New and Used Honda CR-Z for Sale in Sri Lanka
Honda CR-Z is an affordable small car in the Sri Lankan hybrid vehicle market. This three-door two-seater sporty coupe aims to provide attractive driving dynamics and an economical fuel consumption. The car comes with a sleek, low bonnet that enhances its visual impact. Closely associated with the earlier Honda coupe, Insight, and the Honda Civic, it has corrected some of the issues with these and is becoming a serious choice for Sri Lankan vehicle owners. Some noteworthy features are available in the Honda CR-Z such as Internet radio compatibility, hands-free text messaging and a voice-controlled navigation system. The user-friendly controls and its more futuristic design of the interior in this two-seater makes it a good-looking car. However, some owners may feel that the split rear window is detrimental to rear visibility. Other standard features includes Bluetooth, automatic climate control, a rearview camera and a six-speaker audio system with a USB port. The 6-speeds available for manual transmission in addition to the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) makes for a great ride, and is a standard feature for this hybrid small car. The car is responsive in steering, have good reliable brakes, and provides sharper handling in comparison to the car’s competitors, which will be especially helpful when driving around in Colombo.
First came into the limelight in 2010, the CR-Z, from Honda, is intended as a compact sports car that has managed to gain a lot of attention among modern and stylish car lovers of Sri Lanka. The two-seater car is a decent vehicle, however, does lack a bit on the sports aspect when compared to some of its competitors, which is a complaint of all potential and existing users of the Honda CR-Z in Sri Lanka. The car does offer some options for Sport, as well as Normal and Economy modes to help maximize fuel efficiency. While the car only seats two, the seats themselves are comfortable and spacious. However, the cabin is not tall, which may be a problem for tall drivers. The Stafford Motors, agent for Honda in Sri Lanka, ensures genuine parts for Honda automobiles, but spare parts as well as accessories can also be purchased through third party auto dealers located in various cities.
The New Honda CR-Z 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Honda CR-Z 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Honda CR-Z 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Honda CR-Z 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a range of improved convenience features.
- Upgraded Seven-Speaker Audio System
- Slightly Improved Fuel Economy
- 7-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment Display
- New Blind-Spot Warning System
What are New Honda CR-Z 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Honda CR-Z 2016 stands out from the rest of the crowd by offering advanced connectivity and safety features.
- Sole Hybrid with a Stick Shift
- Enhanced Power Jolt from “Boost” Mode
- Advanced Bluetooth Phone and Audio Connectivity
- Honda Lane Watch Blind-Spot Monitoring System
What are Honda CR-Z 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Honda CR-Z 2016 offers a number of design updates to both its interior and the exterior.
- New Dashboard Design
- Reshaped Dual-Panel Rear Glass
- Narrowing Tailgate Design
- Long Sloping Sharp Front Hood
What is the Honda CR-Z 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the Honda CR-Z 2016 depends on the local importer as well as the optional trim offered.
- Honda CR-Z EX 2016: Rs 7,350,000
- Honda CR-Z LX 2016: Rs 6,675,000
Honda CR-Z Review in Sri Lanka
Honda CR-Z Engine Specifications and Performance
The engine specifications of the Honda CR-Z is highly admirable and has dozens of features to power its wheels as well as the drivetrain. The 1.5 L four-cylinder engine and the electric motor in the Honda CR-Z makes for a vehicle quick at taking off, but this does not necessarily translate to better performance at higher speeds. However, Sri Lankan owners may find this irrelevant on local roads. Many owners of the Honda CR-Z in Sri Lanka feels that it is not a sporty enough replacement to the CR-X. There is also a CVT as well as a six-speed manual transmission option available for this car. Nevertheless, the latest iteration of the Honda CR-Z is powered using an advanced 1.5 L 4-cylinder petrol engine that has been able to generate a maximum power of roughly 97 kW and a maximum torque of around 189 Nm, giving it an impressive top speed that exceeds 209 km/h on the highways seen in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 1.5 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual/ CVT
- Maximum Output: 97 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 189 Nm @ 1000-2000 rpm
- Top Speed: 209 km/h
Honda CR-Z Fuel Efficiency
The fuel consumption is better in the Honda CR-Z than in its competitors such as the Mazda RX-8. In general, the Honda CR-Z in Sri Lanka has reported a fuel economy of around 17.5 km/l on the highway and roughly around 15 km/l on busy cities. The car also has a good 40 L fuel tank for a longer range on local roads.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 L
- CO2 Emissions: 118 g/km LEV3-SULEV30
New Honda CR-Z Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Honda CR-Z 2016: 16.6 km/l
- Honda CR-Z 2015: 14.7 km/l
- Honda CR-Z 2014: 15.8 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Honda CR-Z Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Honda CR-Z 2013: 16.4 km/l
- Honda CR-Z 2012: 16.3 km/l
- Honda CR-Z 2011: 16.5 km/l
Honda CR-Z Features
Honda CR-Z Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Honda CR-Z, even though being a two-door car comes with an array of comfort and convenience related features.
