New and Used Honda City for Sale in Sri Lanka
Honda City Review: Specifications, Images and Price
The Honda City is a subcompact car, which was initially designed for the Japanese, Australian, and European markets. Initial production of the first generation City cars began in 1981, however, the production ceased after 1994 with the second generation. The production revived again in the 1996 as a compact four-door sedan designed for the developing markets beginning with Asia and then followed by Latin America and Australia. It was sold under the name Honda Fit Aria in the period between 2002-2008. Having laid out the platform for subcompact sedans for Honda’s Global Small Cars, the City has surpassed its sales to 1.2 million units in 45 countries by the mid-2009.
The City is designed to have the latest technology right at your fingertips. It is equipped with an aggressive carriage, which comes with a solid chrome grille, smooth flowing lines and a sporty spoiler. The new bold exterior combined with electric sunroof makes a distinguishing proclamation for this model. The new line of City cars comes with high safety standards, which combines ACE body structure designed to enhance self-protection. This feature lessens the harm to other vehicles when in an accident. Further protection technologies like Stability Assist, Anti-Lock Breaking System (ABS) and whiplash have been included. It also has driver and front passenger SRS Airbags to provide a better safety. The seating capacity for five passengers are also available in the Honda City.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Honda City
1. History and Facts about Honda City in Sri Lanka
First introduced to the market in 1981, the car known as City, which was manufactured by Honda, has seen a stable growth in Sri Lanka. This is a spacious family car that offers an exquisite design and a great performance for its owners. The vehicle has been able to achieve a top-level place in the Sri Lankan market. Some of the competing models for Honda City are Hyundai Accent, Ford Fiesta, the Suzuki Alivio and even the Nissan Sunny.
Compared to most other vehicles, the model might not be as popular in the Sri Lankan market. However, there is still an attractive selling rate for it, unsurprisingly in urban areas. This is a car, which is mostly famed among local executives as a mid-level management vehicle. The top-level management prefer models such as the Honda Civic, Toyota Camry and other 2.4 L engine vehicles. The Stafford Motors, the authorized distributor, first introduced Honda City to the local market when it first launched in the late 90s.
2. Honda City Engine Specifications and Performance
The Honda City comes with admirable performance related features, to carry its passengers quickly to their intended destination.
Honda City Engine Specs:
- Type: SOHC 4 CYLINDER 16 VALVE i-VTEC
- Size: 1.5 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Maximum Output: 119 PS @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 145 Nm @ 4600 rpm
- Transmission: Automatic (CVT)
- Top Speed: 195 km/h
- Acceleration: 11 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Collapsible Electric Power Assisted
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): MacPherson Strut, Coil Spring/ Torsion Beam Axle, Coil Spring
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated Disc/ Drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4,442 mm x 1,694 mm x 1,477 mm
- Curb Weight: 1,065 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-seats
3. Honda City Fuel Consumption
Honda City is designed with Honda’s new design philosophy. The new models are created to the concept Man-Maximum and Machine Minimum, and the comfort is a priority during the production. To add more fuel efficiency the newer models are designed with Eco Assist System together with ECON Mode. The refined petrol engine with 1.05L i-VTEC delivers a balance between power and fuel efficiency. The engine is capable of 119 PS and the Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) along with the torque converter provides additional mileage. The newer models come in SOHC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve i-VTEC and automatic transmission.
Therefore, the Honda City has recorded an overall fuel economy of roughly 18 km/l on challenging Sri Lankan roads.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 L
- CO2 Emissions: 135 g/km (As tested by LTA)
4. Design and Features of Honda City
Interior: The interior of the Honda City comes with a number of modern features such as Integrated Audio, AC Vents, Charging Ports, Premium Dashboard, Driver Interface, Seat Height Adjuster, Hands Free Telephone Controls, Auto AC, Touchscreen Control Panel, Push Button Start, Multi-Information Combination Meter, Paddle Shift, Cruise Control, Auto Air Conditioner, Rear Parking Camera, Cruise Control, Power Steering With Tilt Adjustment, Keyless Entry, Power Window, Power Door Lock, Dust & Pollen Filter, Interior Light, Trunk Light, Clock.
