New and Used Honda Fit GP5 for Sale in Sri Lanka
The Honda Fit GP5 is an absolute bargain, when considering the savings you will be making on fuel consumption as well as with the added extras that comes with it. This unique car, within Colombo or anywhere else in Sri Lanka has very high value. It will undoubtedly be a sensible option for many Sri Lankans, who would like to have a vehicle with good all round performance, yet to a manageable price margin. A lightweight structure was the key focus of the engineers at Honda. Around 27% of its body is made using ultra-high strength yield steel. A space frame is used and the rear torsion beam, which was used in the previous models, has been done away with. The Honda Fit GP5 indeed provides a much spacious cabin when compared to its competitor, the Toyota Aqua.
The Honda Fit has been in production since the early 2001. It is arguably one of Honda’s most successful hatchback cars. The Fit sold more than 5 million units by mid-2013 and has moved onto become a firm favorite and a force to be reckoned with, in the hatchback car market of Sri Lanka. The Honda Fit is currently in its third generation, and the current model (as of 2015) is known in Sri Lanka as the Honda Fit GP5. This car in Sri Lanka is available in three trim levels (Hybrid F package, Hybrid L Package and the Hybrid S Package) but many features such as Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Shutters, Power Mirrors, Multi-Function Steering, Reverse Camera and the Honda Smart Key System are available as standard features. On the safety front this hatchback comes complete with traction control, ABS (Anti-Lock Braking system) and Dual Airbags (i-SRS on the driver`s side and SRS on the passenger’s side). The Hill Start Assist feature is also available to make driving much easier.
The New Honda Fit GP5 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Honda Fit GP5 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Honda Fit GP5 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The Honda Fit GP5 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a number of improvements to its overall drivetrain.
- Improved Handling Capabilities
- Stiffer Body Structure
- Refined Suspension System
- Improved Rear-View Camera
What are New Honda Fit GP5 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Honda Fit GP5 2016 stands out from its competition by providing a range of advanced convenience features.
- Refined 2nd-Row Magic Seat
- Sharp Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering
- High-Definition Liquid Crystal Display Touch-Screen Interface
- Advanced 160-Watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 Sound System
What are Honda Fit GP5 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Honda Fit GP5 2016 offers a range of design updates to both its interior and exterior.
- Polished Interior Soft-Touch Materials
- Enhanced Silver Accent Trim
- Slimmer Headlight Design
- Improved Rear Below-Bumper Diffuser
What is the Honda Fit GP5 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the Honda Fit GP5 2016 in Sri Lanka depends on the dealer and the auxiliary features offered.
- Honda Fit GP5 S Grade 2016: Rs. 5,600,000
- Honda Fit GP5 2016: Rs. 5,450,000
Honda Fit GP5 Review in Sri Lanka
Honda Fit GP5 Engine Specifications and Performance
Under its small size hood, the Honda Fit GP5 packs quite a punch, by combining powerful performance features to thrust itself forward. The Honda Fit GP5 comes with a 1.3 L or 1.5 L hybrid option. Honda has equipped this model with a 7-speed Semi-Automatic (DCT), CVT and a 6-speed manual. The most common in Sri Lanka is the DCT and CVT variants. Nevertheless, this 4-cylinder engine of the Honda Fit GP5 can also produce a notable level of power to turn its wheels on the tight roads seen in Sri Lanka. According to official figures, the Fit GP5 can generate up to 88 kW at 6600 rpm and more than 145 Nm of torque at just 4600 rpm, giving it a top speed that exceeds 180 km/h on the highways in our country. Due to this power output, the Honda Fit GP5 also has a notably good acceleration, which is roughly 10.7 seconds, from zero to 100 km/h, making it an excellent performer on Sri Lanka’s busy cities.