- Climate Control
- Push Button Start
- Power Windows
- Power Door Locks
- Cruise Control
Honda CR-Z Safety Features
The safety is an aspect that was focused when building this vehicle and the Honda CR-Z is filled with modern safety features to keep its passengers secured while on the road.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Multiple-Threshold Airbags (SRS)
- Driver's and Front Passenger's Active Head Restraints
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
The Design of Honda CR-Z
Honda CR-Z Interior Design Elements
The interior design of the Honda CR-Z is unmatched by any other vehicle and is offered with features such as:
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Beverage Holders
- Instrument Panel Storage
- Storage Bins
- Power Outlets
- Glove Compartment
Honda CR-Z Exterior Desain Elements
The exterior aesthetics of the Honda CR-Z has a striking sporty look while on the road and has elements that includes:
- Unit-Body Construction
- Alloy Wheels
- Roof-Mounted Antenna
- Turn Indicators
- LED Brake Lights
- Halogen Headlights
Honda CR-Z Color Options
The Honda CR-Z does offer an assortment of new color options to attract more local buyers from the Sri Lankan market.
- Aegean Blue Metallic
- Milano Red
- Polished Metal Metallic
- Deep Violet Pearl II
- Ivory Pearl
- Jet Black
Honda CR-Z, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Honda CR-Z, for being a compact car, can be compared with the Toyota Aqua, the Honda Fit and the Mazda RX-8 that are being sold by various dealers throughout Sri Lanka.
- Honda CR-Z vs. Toyota Aqua - The CR-Z has better acceleration if compared with the Aqua
- Honda CR-Z vs. Honda Fit - The CR-Z has a higher top speed when compared with the Fit
- Honda CR-Z vs. Mazda RX-8 - The CR-Z has better spare part availability than the RX-8
Key Reasons to Buy a Honda CR-Z
If you are someone who is eyeing on buying a Honda CR-Z, than we would like you to look at the following pros and cons of this car, in order to have a more informed buying decision.
Honda CR-Z Advantages:
- Excellent comfort and convenience features
- Outstanding safety features
- Sporty exterior design
- Admirable fuel economy
Honda CR-Z Disadvantages:
- One of the main disadvantages of this car in Sri Lanka is its seating capacity that only allows two passengers
- Some reviewers have noted that the split rear window of the Honda CR-Z has poor visibility while on the road
Honda CR-Z Price List in Sri Lanka
For those who are searching for a Honda CR-Z for sale in Sri Lanka can look through our Honda CR-Z price list here at Carmudi.
Honda CR-Z Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Honda CR-Z Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda CR-Z EX 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs 7,350,000
- Honda CR-Z LX 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs 6,250,000
- Honda CR-Z 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs 5,640,000
Used Honda CR-Z Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda CR-Z 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,890,000
- Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,650,000
- Honda CR-Z 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,150,000
Where to Find Honda CR-Z Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
Buying a Honda CR-Z is a relatively easy task in Sri Lanka if you know where to look for it. As of 2015, the best option available for purchasing this model is to get in contact with third party vehicle distributors, who are based in prominent cities throughout Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Honda CR-Z Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Honda CR-Z Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year