Chery QQ cars for Sale in Sri Lanka
Chery QQ in Sri Lanka: Review, images, engine & specs, price
The Chery QQ is a 5-door hatchback that gained a lot of attention when it was first introduced to the Sri Lankan market. Manufactured by the rising Chinese automaker Chery Automobile, the car has a unique aerodynamic shape that has captured the attention of many Sri Lankan car buyers who are looking for a compact affordable car for the Sri Lankan roads. With a 0.8L engine and a manual or automatic transmission, it was more than capable of handling the day-to-day challenges within the countries busy cities. One of the key reasons for the QQ to gain a lot of attention among Sri Lankans is its cheaper price margin, which came quite handy when the vehicle prices started to upsurge dramatically within the island, due to the government’s import-tax regulations.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Chery QQ
1. History and Facts about Chery QQ in Sri Lanka
The Chery QQ was first introduced to the world in early 2003. It was designed and created by the Chinese state owned vehicle manufacturer Chery Automobile, as a compact car for the middle class families. In 2006, the car was renamed as the Chery QQ3 for branding purposes, which it is still called today.
Owing to its extreme popularity as a city car in China, the car was quickly imported to the country by IDEAL Chery Automobiles of Sri Lanka, and has managed to stir up a lot of attention within the Sri Lankan compact car market. Without a doubt, the cars unique and attractive design has managed to gain a lot of attention, while its solid performance and good level of comfort for its size has continued to drive up its sales within the island.
2. Chery QQ Specifications and Performance
As a low budget car, the Chery QQ has a range of performance related features to carry its passengers safely and quickly to its destination.
- Type: SQR372 12V DOHC
- Size: 800 cc
- Cylinders: 3-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9:5:1
- Maximum Output: 38 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 70 Nm @ 3,500 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed manual / EZ-drive semi-automatic
- Top Speed: 220 km/h
- Acceleration: 20.0 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Rack & Pinion (Power Steering)
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): McPherson Strut/ Beam & Coil
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Disc/ Drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 3,550 mm x 1,495 mm x 1,485 mm
- Curb Weight: 880 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-seats
3. Chery QQ Fuel Consumption
The version of Chery QQ, which is widely available in Sri Lanka, includes a capable 800 cc inline 3-cylinder engine that utilizes a 5-speed manual transmission to power its drive train. This has resulted in a power output of roughly 38 kW @ 6000 rpm and a maximum torque of roughly 70 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. Due to such engine specifications, the QQ has an excellent fuel economy on Sri Lanka’s rough roads and has reported to have an overall fuel efficiency of roughly 14 km/l on a combined drive cycle.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: 93 Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 35L
- CO2 Emissions: 156 g/km (Euro III)
4. Design and Features of Chery QQ
Interior: The interior of the Chery QQ has a number of standard features that includes Air Conditioning, AM/FM Radio, USB Port, Two Speaker Configuration, Single Disc CD player, Electric Windows as well as Split Folding Rear Seats.
Exterior: The exterior of the QQ is unique to its line-up and has features such as Steel Wheel Rims, Rear Wiper, Mud Skirt, Rear Spoiler, Side Door Moldings, High Mounted Brake Light as well as Electric Mirrors.
5. Available Color Options of Chery QQ in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Two-Toned Black & Grey
For Exterior: Gray, Green, Maroon, Yellow, Blue and White
6. Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Chery QQ
Even though it being a low-priced vehicle, the Chery QQ does come with a selection of safety and security features to keep its passengers safe on Sri Lanka’s unpredictable roads.
- Power Steering
- Side Impact Protection Bars
- Remote Central Locking
- Rear Door Child Locks
- Seatbelts (Front/ Rear)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)*
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)*
(*Available in higher models)
7. Which are the Standout Elements of Chery QQ
Without a second thought, one of the most prominent features that allow the Chery QQ to stand out from the rest of the crowd in Sri Lanka is its attractive price margin, for both brand new as well as reconditioned vehicles. This helps many middle class families as well as first-time vehicle buyers to make their dream of owning a car a reality.
Not only this, another important element that makes this car a unique offering in the countries compact vehicle market, is its very attractive and nifty design, which has certainly captured the imagination of small size car lovers.
8. Chery QQ Compared To Other Cars In Sri Lanka
As a compact fuel-efficient car, the Chery QQ can be compared with the Tata Nano, the Toyota Vitz as well as the Suzuki Alto, which are all widely sold in the local vehicle market.
Chery QQ vs. Tata Nano - The QQ has a better safety rating compared to the Nano
Chery QQ vs. Toyota Vitz - The QQ is cheaper in price within Sri Lanka compared the Vitz
Chery QQ vs. Suzuki Alto - The QQ has a higher top speed compared the Alto
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Chery QQ
If this nifty looking car has caught your eye, then also remember to consider these aspects, which will help you to make a more informed buying decision.
- Highly competitive price margins
- Very good fuel economy in Sri Lanka’s busy roads
- Good level of comfort for its low budget class
- Having an official distributor in the country to handle aftersales services
- Superb value for money
Since it is built to be smaller for a productive city car, some owners may not prefer the amount of leg space being provided, especially for the rear seat passengers. However, this may not be an issue for city commutes, since the car also provides a lot of comfort related features.
Some drivers might find the QQ’s entertainment facilities to be a bit old school. Nevertheless, the car does come with an FM radio as well as a CD player, to satisfy your essential needs.
10. Where to Find a Chery QQ for Sale in Sri Lanka?
The IDEAL Chery Automobiles (Pvt) Ltd, which is a subsidiary of the IDEAL Group, is the official distributor for Chery Motor Vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. However, for those who would like to buy a reconditioned or used Chery QQ car, can also look through third party suppliers who are located in various cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Chery QQ for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
New, Reconditioned and Used Chery QQ for Sale in Colombo
New, Reconditioned and Used Chery QQ for Sale in Gampaha
Chery QQ Price in Sri Lanka
For a car buyer, who would like to purchase a reconditioned or used Chery QQ car, can do so for a price ranging from Rs. 750,000 to Rs. 1,100,000 as of (2015), subject to the overall condition of the vehicle as well as its built year.
Chery QQ Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Chery QQ (As Of 2015)
- Chery QQ 2004: Rs. 750,000
- Chery QQ 2005: Rs. 775,000
- Chery QQ 2006: Rs. 790,000
- Chery QQ 2007: Rs. 800,000
- Chery QQ 2008: Rs. 825,000
- Chery QQ 308 2009: Rs. 890,000
- Chery QQ 2010: Rs. 900,000
- Chery QQ 2011: Rs. 950,000
- Chery QQ 2012: Rs. 1,100,000