Exterior: The exterior of the Honda City is a representation of Honda’s design form factor and comes with elements that include Fog lights, HID lights, Spoiler, Tinted glass, Rear Chrome Garnish, Premium Headlamps, Solid Wing Face Chrome Grille, Shark Fin Antenna, Electric Sunroof, Power Folding ORVM, Turn Indicators, 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels, Wrap Around Tail Lamps, Front Grill, Antenna, Outer Door Handles, Door Mirror, Mudguard.
5. Available Color Options of Honda City in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Gray, Black, and Pearl
For Exterior: Alabaster Silver M, Crystal Black P, Taffeta White, Urban Titanium M, Carnelian Red P, Golden Brown M
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Honda City Car
Safety is an extremely important factor that every buyer should consider when buying a car. The Honda City certainly does not lack behind in this department, with a range of features to keep its passengers safe on tight roads.
- ACE Body
- Driver SRS Airbag
- Passenger SRS Airbag
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Security Alarm
- Front Fog Lamp
- Windshield Defogger
- Seatbelt Reminder
- Driver Side Window One Touch Up/ Down With Pinch Guard
- Day/ Night Mirror
- Auto Door Lock
- Key Off Reminder
- Dual Horn
- Impact Mitigating Headrests
- Anti-Theft System
- Traction Control
7. What are the Standout Elements of Honda City?
The Honda City delivers luxurious features such as an advanced multi-information combination system and even a rear view camera, for the comfort and convenience of its driver and passengers.
The car accelerates the driving experience by adding features such as a multi-functioning steering wheel, which can includes audio control, paddle shift, Eco Assist with Econ Mode and cruise control for the benefit of the driver.
8. Honda City Compared To Other Subcompact Cars in Sri Lanka
As a family car, the Honda City can be compared with the Mitsubishi Lancer, the Mazda 3 and the Toyota Allion that are widely sold in the Sri Lankan market.
- Honda City vs. Mitsubishi Lancer - The City has better fuel consumption when compared with the Lancer
- Honda City vs. Mazda 3 - The City has a higher top speed when compared with the Mazda 3
- Honda City vs. Toyota Allion - The City has a more powerful engine if compared with the Allion
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Honda City Car
If you are considering buying a Honda City car in the near future, then do not forget to consider the following pros and cons of this vehicle, for a more informed buying decision.
- Highly admirable fuel economy
- Good engine performance on Sri Lankan roads
- High aftermarket value
- Servicing and spare parts directly available from the authorized dealer
- Superb safety and convenience features
Since the Honda City is primarily a compact car built for middleclass families, it does not have the leg space seen in full size sedans. However, the car does offer a range of convenience features to compensate this while on long commutes.
For some owners, the overall boxy like design of this car might be a turnoff. Nevertheless, this might not be a significant issue for the majority of Sri Lankan vehicle buyers.
10. Where to Find a Honda City for Sale in Sri Lanka?
One of the best options available for a buyer who is searching for a Honda City is to get in contact with the authorized distributor for Honda vehicles, the Stafford Motor Company (Pvt) Ltd. However, a City can also be purchased from a third party distributor, located in a prominent city in Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Honda City for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Honda City Price in Sri Lanka
As of 2015, a Honda City car in a reconditioned or used state can be purchased for around Rs. 250,000 for an old 1983 model and around Rs. 2,650,000 for a 2008 model, depending on the features offered as well as its secondhand state.
Honda City Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Honda City
- Honda City 1983: Rs. 250,000
- Honda Civic hatchback 1987: Rs. 550,000
- Honda City Sports 1991: Rs. 950,000
- Honda City Silver 1998: Rs. 1,190,000
- Honda City 1999: Rs. 1,375,000
- Honda City 2000: Rs. 1,450,000
- Honda City 2002: Rs. 1,500,000
- Honda City 2003: Rs. 2,050,000
- Honda City 2004: Rs. 2,175,000
- Honda City 2005: Rs. 2,250,000
- Honda City ZX vtec 2008: Rs. 2,650,000