Hyundai Santa Fe for Sale in Sri Lanka
Hyundai Santa Fe Review
The first generation of the Hyundai Santa Fe was not necessarily a first choice for many in Sri Lanka, with only standard features available. However, the next two generations have propelled the Santa Fe range into having an award-winning popularity, with changes such as a Driver Selectable Steering Mode that allows you to choose between Comfort, Normal, and Speed to match your driving preference. The Active Cornering All-Wheel Drive (AWD) helps the driver with improved traction and a greater ability to take corners, transferring its impressive torque to the rear wheels, while the brakes control the inside wheels. The vehicle is able to handle all weather conditions with this same technology.
Both the GLS and the Limited models come with roof rack side rails, heated side mirrors, dual power manual-folding side mirrors, front solar glass and rear privacy glass, as well as Daytime Running Lights, which are popular in the Sri Lankan market. Other standard features includes power door locks, 8-way power driver seat with 4-way power lumbar support, seatback pockets, 12-volt power outlets, center armrest with storage compartments, and sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extensions.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Hyundai Santa Fe
1. History and Facts about Hyundai Santa Fe in Sri Lanka
The Hyundai’s Santa Fe is the company’s inaugural mid-size SUV first introduced in 2000, and is known for its upmarket style and versatility. The Santa Fe is a popular choice for Sri Lankan families, with both 5-seat (Sport) and 7-seat options. This award winning SUV is easily available in Sri Lanka and is now in its third generation. It can be mentioned as the mid-point between the Tucson and the Veracruz.
The Hyundai Santa Fe is a popular vehicle in Sri Lanka, and Hyundai Lanka does services and import any spare parts for faults if needed. However, there can be certain delays for some parts and the spare parts available may cost more in the long-term.
As a family SUV, the Santa Fe can be doubled as a carrier of cargo, with the removal of the second and third row seats. Owners report smooth drives, good responsiveness, smooth shifting, and reliability, with the vehicle doing 85,000 km without problems even on local roads.
2. Hyundai Santa Fe Specifications and Performance
The Hyundai Santa Fe is in fact a very powerful machine for its family vehicle class and has a number of features to enhance its power, for a smoother overall performance.
Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Specs
- Type: DOHC 24-valve with D-CVVT
- Size: 2.2 L/ 2.4 L/ 3.3 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Maximum Output: 216 kW @ 6400
- Maximum Torque: 341 Nm @ 5200
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic with SHIFTRONIC and Active ECO System
- Top Speed: 190 km/h
- Acceleration: 10.0 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Motor-Driven Power Steering (MDPS)
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
- Suspension (Front / Rear): MacPherson struts with gas-filled damper and stabilizer bar/ Multi-link with gas shock absorber and stabilizer bar
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated disc/ Disc
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4690 mm x 1880 mm x 1680 mm
- Curb Weight: 1,694 kg
- Seating Capacity: 7-seats
3. Hyundai Santa Fe Fuel Consumption
The 2.2 L Diesel CRDi engine has serviced many Hyundai Santa Fe models. The Santa Fe Sport (5-seat) has a four-cylinder engine, whereas the Santa Fe (7-seat) has a 3.3 L V6 engine, which provides a good power flow coupled with fuel efficiency. Advancements for this engine include Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (D-CVVT) as well as Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI).
The overall fuel economy is at about 16 km/l on manual transmission and about 10 km/l on auto transmission under city driving conditions seen in Sri Lanka.
Fuel Category: Diesel
Fuel Tank Capacity: 64 L
CO2 Emissions: 192.0 g/km
4. The Design and Features of the Hyundai Santa Fe
Without a doubt, one of the bestselling points of the Hyundai Santa Fe is none other than its modern and highly futuristic design form factor. Armed with new color options the Santa Fe has a sharp aerodynamic shape that also gives it a premium look, making an unsuspecting buyer think that it is an SUV for the executive class. Regardless of the aesthetics, this vehicle also comes with a wide range of options both interior and exterior to satisfy its owners.
Hyundai Santa Fe Interior: Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Power Driver Seat, Heated Front Seats, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Split-Folding 2nd-Row Bench Seat, Side Window Sunshades, Seatback Pockets, Cup Holders, Center Armrest With Storage, Sun Visors, Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel, Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio, Cruise And Phone Controls, Tilt-And-Telescopic Steering Wheel, Bluetooth Hands-Free System, AM/ FM/ MP3 Audio System, 6-Speakers, Multi-Functional Display.
