New and Used Honda for Sale in Sri Lanka
Honda Vehicles in Sri Lanka
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. is one of the leading multinational vehicle corporations in the world, with products varying from automobiles, motorcycles, power products, Honda Robotics, and Honda Jet. The company stands together with the other well-known Japanese vehicle manufacturing giant Toyota, as one of the largest automakers in Japan as well as in the world. Honda is reputed for being the world’s largest manufacturer for engines, automobiles, and motorcycles. The company was established by Soichiro Honda on September 24, 1948 in Hamamatsu, Japan and is the home to the Honda headquarters even today. Honda is the only non-American auto manufacturer to manufacture cars in United States and export it from United States to the rest of the world. It is the only other Japanese automobile manufacturer to be listed among the top ten automobile manufacturers in the world, along with Nissan and Toyota and is one of the leading names in the motor sports sector.
Honda cars have been a popular brand in Sri Lanka for an extended time. Stafford Motor Company (Pvt) Ltd., which is based in Colombo 10, is the official distributor for Honda vehicles since the 1960s, when its founder Mr. Felix R. de Zoysa obtained the distributorship for Honda branded automobiles in the country. Due to his passion for vehicles, Mr. de Zoysa was also nicknamed as “Mr. Honda” in Sri Lanka.
Honda cars in Sri Lanka are complied with all-round performance, economical, fuel efficiency, and convenience. They deliver high technology along with above industry features for an affordable price, which is welcomed by Sri Lankan commuters. The convenience of being able to find spare parts easily and aftersales services add more value to Honda vehicles throughout the country.
What Are the Best Selling Honda Models in Sri Lanka?
These are the most popular Honda vehicles (Sedans, Subcompacts, Hatchbacks, Crossovers, SUV’s, MPV’s and Vans etc.), for sale in Sri Lanka.
The Fit GP5 is the latest model of the highly acclaimed Honda Fit, which is the most popular Honda vehicle found in Sri Lanka. The car is powered by either a 1.3 L or 1.5 L hybrid engine, which is capable of achieving an overall fuel economy of around 15 km/l, in Sri Lanka’s rocky road conditions. However, not only this, the GP5 also has a more spacious interior, compared to the Toyota Aqua, which is its main competitor in Sri Lanka.
For more information about the GP5, read our detailed review at Carmudi.lk
Honda Fit GP5 Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Honda Fit GP5?
- Honda Fit GP5 2016: 14.9 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2015: 15.1 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2014: 13.9 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2013: 13.9 km/l
What are Honda Fit GP5 Features?
- Climate Control Automatic Air Conditioning
- Electric Windows
- CD Audio System
- Bluetooth Connectivity
What are the Engine Specifications of Honda Fit GP5?
- Engine Type: 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 88 kW @ 6600 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 145 Nm @ 4600 rpm
Price of the Honda Fit GP5 in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Fit GP5 S Grade 2016: Rs. 5,290,000
- Honda Fit GP5 S Grade 2015: Rs. 5,200,000
- Honda Fit GP5 L Grade 2014 Rs. 5,000,000
- Honda Fit GP5 S Grade 2013 Rs. 4,825,000
The Vezel is a new mid-size crossover vehicle manufactured by Honda, which is now increasingly becoming a favorite among both Hybrid car and SUV lovers in Sri Lanka. Its Multi-purpose form factor and advanced technological features, combined with a class leading fuel economy, has managed to create a name for itself among vehicle reviewers around the world.
For more information about this new generation of Honda Vezel crossovers, read our review at Carmudi.lk.
Honda Vezel Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Honda Vezel?
- Honda Vezel 2016: 17.5 km/l
- Honda Vezel 2015: 15.2 km/l
- Honda Vezel 2014: 14.8 km/l
What are Honda Vezel Features?
- Vanity Mirrors
- Power Windows
- Power Door Locks
- Center Console with Sliding Armrest
What are the Engine Specifications of Honda Vezel?
- Engine Type: Water Cooled, 4-stroke SOHC i-VTEC
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 97 kW @ 6600 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 156 Nm @ 4600 rpm
Price of the Honda Vezel in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Vezel Z Grade 2016: Rs. 7,175,000
- Honda Vezel Z Grade 2015: Rs. 6,950,000
- Honda Vezel Z Grade 2014: Rs. 5,775,000
The Grace is one of the latest sedan offerings from Honda and made its debut in 2014, for the international market. The car is positioned as a vehicle for the upper middle class and is slowly gaining popularity among Sri Lankan car buyers for its good level of fuel efficiency, spacious interior and excellent handling capabilities in Sri Lanka’s roads.
