishi Lancer. A Hybrid version of this highly popular sedan is also available in Sri Lanka, the Civic Hybrid, which can be obtained from the Stafford Motor Company, the official distributors for Honda vehicles sold in the island.
First introduced in 1972, the Honda Civic has been an outstanding subcompact car, with a better price point for purchasing than that of the Toyota Corolla. Spares and servicing are available throughout, and residual values of the car remain strong. The Civic cars are appreciated for its reliability and durability, for its spacious interior cabin and the above par security features. It offers a modern and sleek look that does not burn a hole in your wallet, backed by Honda's class-leading reliability. Civic cars spanning from the third generation onwards (1983-1987) are available in Sri Lanka, with the current model being the tenth generation.
The New Honda Civic 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Honda Civic 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Honda Civic 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Honda Civic 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a number of improvements to its drivetrain.
- New Civic Type R Model
- Overall 30 kg Lighter Body
- Longer and Wider Form Factor
- Improved Fuel Economy Up To 14.5 km/l
What are New Honda Civic 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Honda Civic 2016 stands out from its competition by offering an innovative interior and a more powerful engine.
- New Turbocharged 1.5 L Engine
- Advanced Infotainment System
- Best-In-Class Interior Volume
- Luxury like Interior Trim
What are Honda Civic 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Honda Civic 2016 has a range of updates to its available colours and front and rear exterior.
- Six New Colour Options Including Pearl and Metallic Colours
- Slimmer Headlight Design
- More Pronounced Fenders
- Wedge Tail and Bracket-Shaped Taillights
What is the Honda Civic 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the new Honda Civic 2016 is subject to the local importer and the optional trim offered.
- Honda Civic EX-T 2016: Rs. 7,100,000
- Honda Civic EX 2016: Rs. 6,900,000
Honda Civic Review in Sri Lanka
Honda Civic Engine Specifications and Performance
As a class leading subcompact sedan, the Honda Civic offers a powerful array of performance related features, to provide a better driving experience to its passengers. Most of the Honda Civic cars found in Sri Lanka are running on a four-cylinder 1.5 L petrol engine, with a few diesel options also being available in the market. Selected models have 1.8 L petrol engines, although these are private imports by users and are rare. Some tuned Honda Civics can also be seen in the market as well as a few older Civic Type-R cars. Nevertheless, the midrange engine of the Honda Civic has recorded a high power output, with around 142 kW and a high torque of around 174 Nm, giving it an excellent 210 km/h top speed on the highways seen here in Sri Lanka. The car also has a faster 11.2 seconds (0 to 100 km/h) acceleration, which is enough to tackle the busy city roads in our island.
- Size: 1.5 L/ 1.8 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: Electronically Controlled 5-Speed Automatic (CVT)
- Maximum Output: 142 kW @ 6500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 174 Nm @ 4300 rpm
- Top Speed: 210 km/h
Honda Civic Fuel Efficiency
The car is particularly reliable and fuel efficient, and would deliver an admirable fuel economy under varied running conditions within Sri Lankan cities with a soft driving-style. The car comes with a sizable 50 L fuel tank as well, which is enough for the typical driving distances seen here in Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 L
- CO2 Emissions: ULEV-2/PZEV
New Honda Civic Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Honda Civic 2016: 14.8 km/l
- Honda Civic 2015: 13.4 km/l
- Honda Civic 2014: 13.7 km/l
- Honda Civic 2013: 13.9 km/l
- Honda Civic 2012: 14.1 km/l
- Honda Civic 2011: 12.9 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Honda Civic Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Honda Civic 2010: 13.2 km/l
- Honda Civic 2009: 13.1 km/l
- Honda Civic 2008: 13.3 km/l
- Honda Civic 2007: 13.1 km/l
- Honda Civic 2006: 13.7 km/l
- Honda Civic 2005: 13.7 km/l
Honda Civic Features
Honda Civic Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Honda Civic offers its passengers an array of modern comfort and convenience features to keep them busy.
- USB compatibility ports
- 4 Speaker configuration
- Text Message Function
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Link
- Power Door Locks
Honda Civic Safety Features
The latest models of the Honda Civic comes with an impressive range of safety enhancing features, that will help to keep its passengers secured, while driving on the roads of Sri Lanka.
- Head restraints
- Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM)
- Back-end view Camera
- Childproof Rear Door Locks
- (LATCH) Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children
- 3-Point Seat Belts for all Seating Locations
The Design of Honda Civic
Honda Civic Interior Design Elements
The interior design of the Honda Civic contains an irresistible array of features to facilitate the comfort of its passengers.
- 5-Inch LCD Screen
- Driver's Footrest
- Illuminated Driver's Window
- Door-Pocket Storage
- Cup Holders
- Coin Tray
Honda Civic Exterior Design Elements
The exterior design of the Honda Civic is unique to this model and includes elements such as:
- Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Fog Lights
- Rear-Window Antenna
- Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights
- Door Handles
- One-Touch Turn Indicators
Honda Civic Color Options
As a family grade car, the Honda Civic offers a number of eye-catching color options to attract more buyers.
- Alabaster Silver Metallic
- Crimson Pearl
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Dyno Blue Pearl
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Taffeta White
Honda Civic, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Honda Civic can ideally be compared with the Mitsubishi Lancer, the Honda Accord and the Toyota Corolla, which are widely available in the local market.
Honda Civic vs. Mitsubishi Lancer - The Civic has a much better fuel economy compared to the Lancer
Honda Civic vs. Honda Accord - The Civic is cheaper in price compared to the Accord
Honda Civic vs. Toyota Corolla - The Civic has a more powerful engine compared to the Corolla
Key Reasons to Buy a Honda Civic
If you have decided to buy a Honda Civic, then you are on the right path. Nevertheless, remember to consider the following aspects as well for a better buying decision.
Honda Civic Advantages
- Excellent fuel economy for its range
- Impressive variety of interior features
- Ample space for cargo
- High aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
Honda Civic Disadvantages
- Reviewers have stated that the rear seat-room is not enough for three full-grown adults
- Some drivers may find the cars sound system panel a bit old school for their flavor
Honda Civic Price List in Sri Lanka
If you are searching for a Honda Civic for sale in Sri Lanka, then check out our Honda Civic price list as mentioned below.
Honda Civic Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Honda Civic Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Civic EX 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,900,000
- Honda Civic 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,120,000
- Honda Civic 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,800,000
- Honda Civic 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,460,000
- Honda Civic 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,820,000
- Honda Civic FD4 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,275,000
Used Honda Civic Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Civic 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,150,000
- Honda Civic 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,100,000
- Honda Civic FD1 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,950,000
- Honda Civic 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,850,000
- Honda Civic FD1 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,575,000
- Honda Civic 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,420,000
Where to Find Honda Civic Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
For those who are searching for a brand new Honda Civic, can contact the Stafford Motor Company (Pvt) Ltd., who are the authorized distributors for Honda vehicles and spare parts in Sri Lanka. However, for those who are living outside of Colombo can also look through the dozens of third party dealers, to find the car of your choice.
Discover the Selection of Honda Civic Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Honda Civic Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year