New and Used Hyundai for Sale in Sri Lanka
Hyundai Vehicles in Sri Lanka
The Hyundai Motor Company, which is based in Seoul, South Korea, is the largest automobile manufacturer in Korea and as of now is considered as the fourth largest automobile manufacturer in the world. Founded nearly half a century ago in 1967 by the famous Korean entrepreneur Chung Ju-yung, the company saw exponential growth, from its humble beginnings to become one of the most influential brands in the automotive world. Its novel and innovative designs and aggressive marketing tactics have greatly contributed to the success of this organization, with its vehicles being available in 193 countries through more than 6,000 dealerships worldwide.
First started appearing in the country around the early 80’s, the Korean carmaker Hyundai has now become an established brand in Sri Lanka, with almost all their vehicles being offered in the local market. The current fleet from the Seoul-based manufacturer includes hatchbacks, cars, and SUVs, trucks and vans. Like its sister company Kia, Hyundai has now settled into the Sri Lankan market, and has positioned itself as a manufacturer that delivers tremendous value for money and a broad selection of vehicles. Hyundai’s low-cost offerings have also been able to carve out a market segment for affordable diesel utility vehicles, like vans and small trucks. Hyundai Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, which was incorporated in the late 90’s is now the official representative for Hyundai branded vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. The company is a part of Prestige Automobiles, who themselves are the authorized dealers for BMW vehicles sold in Sri Lanka.
What Are the Best Selling Hyundai Models in Sri Lanka?
These are the most popular Hyundai vehicles (Sedans, Subcompacts, Hatchbacks, Crossovers, SUV’s, MPV’s and Vans etc.), for sale in Sri Lanka.
1) Hyundai Santa Fe in Sri Lanka
The Santa Fe is a large SUV and is not really a proper 4x4, but more of a full-size soft roader. The vehicle is now in its third generation, and has transformed into a proper comfortable soft-roader, complete with seven seats for seven full-grown adults. For its class it has an admirable fuel economy and can achieve roughly around 9.0 km/l on a highway drive in Sri Lanka.
For more information, you can read our review about the Hyundai Santa Fe on Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Hyundai Santa Fe?
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2016: 8.9 km/l
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2015: 8.9 km/l
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2014: 9.5 km/l
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2013: 9.1 km/l
What are Hyundai Santa Fe Features?
- Bluetooth Hands-Free System
- AM/ FM/ MP3 Audio System
- Multi-Functional Display
What are the Engine Specifications of Hyundai Santa Fe?
- Engine Type: DOHC 24-valve with D-CVVT
- Base Engine Size: 2.2 L
- Maximum Output: 216 kW @ 6400 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 341 Nm @ 5200 rpm
Price of Hyundai Santa Fe in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 12,000,000
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 11,500,000
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,450,000
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,150,000
The Accent is a small four-door sedan from Hyundai and is quite popular in Sri Lanka. It is an affordable entry-level four-door saloon with good specifications and good ride comfort. A 1.6 L engine is built-in to power the fourth generation of this vehicle. The Accent also comes with either a 5/ 6-speed manual or 4/ 6-speed automatic transmission to thrust its weight forward.
For further information about the Hyundai Accent, please read our review at Carmudi.lk.
Hyundai Accent Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Hyundai Accent?
- Hyundai Accent 2016: 12.8 km/l
- Hyundai Accent 2015: 14.8 km/l
- Hyundai Accent 2014: 14.4 km/l
- Hyundai Accent 2013: 13.5 km/l
What are Hyundai Accent Features?
- Exterior Temperature Display
- AM/ FM/ MP3 Audio System
- 6 Speakers
- USB and Auxiliary Input Jacks
What are the Engine Specifications of Hyundai Accent?
- Engine Type: 16-valve with D-CVVT
- Base Engine Size: 1.6 L
- Maximum Output: 102 kW @ 6300 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 166 Nm @ 4850 rpm
Price of Hyundai Accent in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Hyundai Accent 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs 5,350,000
- Hyundai Accent 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs 5,150,000
- Hyundai Accent 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs 4,800,000
- Hyundai Accent 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs 4,240,000
The Elantra is possibly the most common Hyundai car in Sri Lanka, because the Sri Lankan Police have been using it as a patrol car. The small-sized four-door saloon’s second-generation model replaced the Mitsubishi Galant as the patrol car of choice, and the market for this vehicle grew rapidly within the country. Currently available in its fifth generation, the Hyundai Elantra is capable of achieving more than 13 km/l on a highway drive in the country.
