New and Used Nissan March for Sale in Sri Lanka
Nissan March Carmudi User Rating
4.7 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
The Nissan March, which is also called the Nissan Micra in some markets, is a small hatchback from the Japanese manufacturer Nissan that is available in Sri Lanka, and is popular as a small family city car. Available in either three or five-door form factors, and several other (rare) body variants like station wagon and cabriolet, the March has been a popular city car in Sri Lanka for decades. Most cars in Sri Lanka are either the K11 or the K12 models, and have the five-door hatchback form factor. The car’s fuel efficiency and handling has made it a popular option for small Sri Lankan families, along with its affordability and reliability. The March has enjoyed excellent resale value in the Sri Lankan vehicle market with even older 2000 models still holding up significant value. The car ticks all the right boxes for a practical hatchback in Sri Lanka as shown by its high popularity. The vehicle is very reliable, has a spacious interior and offers a cost-effective ride for small families and city folk, with its position only challenged by the Toyota Vitz.
First introduced to the world in 1982, the March from Nissan has been a hit in Sri Lanka, ever since it was brought down to the island. The small lightweight car is famous for being nippy around towns, and shines in small twisty roads. The easier ride of the K12 Nissan March makes it bit soft on the suspension, but both cars have enough pulling power for daily driving tasks, which would be the main role of this car. The new K12 March evolved from the K11 to be rounder, receiving the nickname the Beetle March, a reflection of the styling cues that were borrowed from new Volkswagen Beetle. Most vehicles were stock, but some had large spoilers and body kits added: some from Nissan’s own Nismo tuning unit. The popularity of the Nissan March in Sri Lanka means that there are plenty of options if you want to deck up your vehicle, with fixtures such as spoilers and custom headlamps from the market. Various trims of the car are available in the market, including the premium Nissan March Bolero trim, which comes with upmarket front-end and inside creature comforts.
The New Nissan March 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Nissan March 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Nissan March 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Nissan March 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a range of new drivetrain features.
- New 1.6 L Engine Trim
- Improved Engine Power by Nearly 25 kW
- Enhanced 4-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Reduced Brake Distance to 44.1 m
What are New Nissan March 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Nissan March 2016 stands out from the rest of the crowd by providing advanced safety and convenience features.
- High 477 km Range
- Innovative Electrical Variable Assist Steering
- Six Available Airbags
- Advanced Traction and Stability Control
What are Nissan March 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Nissan March 2016 model offers a number of design updates to its overall exterior layout.
- Longer and Wider Body Structure
- Rear Spoiler with New LED High-Mounted Stop Lamp
- Bolder Chrome-Accent Front Grille
- Protuberant Rear Skirt
What is the Nissan March 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Nissan March 2016 price in Sri Lanka will depend on the optional features and the local distributor.
- Nissan March SV 2016: Rs. 5,150,000
- Nissan March S 2016: Rs. 4,850,000
Nissan March Review in Sri Lanka
Nissan March Engine Specifications and Performance
As a car that was built for the masses, the Nissan March comes with a good range of features to power itself around Sri Lanka’s busy city roads. Most K11 Nissan March cars in Sri Lanka uses a 1.0 L inline four-cylinder engine, with either a five-speed manual or a four-speed auto transmission, and most K12 Nissan March cars in Sri Lanka uses a 1.3 L inline four-cylinder engine with a four-speed automatic transmission. The most recent K13 models however are powered by a 1.2 L engine and uses a 5-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission to move itself forward. As a result, the latest Nissan March also has a notably good power output, which is recorded at around 57 kW at 6000 rpm and a torque that can exceed 104 Nm at just 4400 rpm, allowing the Nissan March to achieve a top speed of roughly 166 km/h on the highways seen here in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 1.2 L
- Cylinders: 3-Cylinder
- Maximum Output: 57 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 104 Nm @ 4400 rpm
- Top Speed: 166 km/h
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual/ CVT Automatic
Nissan March Fuel Efficiency
The car is famous for having a reasonably good fuel economy on Sri Lanka’s roads. The combined fuel consumption of the March is simply superb, which is certainly a standout for its class in Sri Lanka. The Nissan March also has a reasonable 41 L fuel tank that gives it a longer mileage on the country’s rocky roads.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 41 L
- CO2 Emissions: 160 g/km (As tested by LTA)
New Nissan March Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Nissan March 2016: 13.5 km/l
- Nissan March 2015: 12.8 km/l
- Nissan March 2014: 13.3 km/l
- Nissan March 2013: 9.0 km/l
- Nissan March 2012: 11.3 km/l
- Nissan March 2011: 16.1 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Nissan March Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Nissan March 2010: 14.1 km/l
- Nissan March 2009: 13.0 km/l
- Nissan March 2008: 12.5 km/l
- Nissan March 2007: 16.3 km/l
- Nissan March 2006: 13.5 km/l
- Nissan March 2005: 14.0 km/l
Nissan March Features
Nissan March Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Nissan March is comprised of a number of important convenience features to keep its passengers comfortable while on the road.
