New and Used Toyota Aqua for Sale in Sri Lanka
Carmudi User Rating
3.9 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
Introduced to the world at the beginning of 2011, the Toyota Aqua, also called Toyota Prius C, has achieved exponential growth to become the second most sold hybrid vehicle built by the Toyota Motor Corporation. The Aqua is the only mainstream mid-sized hatchback from Toyota available in the Sri Lankan market, sitting above the Toyota Vitz in terms of size. It is also the only Hybrid Toyota Hatchback to be found in Sri Lanka’s growing hybrid car market.
The Aqua is a mid-size hatchback available in Sri Lanka largely in a five-door form factor. This Hybrid Subcompact is a shorter version of Toyota's flagship Prius, and has the same level of fuel efficiency delivered through the hybrid petrol/ electric drivetrain. Most of the vehicles in Sri Lanka are badged at the Japanese domestic Toyota Aqua, but a few imports are available also under the Toyota Prius C badge. Overall dimensions are almost the same as a Toyota Prius lift-back, with the wheelbase and length being slightly shorter. The high-spec G Grade and the sporty-looking S Grade trims can be named as the most widely available models in Sri Lanka.
The New Toyota Aqua 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Toyota Aqua 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota Aqua 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The Toyota Aqua 2016 compared to the 2015 model will come with improved interior space and overall handling capabilities.
- Upgraded Spacious Interior
- Bumped Up High Roof
- Reduced Ground Clearance for Improved Handling
- 1.8 Kg Lighter Construct
What are the New Toyota Aqua 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Toyota Aqua 2016 stands out from the competition by offering a better mileage combined with innovative safety features.
- Improved 37 km/l Fuel Economy
- Toyota Safety Sense Package
- Limited-Edition Persona Series Version
- Electronic Active-Safety System
What are the Toyota Aqua 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Toyota Aqua 2016 offers a more conventional yet sharp look combined with a wide variety of colours.
- 14 Brand New Colour Options
- Long Roof Spoiler
- Refined Swept-Back Nose
- High Vertical Tail Lamps
What is the Toyota Aqua 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the brand new Toyota Aqua 2016 will depend on its unique trim and the optional features offered.
- Toyota Aqua EX URBAN 2016: Rs. 5,500,000
- Toyota Aqua Urban X 2016: Rs. 5,700,000
Toyota Aqua Review in Sri Lanka
Toyota Aqua Engine Specifications and Performance
The Toyota Aqua is equipped with an impressive engine train for a Hybrid vehicle of its size and comes with a wide array of advanced specifications. The base engine of this hybrid car is powered using a 1.5 L DOHC 16-Valve with VVT-I 4-cylinder locomotive that can successfully produce 54 kW of power and 111 Nm of torque. Armed with an automatic (ECVT) transmission, the drive train of the Toyota Aqua can reach a top speed of around 170 km/l on the roads of Sri Lanka. Compared to its hybrid form factored the Aqua also has a reasonable acceleration, which is recorded around 14 seconds (from 0 to 100 km/h), giving it the capability to tackle daily commuting challenges seen here. Overall, the Aqua may have a sportier outlook with some models coming with spoilers, side-skirts and free-flow (aftermarket) exhausts in Sri Lanka. To put it simply, the Toyota Aqua is an ideal car built for the middle class consumers in our country.
- Type: Aluminum DOHC 16-Valve with VVT-i
- Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Torque: 111 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Transmission: Automatic (ECVT)
- Top Speed: 170 km/h
- Acceleration: 14 Seconds (0-100 km/h)
Toyota Aqua Fuel Efficiency
The Toyota Aqua is equipped with a basic 36 L fuel tank and runs on typical unleaded petrol - hybrid electric fuel. Nevertheless, the car has documented an impressive fuel saving record, with an estimated 21 km/l in city driving under standard conditions. It also comes with an Energy monitor and an ECO Savings feature to enhance its efficiency.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 36 L
- CO2 Emissions: Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle - According to Tier 2/Bin 3 Emissions Standard
New Toyota Aqua Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Aqua 2016: 21.5 km/l
- Toyota Aqua 2015: 20.3 km/l
- Toyota Aqua 2014: 20.4 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Toyota Aqua Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Aqua 2013: 20.9 km/l
- Toyota Aqua 2012: 21.3 km/l
- Toyota Aqua 2011: 21.3 km/l
Toyota Aqua Features
Toyota Aqua Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Toyota Aqua comes with a wide array of comfort and convenience features offered to the passengers.
- Cruise Control
- Navigation System
- Traction control
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Power Door Locks
- Power windows
Toyota Aqua Safety Features
For its size, the Toyota Aqua is packed with a variety of features including Toyota’s Star Safety System that can make any Sri Lankan car owner feel jealous for not having one.
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST)
- Airbags: nine total Airbags (driver/ passenger/ side)
The Design of the Toyota Aqua
Toyota Aqua Interior Design Elements
Almost all Toyota Aqua cars in the market are fully loaded units and comes with a modern interior design
- Push Start Button
- Multi-Function steering wheel
- Knockdown rear seats
- Leather seats
- Leather steering wheel
- Cup holders
Toyota Aqua Exterior Design Elements
The Aqua’s design is unmistakable and is inspired by its bigger cousin, the Toyota Prius.
- Alloy wheels
- Swept-back roofline
- Front fog lamps
- Side mirror indicators
- Auto headlights
Toyota Aqua Color Options
The Toyota Aqua comes with a number of eye catching metallic colors as well as interior cloth trimmed colors.
- Electric Lime Metallic
- Classic Silver Metallic
- Black Sand Pearl
- Absolutely Red
- Magnetic Gray Metallic
Toyota Aqua, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Toyota Aqua can be compared with the Volkswagen Golf, the Toyota Yaris and the Toyota Prius for its fuel economy, performance as well as affordability.
- Toyota Aqua vs. Toyota Prius - The Aqua is a more affordable option compared to the Prius
- Toyota Aqua vs. Toyota Yaris - The Aqua has a much more efficient Fuel/ Electric I-4 engine compared to the Yaris
- Toyota Aqua vs. Volkswagen Golf - The Aqua has significantly better fuel economy compared to the Golf
Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota Aqua
As a mid-size hatchback that does great gas mileage, it is fully loaded with all that is expected from a modern car, making the Aqua a perfect solution for the Colombo commuter.
Toyota Aqua Advantages
- Very high fuel economy
- Ample cabin room for its size
- Build for both city and suburban use
- Excellent safety rating
Toyota Aqua Disadvantages
- The Aqua has an average level acceleration that some performance lovers may find a bit lacking
- Some reviewers have noted that the Toyota Aqua engine is noisier at high speeds
Toyota Aqua Price List in Sri Lanka
For more information on the latest Toyota Aqua prices, you can see our detailed price list as given below.
Toyota Aqua Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Toyota Aqua Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Aqua EX Urban 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,500,000
- Toyota Aqua X Urban 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,400,000
- Toyota Aqua X Urban 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,990,000
- Toyota Aqua S Touring 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,650,000
Reconditioned and Used Toyota Aqua Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Aqua X-Urban 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,950,000
- Toyota Aqua G Sport 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,500,000
- Toyota Aqua S Grade 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,200,000
- Toyota Aqua S Grade 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,000,000
Where to Find Toyota Aqua Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
The Toyota Lanka Corporation, located in Wattala, which is a sole subsidiary of the Toyota Tsusho Corporation in Japan, is the authorized distributor for Toyota vehicles and spare parts in Sri Lanka. However, the Toyota Aqua can also easily be purchased through third party dealers around the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Aqua Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Toyota Aqua Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year