Honda Accord for Sale in Sri Lanka
Honda Accord Review
The Honda Accord is a car that ticks all the right boxes in terms of comfort, handling and economy (specially its hybrid variant). The car has an upscale finish both on the interior and on the exterior, which is loved around the world. The seventh generation Honda Accord was designed with curvy design cues and a bold grille as well as headlamps that gave it a bold presence on the road. The ninth generation model however was designed with a more futuristic approach and the result was a car that looks sleek and luxurious in any standards.
On the options front, the seventh generation Honda Accord comes with Air conditioning, Power Steering, Power Shutters, Power Mirrors, Central Locking, and a CD player, Electric driver’s seat, dual airbags and leather interior. The Honda Accord 2014 comes with telescopic steering wheel, keyless entry, speed control, Automatic temperature control, an MP3 decoder, fully automatic headlights, Electronic stability, and a Security system, Occupant sensing airbags, Brake assist, Traction control and ABS.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Honda Accord
1. History and Facts about Honda Accord in Sri Lanka
The Honda Accord has been rolling off the production lines of Honda since 1976. It is arguably one of the best sedans around the world. The Accord has been one of the best selling cars in the United States since 1989 and has been recognized in numerous awards.
These include the Motor Trend's "Import Car of the Year" award for 1994, Car and Driver's recipient of the 10 Best in recognition for 28 of the last 32 years, 2013 Canadian Car of the Year and 2014 Green Car of the Year award. The Honda Accord currently available in Sri Lanka is in its ninth generation and the most common models on Sri Lankan roads belongs to the seventh and the ninth generations.
2. Honda Accord Specifications and Performance
The Honda Accord is powered using a very capable engine for a sedan of its class and comes with advanced engine specifications to move its drivetrain.
Honda Accord Engine Specs
- Type: 4-cylinder in-line DOHC i-VTEC
- Size: 2.4 L/ 3.5 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 11.1: 1
- Maximum Output: 138 kW @ 6400 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 245 Nm @ 3900 rpm
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual/ CVT
- Top Speed: 224 km/h
- Acceleration: 10.5 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Macpherson Strut/ Independent Multi-Link, Coil Spring with Stabilizer
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated Disc/ Solid Disc
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4890 mm x 1850 mm x 1465 mm
- Curb Weight: 1,580 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-Seats
3. Honda Accord Fuel Consumption
The ninth generation Honda Accord in Sri Lanka comes with a 2.0 L R20A3L4 engine couple with a 6-speed Manual or a 5/ 6-speed automatic transmission. The Honda Accord Hybrid variant comes with an Electronic Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT) gearbox. The seventh generation Honda Accord in Sri Lanka comes with either a 2.0 i-VTEC engine capable of generating 152 BHP or a 2.4 i-VTEC engine with 187 BHP.
On the fuel economy front, the Honda Accord 7th generation has recorded up to 11 km/l on combined driving cycles. The non-hybrid version of Honda Accord 2014 has recorded between 13 - 14 km/l and the Honda Accord hybrid version records up to 18 km/l on combined drive cycles.
Fuel Category: Petrol
Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
Fuel Tank Capacity: 65 L
CO2 Emissions: 192 g/km (As tested by LTA)
4. The Design and Features of the Honda Accord
The design of the Honda Accord is probably one of the best you can find in a sedan car of this class. While being a mid-size family car it certainly does jump into the executive form factor with its sharp and premium type looks. The front of this vehicle is the most striking part of this car with the Accord having a narrow aerodynamic appearance with sharp headlights and a front grill. The front bumper is also narrow and has fog lights that further helps to improve its aesthetics when seen on the road. The cabin of the Honda Accord is very spacious and provides a wide range of facilities for its passengers. The rear side of this car also demonstrates its premium look and has dual exhausts and high mounted stoplights to improve safety and productivity in the long term.
Honda Accord Interior: Air Conditioning, Climate Control, AM/ FM Stereo, CD Audio System, Cup Holders, Power Seats, Remote Engine Start, Power Door Locks, Cruise Control, Center Console, Armrests, Storage Compartment, Vanity Mirrors, Map Lights, Sunglasses Holder, Power Outlets, Seatback Pockets, Fuel Filler Release, Trunk Release, Floor Mats, Door Pockets, Power Windows, Fold-Down Rear Seatback, MP3 Playback, 8-Inch Screen, Bluetooth Connectivity, USB Connectivity.