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Electric Windows
- Power Outlet
- Tilt Steering
- Rear Parcel Shelf
Nissan March Safety Features
For its competitive price margin, the Nissan March does not back down on safety features and offers a range of facilities to keep its passengers safe while on the country’s rocky roads.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BAS/ EBA)
- Driver Airbags
- Power Steering
- Remote Central Locking
The Design of Nissan March
Nissan March Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Nissan March car comes with a wide array of modern design related features that includes:
- Adjustable Front and Rear Headrest
- Assist Grip
- Cup/ Bottle Holders
- 2-Speaker Configuration
- Vanity Mirror
- Gear Shift Indicator
Nissan March Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Nissan March demonstrates a modern design form factor with an assortment of elements such as:
- High-Level Brake Lights
- Rear Spoiler
- Tinted Glass
- Outside Door Mirror
- Rear LED Combi Lamp
- Body Color Bumper
Nissan March Color Options
For being a compact family car, the Nissan March has a nifty layout with a number of attractive looking colors to grab the attention of the buyers.
- Onyx Black
- Brick Red
- Blade Silver
- Storm White
- Olive Green
- Turquoise Blue
Nissan March, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
As an economical car, the Nissan March can be compared with the Suzuki Alto, the Toyota Vitz and the Hyundai Accent that are available for buying in Sri Lanka.
- Nissan March vs. Suzuki Alto - The March has a modern design when compared with the Alto
- Nissan March vs. Toyota Vitz - The March has a higher compression ratio compared to the Vitz
- Nissan March vs. Hyundai Accent - The March is cheaper in price compared to the Accent
Key Reasons to Buy a Nissan March
If you are thinking about buying a Nissan March for your personal use, then do not forget to consider the following aspects as well, which will give you a good understanding of your future buying decision.
Nissan March Advantages:
- Very good fuel economy on Sri Lanka’s busy city driving conditions
- Good engine performance for its midrange size
- Modern and striking design form factor
- High aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
Nissan March Disadvantages:
- Some reviewers have noted that the seating position of the driver seat might be a bit uncomfortable for some users
- The stock wing mirrors of this car might be a bit small for some drivers
Nissan March Price List in Sri Lanka
If you are searching for a Nissan March for sale in Sri Lanka, then consider looking through our Nissan March price list given below.
Nissan March Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Nissan March Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan March SV 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,150,000
- Nissan March SV 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,950,000
- Nissan March 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,730,000
- Nissan March 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,470,000
- Nissan March 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,220,000
- Nissan March 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,820,000
Used Nissan March Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan March AK13 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,600,000
- Nissan March 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,250,000
- Nissan March AK12 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,525,000
- Nissan March 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,500,000
- Nissan March 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,340,000
- Nissan March 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,285,000
Where to Find Nissan March Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
Typically, for most brand new Nissan vehicles, the go to place is the Associated Motorways (Private) Limited, who acts as the official distributor for branded Nissan vehicles in Sri Lanka. However, if you are looking for a Nissan March, brand new or in a used/ reconditioned state, then also remember to look through the dozens of third party distributors, who are located in prominent cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Nissan March Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Nissan March Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year