- Size: 1.3 L/ 1.5 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)/ Six-Speed Manual Transmission (6MT)
- Maximum Output: 88 kW @ 6600 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 145 Nm @ 4600 rpm
- Top Speed: 180 km/h
Honda Fit GP5 Fuel Efficiency
The hybrid engine coupled with the lightweight platform used in the Honda Fit GP5 has resulted in an exceptional fuel economy. Nevertheless, even under Sri Lankan conditions the Honda Fit GP5 has recorded a superb mileage in cities as well as in the highway. Even though the car has a smaller 40 L fuel tank, it also has a longer range to tackle the typical driving distances seen here.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 L
- CO2 Emissions: 140 g/km
New Honda Fit GP5 Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Honda Fit GP5 2016: 15.0 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2015: 15.2 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2014: 14.0 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2013: 13.9 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2012: 14.5 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2011: 14.2 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Honda Fit GP5 Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Honda Fit GP5 2010: 14.3 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2009: 14.4 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2008: 13.7 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2007: 13.9 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2006: 12.9 km/l
- Honda Fit GP5 2005: 12.5 km/l
Honda Fit GP5 Features
Honda Fit GP5 Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Honda Fit GP5 comes with a number of important comfort and convenience features to keep its passengers busy for a long distance ride.
- Climate Control Automatic Air Conditioning
- Electric Windows
- Power Steering
- CD Audio System
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- USB Port
Honda Fit GP5 Safety Features
Without a doubt, the Honda Fit GP5 can easily be denoted as one of the safest vehicles in its class to be found in Sri Lanka, with outstanding safety ratings obtained in almost all category levels.
- Central Locking
- Engine Immobilizer
- Alarm System
- Cruise Control
- Front and Rear Fog Lights
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
The Design of Honda Fit GP5
Honda Fit GP5 Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Honda Fit GP5 is filled with a wide array of advanced design elements that includes:
- Information Display
- Split Rear Seat
- Folding Rear Seat
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Armrest and Storage Compartment
- Beverage Holders
Honda Fit GP5 Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Honda Fit GP5 is nothing short of impressive, and comes with elements such as:
- Alloy Wheels
- Roof-Mounted Antenna
- Halogen Headlights
- Turn Indicators
- Rear Roofline Spoiler
- LED Brake Lights
Honda Fit GP5 Color Options
The Honda Fit GP5 in the Sri Lankan market offers a number of attractive pearl and metallic colors for the buyers.
- Mystic Yellow Pearl
- Milano Red
- Aegean Blue Metallic
- Crystal Black Pearl
- White Orchid Pearl
- Alabaster Silver Metallic
Honda Fit GP5, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The new Honda Fit GP5 can ideally be compared with the new Toyota Aqua, the Suzuki Wagon R and the Toyota Prius that are popular within the Sri Lankan market.
- Honda Fit GP5 vs. Toyota Aqua - The Fit GP5 comes with a higher fuel capacity compared to the Aqua
- Honda Fit GP5 vs. Suzuki Wagon R - The Fit GP5 has a much more powerful engine compared to the Wagon R
- Honda Fit GP5 vs. Toyota Prius - The Fit GP5 is cheaper in price compared to the Prius
Key Reasons to Buy a Honda Fit GP5
If you are now considering buying a Honda Fit GP5, then we can assure you that your decision will be a good investment for the future. However, remember to consider the following aspects as well, which will allow you to make a more informed buying decision.
Honda Fit GP5 Advantages:
- Award winning safety features
- Superb aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
- High-level availability of spare parts and accessories
- Spacious interior with ample features for passenger comfort
Honda Fit GP5 Disadvantages:
- For a brand new Honda Fit GP5 the most significant disadvantage is its high price category in Sri Lanka
- Some high-tech users have mentioned that the cars multimedia system is a bit old fashion for their tastes
Honda Fit GP5 Price List in Sri Lanka
To learn more about the Honda Fit GP5 price in Sri Lanka, look through our Honda Fit GP5 price list as mentioned below.
Honda Fit GP5 Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Honda Fit GP5 Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Fit GP5 S 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,600,000
- Honda Fit GP5 S grade 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,200,000
- Honda Fit 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,190,000
- Honda Fit GP5 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,900,000
- Honda Fit 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,900,000
- Honda Fit Hybrid 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,800,000
Used Honda Fit GP5 Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Fit 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,375,000
- Honda Fit 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,350,000
- Honda Fit- 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,975,000
- Honda Fit GE 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,850,000
- Honda Fit 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,715,000
- Honda Fit 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,550,000
Where to Find Honda Fit GP5 Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
Not only for the Honda Fit, but also for most brand new Honda vehicles in Sri Lanka, the place to go is the country’s official distributor for the brand, the Stafford Motor Company (Pvt). Ltd., which is based in Colombo. Nevertheless, buyers can also explore other options by contacting third party dealers who are located in prominent cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Honda Fit GP5 Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Honda Fit GP5 Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year