If you would like to learn more about the Hyundai Elantra, then you can read our review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Hyundai Elantra Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Hyundai Elantra?
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: 13.4 km/l
- Hyundai Elantra 2015: 13.1 km/l
- Hyundai Elantra 2014: 13.5 km/l
- Hyundai Elantra 2013: 12.7 km/l
What are Hyundai Elantra Features?
- Center Console
- USB/ AUX Connectivity
- Engine Start/ Stop Button
- Sunglass Holder
What are the Engine Specifications of Hyundai Elantra?
- Engine Type: DOHC 16-valve with D-CVVT
- Base Engine Size: 1.6 L
- Maximum Output: 110 kW @ 6,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 177 Nm @ 4,700 rpm
Price of Hyundai Elantra in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Hyundai Elantra 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,000,000
- Hyundai Elantra 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,800,000
- Hyundai Elantra 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,250,000
- Hyundai Elantra 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,800,000
The Tucson, which is an essential re-badge of the Kia Sportage, is a popular and widely available SUV in Sri Lanka, as an entry-level crossover/ soft-roader for the country's middle class. In production since 2004, the Tucson is now in its third generation and uses a 2.0 L engine to power its drive with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission to propel it forward.
For further information about the Hyundai Tucson, please read our in-depth review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Model: Coming Soon
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Hyundai Tucson?
- Hyundai Tucson 2016: 10.8 km/l
- Hyundai Tucson 2015: 9.6 km/l
- Hyundai Tucson 2014: 9.6 km/l
- Hyundai Tucson 2013: 10.2 km/l
What are Hyundai Tucson Features?
- Air conditioning
- Power Steering
- Power Shutters
- Power Mirrors
What are the Engine Specifications of Hyundai Tucson?
- Engine Type: in-line 16-valve DOHC D-CVVT
- Base Engine Size: 2.0 L
- Maximum Output: 115 kW @ 6,200 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 192 Nm @ 4,000 rpm
Price of Hyundai Tucson in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Hyundai Tucson 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,500,000
- Hyundai Tucson 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,750,000
- Hyundai Tucson 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,920,000
- Hyundai Tucson 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,600,000
Other notable Hyundai models found in Sri Lanka includes the Hyundai Coupe, the Hyundai H100, Hyundai Atos, Hyundai Trajet, Hyundai Santro and the Hyundai Matrix.
Hyundai Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
Hyundai has been developing its Hybrid vehicle technology since the early 90,s to power its future generation cars. The company has been actively creating new hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), for mass production since 2008 with the unveiling of the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
As of now, a number of its popular production models also comes with a Hybrid version with vehicles including the Sonata as well as the Hyundai Santa Fe. However, these might still not be commonly available in Sri Lanka, though anyone who would wish to acquire one can do so through a third party dealer based on a prominent city in the island.
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid: around 18.5 km/l for a highway drive
Availability of Hyundai Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
The Hyundai Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, which is also a subsidiary of Prestige Automobiles (who are the dealers for BMW cars and SUV’s in the country), is the official distributor for Hyundai branded vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, a number of third party dealers are also involved in importing the vehicles to the country and can be found in major cities throughout the island.
Discover the Selection of Hyundai Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Hyundai Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Hyundai in Sri Lanka
- Highly innovative and cutting edge technological designs that has captured the imagination of many vehicle enthusiasts in Sri Lanka
- Excellent aftermarket value in the country, due to its increasing popularity among middle class buyers
- Relatively cheaper price compared to the level of features offered, making Hyundai vehicles one of the best value for money SUV’s
- Having an official distributor for the brand in Sri Lanka, giving more confidence to the buyers with regard to after sales service
- Increasingly wide availability of spare parts, both through its official dealer as well as through third party sellers making it much easier to maintain a vehicle for its duration of use
Did You Know?
Hyundai has the world’s largest integrated automobile manufacturing plant, which is located in Ulsan, South Korea. It even has a seaport of its own, and is fully capable of producing around 1.6 million vehicle units per year.