New and Used Nissan Leaf for Sale in Sri Lanka
Nissan Leaf Carmudi User Rating
3.7 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
The Nissan Leaf in Sri Lanka is the island's first mass manufactured fully electric car. The Leaf came in to the market saturated with the likes of Honda Fit, Honda Insight, Toyota Aqua and Prius, which were the dominant hybrid offerings. The fully electric Leaf has slowly started making a solid entry into Colombo’s city driving environment with more and more cars seen on the road. It is a Mid-Size Hatchback, which offers zero- emission city driving capabilities with the convenience of recharging the vehicle at home.
First introduced to the world in 2010, the Nissan Leaf has now gone on to become the best-selling electric car in the world. The Leaf in Sri Lanka hints at the future of zero emission city based motoring. The early adopters, who bought this car, will pave way for many who drive in city-based environments to move to the electric option. Electric vehicle expert EV Lanka says that they will establish quick charging locations in the Island in the near future, which would then increase the appeal and attraction of fully electric vehicles. The Nissan Leaf in Sri Lanka is possibly the perfect option for the future-minded city commuter to get to work, while saving the planet in the process.
The New Nissan Leaf 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Nissan Leaf 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Nissan Leaf 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The Nissan Leaf 2016 compared to the 2015 model offers a longer range as well as refined convenience features.
- Upgraded Connectivity Features
- Improved Quieter Cabin Area
- More Spacious Rear Seat
- 27-Percent Improvement in Range
What are New Nissan Leaf 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Nissan Leaf 2016 stands out from the rest of the crowd with its bigger battery and improved amenities.
- A Bigger 30 kWh Battery Option
- Improved Excellent 172 km Range
- Upgraded Larger Touchscreen
- Advanced Standard Quick-Charge Port
What are Nissan Leaf 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Nissan Leaf 2016 model comes with new colour options as well as improved exterior features.
- Refined Sloping Front Design
- Two New Colour Options, Deep Blue Pearl and Forged Bronze
- More Polished Bug-Eyed Headlights
- Sharper Vertical Ribbon LED Taillights
What is the Nissan Leaf 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the latest Nissan Leaf 2016 model will depend on its unique trim and the additional features offered.
- Nissan Leaf X Grade 2016: Rs. 4,200,000
- Nissan Leaf Tekna 2016 Rs. 4,300,000
- Nissan Leaf Acenta 2016: Rs. 4,500,000
Nissan Leaf Review in Sri Lanka
Nissan Leaf Engine Specifications and Performance
For being an Electric car, the specifications and performance of the Nissan Leaf proves that it is well capable of handling Sri Lanka’s driving conditions. The Leaf is powered by a single electric motor, which generates 80 kW of power and 280 Nm of torque, which draws energy from a 24 kWh battery. Since it is an electric motor, pulling power is available from the moment the pedal is pressed and the driver does not have to wait for the engine to kick in or for a turbo to take charge. The electric engine also provides a whisper-quiet operation, even at higher speeds. The powerful 80 kW motor on the Nissan Leaf allows it to reach a notably higher top speed of around 150 km/h for a vehicle of this class and at the same time helps it to reach an acceleration of roughly 10 seconds, from zero to 100 km/h, making it a good challenger to other family cars.