Hyundai Santa Fe Exterior: Roof Side Rails, Roof Cross Rails, Manual-Folding Side Mirrors, Heated Side Mirrors, Side Mirror Turn-Signal Indicators, Rear Spoiler With LED Center High-Mount Stop Light (CHMSL), Rear Window Wiper/ Washer, Windshield Wiper, Accent Grille, Door Handles, Dual Exhaust, Solar Glass, Rear Privacy Glass, Projector Headlights With LED Accents, HID Xenon Headlights, Daytime Running Lights (DRL), LED Tail Lights, Fog Lights.
5. Available Color Options of Hyundai Santa Fe in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Gray, Beige, Saddle, and Black
For Exterior: Circuit Silver, Becketts Black, Monaco White, Regal Red Pearl, Frosted Mocha, Iron Frost, Hampton Green Pearl, Night Sky Pearl
6. Safety Rating and Associated Features of the Hyundai Santa Fe
The safety is one of the most important factors when driving, especially under road conditions seen in Sri Lanka. Therefore, the Hyundai Santa Fe comes with a range of features to keep both its driver and passengers safe and secured.
- Comprehensive Front, Rear and Side SRS Airbags
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Lane Change Assist
- Rearview Camera
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Downhill Brake Control (DBC)
- Hill start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Energy-Absorbing Steering Column
- Front Seatbelt Pretensioners
- Force Limiters
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Power-Window Lockout Button
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Remote Keyless Entry System
7. Standout Elements of the Hyundai Santa Fe
The V6 engine, with its 290 horsepower and 252 lb.-ft of torque, can be great for towing. The standard trailer-prep package that has a towing capacity of 5000 lb and the flush-mounted two-hitch design makes proper use of this engine.
Additionally, SHIFTRONIC 6-speed automatic transmission and the Active ECO System promotes more kilometers from every liter of fuel, with just a push of a button.
8. Hyundai Santa Fe, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
This Korean made SUV can be compared with the Honda CR-V, the Kia Sorento, and the Nissan X-Trail that are also widely being sold in Sri Lanka.
Hyundai Santa Fe vs. Honda CR-V - The Santa Fe has a higher top speed compared to the CR-V
Hyundai Santa Fe vs. Kia Sorento - The Santa Fe has a more powerful engine if compared to the Sorento
Hyundai Santa Fe vs. Nissan X-Trail - The Santa Fe has a faster acceleration when compared to the X-Trail
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Hyundai Santa Fe
Before considering to by the Hyundai Santa Fe, it is also best to consider the following aspects of this vehicle, which can give you a good understanding of your future buying decision.
- Modern and futuristic design
- Class leading fuel economy under combined drive cycles
- Superb cargo space for essential needs
- Excellent comfort and convenience features
- Very powerful engine
Some reviewers have mentioned that the overall handling of this SUV to be nothing special compared to some of the other offerings from competing brands. However, this may obviously not be a big issue for most drivers in Sri Lanka.
Apart from that, another disadvantage, particularly within Sri Lanka is the high price range of the Hyundai Santa Fe. While this might be a turnoff for some buyers, the modern design and advanced features presented certainly makes the Santa Fe a good value for money offer.
10. Where to Find a Hyundai Santa Fe for Sale in Sri Lanka?
The best option in Sri Lanka to buy a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe is to obtain one from the authorized distributor for the brand, the Hyundai Lanka (Pvt) Ltd. However, this SUV is also available from numerous third party distributors who are based in prominent metropolitan areas across Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Hyundai Santa Fe for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Reconditioned and Used Hyundai Santa Fe in Gampaha
Reconditioned and Used Hyundai Santa Fe in Colombo
Reconditioned and Used Hyundai Santa Fe in Kandy
Hyundai Santa Fe Price in Sri Lanka
The Hyundai Santa Fe’s range of petrol first generation vehicles are available for around Rs. 2 million and the latest petrol used vehicles are currently hovering around Rs. 3 million. Rs. 5 million is the price of a used, fully loaded diesel version in the Sri Lankan market.
Hyundai Santa Fe Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Hyundai Santa Fe (As Of 2015)
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2001: Rs. 1,900,000
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2000 cc 2004: Rs. 2,100,000
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2011: Rs. 5,000,000
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2015: Rs. 10,000,000