New and Used Honda Vezel for Sale in Sri Lanka
The new Vezel, which is also known as the Honda HR-V, was first unveiled under the title Urban SUV Concept back in 2013. The Honda Vezel offers a modern, capable, fuel-efficient vehicle in the form of an all-new crossover form factor for all space loving car enthusiasts.
This SUV from Honda is the newest crossover in the market, and it is a market in which it stands almost alone. Toyota’s Harrier (Lexus RX-series) and Nissan’s Juke, almost borders on this SUV’s-size, but did not really take off in Sri Lanka.
The Vezel is a new Hybrid Mid-Size crossover from the Japanese auto manufacturer that is now available for buying in Sri Lanka, and is fast becoming the Hybrid SUV of choice for many. The name Vezel was said to stem from the word bezel, to indicate the facets of the cut gemstone, and this is exactly what this car looks like. The winning factor of the Vezel is of course its prominent appearance. The Honda Vezel has stayed true to the original concept car, and it looks stunning with lines that run the length of the car and gives it a sporty, yet somewhat rugged appearance.
Honda Vezel Review in Sri Lanka
Honda Vezel Engine Specifications and Performance
Under its hood, the Honda Vezel pecks many features, which can make any Hybrid car lover in Sri Lanka feel jealous for not owning such a technological masterpiece. The base engine of the Honda Vezel is powered using the same 1.5 L, inline four-cylinder Atkinson-cycle petrol engine that is being used to drive the Honda Fit. The wheels of the Honda Vezel are driven through a CVT (continuously variable transmission) or a 7-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission system. The car is capable of delivering a combined 97 kW, through both its engine as well as its electric motor. The Vezel can also generate a reasonably high 156 Nm of torque, which is ideal for light towing activities seen in Sri Lanka. Overall, the Honda Vezel can reach a top speed of roughly around 190 km/h and an acceleration of around 11 seconds (from 0 to 100 km/h), making it an excellent crossover for middle class families in our country.
- Type: Water Cooled, 4-stroke SOHC i-VTEC
- Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 97 kW @ 6600 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 156 Nm @ 4600 rpm
- Top Speed: 187 km/h
- Acceleration: 11.6 Seconds (0-100 km/h)
Honda Vezel Fuel Efficiency
The engine of the Vezel gives it enough power to match Sri Lanka’s expressway speeds, without heavy engine noise, but still returns an excellent 15 km/l (under standard conditions) through its hybrid drive. The Vezel also comes with a relatively smaller 40 L fuel tank for its size and emits only a bit more than 100 g/km of CO2 under typical conditions seen in Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 L
- CO2 Emissions: 113 g/km (As tested by LTA)
New Honda Vezel Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Honda Vezel 2016: 17.5 km/l
- Honda Vezel 2015: 15.2 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Honda Vezel Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Honda Vezel 2014: 14.8 km/l
Honda Vezel Features
Honda Vezel Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Honda Vezel is equipped with a diverse array of comfort and convenience features for the benefit of its passengers.
- Vanity Mirrors
- Power Windows
- Power Door Locks
- Rear Window Defroster
- Climate Control
- Bluetooth Hands Free Link
Honda Vezel Safety Features
The Honda Vezel can easily be recognized as one of the safest Hybrid vehicles found in the Sri Lankan Market. Some of its advanced features includes the following.
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
The Design of the Honda Vezel
Honda Vezel Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Honda Vezel comes with an eye-catching array of modern design elements such as:
- Centre Console
- Sliding Armrest
- Leather-Wrapped Steering
- Multi-Function steering wheel
- Cup holders
- Seatback pockets
Honda Vezel Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Vezel displays the ingenuity of the Honda Motor Corporation.
- Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights
- LED Brake Lights
- Roof-Mounted Antenna
- Window Wiper/ Washer
- Fog Lights
- Rear Privacy Glass
Honda Vezel Color Options
The Honda Vezel offers a number of modern fabric and leather interior colors as well as metallic and pearl exterior colors.
- Black Fabric
- Gray Leather
- Black Leather
- White Orchid P
- Modern Steel M
- Crystal Black P
- Alabaster Silver M
- Carnelian Red P
- Morpho Blue
Honda Vezel, Compared to Other High-Featured Crossovers in Sri Lanka
As a crossover between a car and an SUV, the Honda Vezel has little competitors to itself. However, it can be compared with the Toyota Prius, the Hyundai Santa Fe and the BMW X3 sold in the Sri Lankan market.
- Honda Vezel vs. Toyota Prius - The Vezel has a higher fuel carrying capacity compared to the Prius
- Honda Vezel vs. Hyundai Santa Fe - The Vezel has all-wheel drive compared to the Santa Fe
- Honda Vezel vs. BMW X3 - The Vezel has a better fuel economy compared to the X3
Key Reasons to Buy a Honda Vezel
Due to its rapid popularity in Sri Lanka, the Honda Vezel is now one of the most requested crossovers sold in the country. If you are also considering buying one, then consider the following, which will help you to make a better decision.
Honda Vezel Advantages
- Efficient Hybrid engine
- Spacious interior and seating facilities
- Excellent cargo loading capabilities
- Recognizable futuristic design
Honda Vezel Disadvantages
- The engine of the Honda Vezel is not built for high levels of acceleration
- Some reviewers have stated that the center mounted display of this vehicle to be a bit confusing
Honda Vezel Price List in Sri Lanka
To learn more about the latest Honda Vezel price in Sri Lanka, you can check out our price list as given below.
Honda Vezel Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Honda Vezel Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Vezel Z Grade 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,175,000
- Honda Vezel (X) 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,900,000
- Honda Vezel Z Grade Stylish Package 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,750,000
- Honda Vezel RU3 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,725,000
Reconditioned and Used Honda Vezel Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Honda Vezel Z Grade 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,650,000
- Honda Vezel X Grade 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,500,000
Where to Find Honda Vezel Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
Stafford Motor Company (Pvt) Ltd., which is based in Colombo, is the official authorized distributor for Honda vehicles and spare parts found in Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, if you need to find the Honda Vezel of your choice, then you can also check through a number of third party dealers found across the country.
Discover the Selection of Honda Vezel Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Honda Vezel Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year