- Size: 80 kW Motor
- Battery: 24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion)
- Transmission: Single-Speed Reduction Gear
- Maximum Output: 80 kW
- Maximum Torque: 280 Nm
- Top Speed: 150 km/h
Nissan Leaf Fuel Efficiency
The Leaf has a combined electricity consumption in Sri Lanka (when driving in mixed conditions) of around 0.21 kWh/km, which is equivalent to using as little as 2.4 L/100 km, on a traditional fuel based engine. The base version of the Leaf also comes with a 3.6 kW onboard charger that helps it to reach a range of around 135 km on the city roads of Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Electricity
- Charger: 3.6 kW Onboard Charger
- EPA Range: 135 km (when 100% charged)
- CO2 Emissions: Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV)
New Nissan Leaf Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Nissan Leaf 2016: 45.6 km/l (Equivalent)
- Nissan Leaf 2015: 45.5 km/l (Equivalent)
- Nissan Leaf 2014: 45.5 km/l (Equivalent)
Used or Reconditioned Nissan Leaf Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Nissan Leaf 2013: 45.4 km/l (Equivalent)
- Nissan Leaf 2012: 41.5 km/l (Equivalent)
- Nissan Leaf 2011: 41.6 km/l (Equivalent)
Nissan Leaf Features
Nissan Leaf Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Nissan Leaf is offered to the market with a number of modern convenience features to attract a wide range of customers.
- Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System
- Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)
- Trip Computer
- Window Defroster
- MP3/WMA CD Playback
Nissan Leaf Safety Features
As an all-family car, the Nissan Leaf comes with a highly useful array of safety features that can keep both you and your family safe, from the dangers on the roads of Sri Lanka.
- Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- 4-Wheel ABS
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
- Anti-Theft Alarm System
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Emergency Braking Assist
The Design of Nissan Leaf
Nissan Leaf Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Leaf contains a wide range of design related elements that includes:
- 7-Inch QVGA Color Monitor
- Cup Holders
- Armrest with Storage
- Heated Front and Rear Seats
- Audio Input Jack
- USB Connection Port
Nissan Leaf Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the car has a distinctive design to differentiate itself on the road, with elements that includes:
- Steel Wheels
- LED Low-Beam Headlights
- Front UV Reducing Glass
- Fog Lights
- Solar-Paneled Rear Spoiler
- Chrome Door Handles
Nissan Leaf Color Options
The Nissan Leaf has a wide variety of colors for a car of this class, which are not seen in many other models.
- Brilliant Silver
- Cayenne Red
- Glacier White
- Gun Metallic
- Morning Sky Blue
- Pearl White
Nissan Leaf, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
Being an electric car means that the Nissan Leaf does not have many competitors within Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, it is compared with the BMW i3, the Volkswagen e-Golf as well as the Tesla Model S, which are now being brought into the island.
- Nissan Leaf vs. BMW i3 - The Leaf has a higher seating capacity compared to the i3
- Nissan Leaf vs. Volkswagen e-Golf - The Leaf has an Anti-Theft System compared to the e-Golf
- Nissan Leaf vs. Tesla Model S - The Leaf is far cheaper than the Model S
Key Reasons to Buy a Nissan Leaf
As a new class of vehicle running completely on electric power, there are a number of reasons to consider, before taking the decision to buy a Nissan Leaf in Sri Lanka.
Nissan Leaf Advantages
- Highly spacious interior for its size
- Plenty of new features for the passengers
- Affordable price for its class
- Zero emission drive
Nissan Leaf Disadvantages
- Some reviewers have noted that the car is a bit slow on acceleration
- There might be a shortage of charging stations for the Nissan Leaf around the country
Nissan Leaf Price List in Sri Lanka
If you are searching for a Nissan Leaf for sale in Sri Lanka, then checkout our Nissan Leaf price list as given below.
Nissan Leaf Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Nissan Leaf Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Leaf Acenta 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,500,000
- Nissan Leaf Tekna 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,400,000
- Nissan Leaf 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,200,000
Used Nissan Leaf Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Leaf X Grade 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,000,000
- Nissan LEAF AZE0 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,450,000
- Nissan Leaf 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,190,000
Where to Find Nissan Leaf Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
The Associated Motorways (Pvt) Ltd, which is based in the heart of Colombo, is the authorized agent for Nissan vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, if you are searching for a Leaf, then a number of third party dealers, including EV Lanka (who were the first to bring this vehicle to the country), can also help you to find what you need.
Discover the Selection of Nissan Leaf Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Nissan Leaf Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year