For more details about this vehicle, please read our Honda Grace review here at Carmudi.lk.
Honda Grace Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Honda Grace?
- Honda Grace 2016: 14.1 km/l
- Honda Grace 2015: 13.2 km/l
- Honda Grace 2014: 14.2 km/l
- Honda Grace 2013: 12.1 km/l
What are Honda Grace Features?
- Rotating Front Passenger Seat
- 8-Speaker System
- Color Displays
- Adjustable Steering Wheel
What are the Engine Specifications of Honda Grace?
- Engine Type: Direct injection DOHC i-VTEC
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 81 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 134 Nm @ 5000 rpm
Price of the Honda Grace in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Grace EX 2016: Rs. 6,175,000
- Honda Grace EX 2015: Rs. 5,900,000
- Honda Grace EX 2014: Rs. 5,700,000
- Honda Grace EX 2013: Rs. 5,200,000
The Civic is a very popular subcompact sedan available in Sri Lanka. It is a well-known model from Honda that was introduced to the world in 1973, which delivers style while offering an excellent level of fuel economy. The Civic is also a popular model amongst the tuning masses of Sri Lanka, given it can easily be modified to fit their tastes.
For more details, remember to read our in-depth review about the Honda Civic.
Honda Civic Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Honda Civic?
- Honda Civic 2016: 14.7 km/l
- Honda Civic 2015: 13.4 km/l
- Honda Civic 2014: 13.7 km/l
- Honda Civic 2013: 13.9 km/l
What are Honda Civic Features?
- 5-Inch LCD Screen
- Air Conditioning with Air-Filtration
- Driver's Footrest
- Illuminated Driver's Window
What are the Engine Specifications of Honda Civic?
- Engine Type: Water Cooled 4-STROKE, 16-Valve SOHC i-VTEC
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 142 kW @ 6500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 174 Nm @ 4300 rpm
Price of the Honda Civic in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Civic EX-T 2016: Rs. 7,100,000
- Honda Civic EX 2015: Rs. 6,750,000
- Honda Civic 2014: Rs. 6,400,000
- Honda Civic EX 2013: Rs. 5,900,000
Other notable Honda models found in Sri Lanka includes the Honda CR-V, Honda HR-V, Honda Integra, Honda CR-Z, Honda Acty, Honda Fit Shuttle GP2, Honda Fit GP1, Honda Insight, Honda Freed GP3, Honda Fit, Honda City, Honda Fit GP4 RS, Honda Fit Aria, Honda Fit GP3 and the Honda Civic Hybrid.
Honda Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
Due to the extreme popularity of the Hybrid technology in Sri Lanka, most vehicle importers, including the official distributor for Honda vehicles, has imported Hybrid cars and SUVs to supply for the heavy demand. As of 2015, most popular Honda vehicles in the island also has a Hybrid counterpart, which can be purchased through various dealers who are located throughout the country. Some of the most notable Hybrid varieties includes the:
- Honda Fit Hybrid: more than 20 km/l in city driving conditions
- Honda Vezel: estimated 24.2 km/l under tested conditions
Honda Civic Hybrid: combined 19 km/l under tested conditions
Honda Insight: around 20 km/l in standard city conditions
- Honda Accord Hybrid: combined 19.5 km/l under standard conditions
Availability of Honda Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
Stafford Motor Company is the official authorized distributor for Honda branded vehicles in the country. Parts and after sales services are readily available throughout the island for all Honda models. New and used Honda cars can be found easily in Sri Lanka, from dealers and individual sellers located throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Honda Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Honda Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Honda in Sri Lanka
- The company has a history of around 70 years manufacturing vehicles, which has led to a worldwide infrastructure network that includes Sri Lanka, to provide technical and after service support for its vehicle buyers
- It is the largest producer of internal combustion engines in the world, which is a clear statement to its reliable engine technology
- Consistent and highly dependable performance, especially in Sri Lanka’s roads and climate conditions
- Excellent aftermarket value for the majority of Honda vehicles being sold in the local market
- Having an authorized distributor for the vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. This helps to build a confidence among many buyers when purchasing a brand new car or SUV
Did You Know?
For more than half a century (since 1959), Honda has maintained its position as the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer.