New and Used Toyota Passo for Sale in Sri Lanka
Toyota Passo Carmudi User Rating
4.2 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
Toyota Passo Review
Built as a five-door hatchback subcompact car in mid-2000, the Passo from Toyota has an engine capacity of 1000 cc and is based on a front wheel drive system. Some of the later models occupied an all-wheel drive system with high engine capacities that can go up to 1300 cc as well. However, the cars that arrive at Sri Lankan market can only be found in the 1000 cc range. The focus on the safety factor, which is included in the modifications of this car, is rather higher than a typical small built vehicle. This boasts not only the common safety features such as air bags and power locks, but also a VSC system (Total Vehicle Stability Control System), back camera safety and a rear window defroster as well, which makes this car one of the safest options if you have small children.
As it is generally found in MVP niche cars, the Passo boasts an effective five-seat structure, which allows you to easily optimize comfortable space for all your family members. Since the car comes with a range of eye-catching colors, it is popular with the users who also consider color as a deciding factor. While the cozy interior design of the car promises you a comfortable ride, the alloy wheels and the sleek outer built, is an image booster that gives an added value to the relatively low price one has to pay for this vehicle.
The New Toyota Passo 2016 is Finally Here
Toyota Passo 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota Passo 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Toyota Passo 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a number of new drivetrain related features.
- Upgraded 1.3 L 4-Cylinder Engine Version
- Enhanced 5 Speed Manual Transmission Option
- Improved Fuel Economy
- New Collision Safety Measures
What are the New Toyota Passo 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Toyota Passo 2016 stands out from its competition by providing a range of safety and convenience features.
- Available Advanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) Feature
- Dynamic Support Headrests
- Innovative Handbrake System
- Advanced Noise Insulation System
What are the Toyota Passo 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Toyota Passo 2016 offers an array of design related updates to its overall exterior layout.
- New Metallic and Mica Colour Options
- Modified Front and Rear Fog Lights
- Sharp Rectangular Shaped Grill
- Redesigned Crystal Indicator Lights
What is the Toyota Passo 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The Toyota Passo 2016 price in the Sri Lankan market is subject to the optional trim and the local importer.
- Toyota Passo 2016: Rs. 5,150,000
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Toyota Passo
1. History and Facts about Toyota Passo in Sri Lanka
Introduced by Toyota in 2004, Toyota Passo falls under the niche of small family cars due to its subcompact build. The first generation of Passo was manufactured until 2010, with design changes that were made in 2007. In early 2010, the new generation Passo II was introduced to the market. Along with the ample amount of interior space for a comfortable ride, and the safety conscious rear seats with the split folding feature, which generally includes 5 seats, this stylish car is ideal for a small family. Since its introduction to Sri Lanka, the Toyota Passo has been high on demand as a family car. With its efficient fuel consumption and budget friendly maintenance, this car serves well for most Sri Lankan commuters.
The cars with similar features in the same price range that gives a competition to the Passo that are currently being sold in Sri Lanka are the Maruti Suzuki Alto and the new Micro Panda, which targets the same consumer market. However, they do not give the same level of quality and value assurance that the Toyota Passo provides, by being a solid Japanese build car. There is also the stylish Toyota Vitz, which also carries the Toyota label and is a tad smaller than the Passo, thus having lesser space for luggage.
2. Engine and Specifications of the Passo
The Toyota Passo comes with an admirable level of engine performance to power itself on busy roads
Toyota Passo Engine Specs:
- Type: DOHC 12 valves
- Size: 1.0 L
- Cylinders: 3-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Maximum Output: 51 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 92 Nm @ 4400 rpm
- Transmission: CVT
- Top Speed: 180 km/h
- Acceleration: 15 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Rack and pinion
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): MacPherson Strut/ Torsion Beam
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated Discs/ Drums
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 3650 mm x 1665 mm x 1535 mm
- Curb Weight: 910 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-seats
3. Toyota Passo Fuel Consumption
The Toyota Passo was able to achieve an optimal fuel efficiency due to its compact small size build, which also helped the overall performance in the process. The layout of the engine supports not only an efficient fuel consumption level, but also a budget friendly and easy to maintain automobile, to be used over the years. For Sri Lankan roads where you often have to face long hours on traffic, these features are among the first few things you have to consider when buying a car.