Honda Accord Exterior: Alloy Wheels, Tinted Glass, Unit-Body Construction, Compact Spare Tire, Aluminum Hood, Rear Window Antenna, Remote Entry And Trunk Release, One-Touch Turn Indicators, Taillights With Integrated LED Light Bars, Chrome Door Handles, Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Dual Exhaust, LED Fog Lights, Moonroof, Roof-Mounted Antenna, Halogen Headlights, Power Side Mirrors.
5. Available Color Options of Honda Accord in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Black Fabric, Ivory Fabric, Gray Fabric, Black Leather, Ivory Leather, and Gray Leather
For Exterior: Basque Red Pearl II, Modern Steel Metallic, Champagne Frost Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Kona Coffee Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic, Obsidian Blue Pearl, San Marino Red, White Orchid Pearl
6. Safety Rating and Associated Features of the Honda Accord
The safety is one of the best aspects of this car with the Accord offering a wide range of safety and security related features to keep its passengers secured even for a long distance journey.
- Hill Start Assist
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at All Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Driver's and Front Passenger's Seat-Belt Reminder
- Childproof Rear Door Locks
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Lower Anchors (2nd-Row Outboard)
- Tether Anchors (2nd-Row All)
- Lane Keeping Assist System
7. Standout Elements of the Honda Accord
The interior and exterior finish, the extensive list of features and driving assists and safety equipment, coupled with the ride comfort, handling and performance sets the Honda Accord on a league of its own.
The car also comes with a very good fuel economy that helps it to set itself apart compared to other car models seen in Sri Lanka.
8. Honda Accord, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Honda Accord can be compared with other similar models from competing brands such as the Toyota Camry, the Hyundai Sonata and the Mazda Axela.
Honda Accord vs. Toyota Camry - The Accord has a more powerful engine compared to the Camry
Honda Accord vs. Hyundai Sonata - The Accord has a better fuel economy compared to the Sonata
Honda Accord vs. Mazda Axela - The Accord has a higher top speed compared to the Axela
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Honda Accord
Before considering buying a Honda Accord from the local market, remember to consider the following aspects of this car, which will help you to arrive at a more informed buying decision in the future.
- Superb handling capabilities
- Quality spacious interior
- Powerful efficient engine
- Quick acceleration
- Admirable fuel economy
Some reviewers have noted that the touchscreen display that comes within the Honda Accord to be a bit confusing to use compared to offerings from its competitors. However, the display does help the driver to control many functionalities of the car while on the road.
Apart from that, the Honda Accord does come with a high-end price tag in Sri Lanka that is beyond many middle class vehicle buyers. Nevertheless, the Accord does provide a wide array of facilities to justify its high price in the long term.
10. Where to Find a Honda Accord for Sale in Sri Lanka?
As of 2016, for a buyer who wants to buy a brand new Honda Accord from the Sri Lankan market can do so by contacting the authorized distributor for Honda vehicles in Sri Lanka, the Stafford Motor Company (Pvt) Ltd, which is located in Colombo. However, this is not the only option and a used or reconditioned Accord can be bought from a third party distributor, who is located within one of the cities mentioned below.
Discover the Selection of Honda Accord for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Reconditioned and Used Honda Accord in Colombo
Reconditioned and Used Honda Accord in Kandy
Honda Accord Price in Sri Lanka
If you wish to buy a Honda Accord in Sri Lanka, you will come across many registered and unregistered models. The seventh generation Honda Accord in Sri Lanka will cost you between 2.1 - 3.6 Million Rupees based on the year of manufacture, the trim level and the overall condition. The ninth generation Honda Accord will cost you between 7-9 Million Rupees based on the year of manufacture and its condition.
Honda Accord Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Honda Accord (As Of 2016)
- Honda Accord 1987: Rs. 630,000
- Honda Accord 1991: Rs. 650,000
- Honda Accord 1992: Rs. 995,000
- Honda Accord 1993: Rs. 1,140,000
- Honda Accord 1996: Rs. 1,200,000
- Honda Accord 1997: Rs. 1,300,000
- Honda Accord 2000: Rs. 1,790,000
- Honda Accord 2004: Rs. 2,350,000
- Honda Accord (DBA-CU2) 2008: Rs. 4,800,000
- Honda Accord Hybrid 2015: Rs. 8,900,000