Honda Fit GP1 for Sale in Sri Lanka
Honda Fit GP1 Review
The Fit from Honda represents one of the most sort after car models that is currently being sold in Sri Lanka. Being built to a mid-Size Hatchback design to improve interior space, the car comes with a five-door form factor and has the characteristic 5-seats seating arrangement that is a standard in most family cars. One of the reasons that truly makes this car a unique among other similar offerings in Sri Lanka is its Hybrid drive train, which has reported a fuel efficiency that exceeds 20 km/l on a long distance cruise, on the islands expressways.
Overall, the Honda Fit GP1’s attractive nifty design, spacious interior with high level of features and the superb fuel economy has made it a good all round performer for the Sri Lanka’s rising middle class.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Honda Fit GP1
1. History and Facts about Honda Fit GP1 in Sri Lanka
The Honda Fit GP1 was first introduced as the second generation of the Honda Fit with a Hybrid drive train in 2010. Even from its initial introduction the Fit GP1 managed to gain a lot of attention for its overall package and has won numerous awards for its outstanding design.
In Sri Lanka, the Honda Fit GP1 has stirred up a lot of hype from its unveiling and is now a common sight on the countries major cities such as Colombo or Kandy. Being able to maneuver easily through the traffic while riding in comfort and sill saving a good level of fuel meant that this was a natural choice for most car buyers. Spare parts are also widely available both from the official Honda distributor Stafford Motor Company as well as through third party suppliers, who are happy to provide you with any additional accessories to improve the aesthetics of your car.
2. Honda Fit GP1 Specifications And Performance
The Honda Fit GP1 is a well performing car for its Hybrid class, and comes with specifications that will grab the attention of many car buyers in Sri Lanka.
- Type: DOHC i-VTEC
- Size: 1.3 L
- Cylinders: 4-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 10.8
- Maximum Output: 65 kW @ 5800 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 121 Nm @ 4500 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed automatic/ triptonic
- Top Speed: 190 km/h
- Acceleration: 10 sec (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): MacPherson system/ Torsion bar system
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated disc/ Ventilated disc
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 3900 mm x 1695 mm x 1525 mm
- Curb Weight: 1140 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-seats
3. Honda Fit GP1 Fuel Consumption
The Honda Fit GP1 is one of the first Hybrid versions of the Honda Fit that was brought into Sri Lanka. The car was initially powered by a 1.3 L, 4-cylinder DOHC i-VTEC engine, which used a 5-speed automatic or triptonic transmission to power its drivetrain. The engine was able to generate a maximum output of around 65 kW @ 5800 rpm and a maximum torque of roughly 121 Nm @ 4500 rpm, which made it a powerful competitor in its class.
Nevertheless, the Honda Fit GP1 also achieved a very high fuel economy while still having a well capable engine thanks to its Hybrid form factor, and was able to score around 17.2 km/l on a combined drive cycle.
Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 L
- CO2 Emissions: 137 g/km (As tested by LTA)
4. Design and Features of Honda Fit GP1
Interior: The Interior Design Of The Honda Fit GP1 Has A Number Of Attractive Features Such As Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Multifunctional Steering Wheel, Climate Control, Knockdown Rear Seats, Auto Climate Control, AM/FM Stereo, CD Audio System, Cup Holders, DVD Player, Heated Seats, Navigation System, Onboard Hard-Drive, Power Seats, TV as well as ipod/ USB Compatibility.
Exterior: the exterior of the Fit GP1 demonstrates Honda’s esthetic capabilities with elements such as Alloy Wheels, Fog Lights, HID Lights, Spoiler, Tinted Glass, Hid Xenon Light, Power Mirrors, Rear Wiper as well as Side Mirror Indicators.
5. Available Color Options of Honda Fit GP1
For Interior: Brown, Black
For Exterior: Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Purple, Red, Silver/ Grey, White, Yellow
6. How is Safety Rating And Associated Features of Honda Fit GP1
One of the key aspects that has made the Honda Fit GP1 a popular model in Sri Lanka is its safety and security related features, which most safety conscious car buyers may find highly satisfying for their tastes.
- Comprehensive Air Bags
- Keyless Entry
- Antilock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Central Locking
- Spare Key
- Remote Key
- Reverse Camera
- Puncture Kit
- Cruise Control
- Fog Lamps
- Remote boot release
- Rear Door Locks (Childproof)
7. What are Standout Elements of Honda Fit GP1
Without a doubt, one of the key standout elements of the Honda Fit GP1 is its excellent fuel economy, under Sri Lanka’s challenging road conditions. This will certainly be a significant advantage for a car owner who travels long distances on the countries highways.
Another key standout feature of this car that most passengers have come to admire is its ample seating space, compared to the cars relative compact size. This will no doubt be a welcoming feature for most modern Sri Lankan families.
8. Honda Fit GP1 Compared To Other High-Featured Cars In Sri Lanka
As an all-round Hybrid car, the Honda Fit GP1 can be compared with the Toyota Prius, the Toyota Aqua and the Honda Insight, which are all highly popular vehicles within Sri Lanka.
- Honda Fit GP1 vs. Toyota Prius - The Fit GP1 is much cheaper in price compared to the Prius
- Honda Fit GP1 vs. Toyota Aqua - The Fit GP1 has a higher passenger capacity compared to the Aqua
- Honda Fit GP1 vs. Honda Insight - The Fit GP1 has a larger cargo space compared to the Insight
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Honda Fit GP1
If you are one of those car buyers that have their eyes fixed on this attractive car model, then also remember to consider the following aspects, which will help you to arrive at a better buying decision in the future.
- Outstanding fuel economy on Sri Lankan roads
- Advanced features for a comforting ride
- Highly spacious interior for its relatively small size
- Class leading safety features for the passengers
- Excellent aftersales value within the country
One of the biggest disadvantages of the Honda Fit GP1, especially within the Sri Lankan market is its relatively high price margin due to excessive demand. However, this also proves the reliability and the built quality of this car, which local car buyers have come to admire.
Some drivers have noted that the center mounted display of this car to be a bit too small for their tastes. However, this may mostly be a matter of personal preference, with individual owners.
10. Where to Find a Honda Fit GP1 for Sale in Sri Lanka
The authorized distributor for branded Honda vehicles and spare parts sold in Sri Lanka is the Stafford Motor Company (Pvt) Ltd., which is based in Colombo. However, for a car buyer, who would like to buy a reconditioned or used Honda Fit GP1 car, can also get in contact with the dozens of prominent third party vehicle dealers who are based in various cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Honda Fit GP1 for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Honda Fit GP1 Price in Sri Lanka
For a buyer who is considering purchasing a Honda Fit GP1 from the local market has the opportunity to obtain a reconditioned vehicle for around Rs. 3,050,000 to Rs. 3,400,000 as of 2015, depending on the level of renovations done to the vehicle. Used Fit GP1’s are also available in various parts of the country and can be bought to a price of around Rs. 2,890,000 to Rs. 3,100,000, (2015) subject to the used condition of the car.
Honda Fit GP1 Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned Honda Fit GP1
- Honda Fit GP1 2012: Rs. 3,050,000
- Honda Fit GP1 2013: Rs. 3,350,000
- Honda Fit GP1 2014: Rs. 3,400,000
Price for Used Honda Fit GP1
- Honda Fit GP1 2012: Rs. 2,890,000
- Honda Fit GP1 Navi Premium 2012: Rs. 3,100,000