The overall tested fuel consumption rate of the Toyota Passo stands at around 21.0 km/l, which is impressive even for its subcompact category
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 L
- CO2 Emissions: 84 g/km
4. Design and Features of Toyota Passo
Toyota Passo Interior: The interior features of the Toyota Passo does not disappoint and comes with advanced facilities such as A/C: Front, Air Filter, AM/FM Stereo, CD Audio System, DVD Player, Cup Holders, Power Steering, Power Window, Folding Rear-Seat, Defogger (Rear), Steering Adjustment, Tilt Steering, Keyless Ignition, Electric/ Heated Seats, Tachometer, Removable Seats, Speakers, Optional Navigation System.
Toyota Passo Exterior: the exterior of the Toyota Passo has a unique and distinctive design and is comprised of features that includes Alloy Wheels, Tinted Glass, Spare Tire, Power Adjustable Door Mirrors, Rear Fog Lamps, Back Wiper, Xenon Lamps, Stop Lights, Antenna.
5. Available Color Options of Toyota Passo in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Black, Gray, and Pearl
For Exterior: Black Mica Metallic, Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Red Mica, Fine Blue Mica Metallic, Powdery Beige Metallic, Shining Red, Greyish Purple Metallic Opal, White, Pearl White
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Passo ?
The safety is a highly important aspect for any passenger vehicle, and the Passo certainly does not lack behind with a number of important options to keep you and your family safe while on the road.
- Driver Airbag
- Passenger Airbag
- Side Airbag
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Break Assist
- Engine Immobilizer
- Power Door Locks
- Keyless Entry
- Remote Locking
- Side Impact Bar
- Central Power Window Control
- Additional Stop Light
- Safety Belt Pretensioner
- Safety Belt Limiter
- 3-Point Safety Belt
- Child Car Restraints
- Durable Frame
- Isofix Bar
7. What are the Standout Elements of Toyota Passo?
The overall design of the vehicle has been manufactured while keeping the European market in mind, making this a classy and stylish car flaunting its compact but spacey interiors. With the backseats down, it increases the capacity for luggage despite its compact structure.
The Toyota Passo clearly stands high on the compact hatchbacks with its efficiency, affordability and good looks, especially fitting well on the Sri Lankan roads.
8. Toyota Passo Compared To Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
As a well-built subcompact car, the Toyota Passo can be compared with the Suzuki Alto, the Micro Panda and the Hyundai Eon, which are commonly seen throughout Sri Lanka.
- Toyota Passo vs. Suzuki Alto - The Passo has a more powerful engine if compared with the Alto
- Toyota Passo vs. Micro Panda - The Passo has better fuel consumption when compared with the Panda
- Toyota Passo vs. Hyundai Eon - The Passo has a higher aftermarket value when compared with the Eon
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota Passo car
A buyer who is considering purchasing a Toyota Passo should also consider the following aspects of this nifty car, to have a better understanding of your buying decision.
- Outstanding fuel economy
- Surprising interior space for the passengers
- Relatively high aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
- Wide availability of spare parts for the vehicle
- Beautiful aerodynamic design
The Toyota Passo is a car that is primarily built for transporting passengers for daily city commutes. Therefore, this car may not have the top acceleration of a more capable sports hatchback. However, the Passo is still a good performer on Sri Lanka’s challenging roads.
Some drivers might consider the built in infotainment system of the Toyota Passo to be a bit lacking. However, accessories relating to infotainment are widely available across the country.
10. Where to Find a Toyota Passo Cars for Sale in Sri Lanka?
Typically, for buyers who would like to buy a brand new Toyota vehicle, the best option is to get in contact with the authorized distributor for the brand the Toyota Lanka (Private) Limited. However, if someone is considering buying a Toyota Passo, then also remember to search through third party distributors based in popular cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Passo for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Toyota Passo Price in Sri Lanka
Most of the Toyota Passo cars in the market fall into the categories of used or reconditioned. The pricing for this car ranges from 2-3 million, which is typically the price of a quality small family vehicle. The price varies depending on the condition and mileage. The average price for each of the different model years available in Sri Lanka are given hereunder.
Toyota Passo Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Toyota Passo Cars
- Toyota Passo 2004: Rs. 1,800,000
- Toyota Passo 2005: Rs. 2,075,000
- Toyota Passo Boon 2007: Rs. 2,150,000
- Toyota Passo KGC-10 2008: Rs. 2,200,000
- Toyota Passo 2009: Rs. 2,350,000
- Toyota Passo KGC 30 2010: Rs. 2,800,000