Hyundai Elantra for Sale in Sri Lanka
Hyundai Elantra Review
The attractively named Elantra, from the South Korean vehicle manufacturer Hyundai, is a mid-size 4-door family sedan, which has managed to appeal to many Sri Lankan middle class car buyers, for its aerodynamic design as well as unparalleled safety and comfort related features.
Introduced in the early 90’s to the Korean market, the car has seen a number of facelifts as well as performance improvements that has made it a good choice for Sri Lanka’s first time as well as family car buyers.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Hyundai Elantra
1. History and Facts about Hyundai Elantra in Sri Lanka
The South Korean manufacturer Hyundai first introduced the Elantra to the world in 1990. Codenamed J1, the car received a revamped design in 1993 to make it more appealing to the vehicle buying masses.
Currently in its fifth generation, the Hyundai Elantra has come to represent the rising middle class of Sri Lanka, with its striking modern design that offers a considerable level of facilities as well as performance for the countries busy families. It is also a popular choice among Taxicab companies that find the Elantra’s very favorable fuel economy on Sri Lanka’s roads, combined with its facilities, a bargain for the price they have to pay. Spare parts are also widely available, through the official Hyundai dealer (Hyundai Lanka (Pvt) Ltd), as well as specialized third party suppliers.
2.Hyundai Elantra Specifications And Performance
For its class as a compact 4-door family car, the Hyundai Elantra comes with an admirable level of performance features, to make the car desirable for any Sri Lankan car lover who has an eye for good engine performance.
- Type: DOHC 16-valve with D-CVVT
- Size: 1.6 L/ 1.8 L
- Cylinders: 04-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Maximum Output: 149.5 ps @ 6,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 18.1 kg·m @ 4,700 rpm
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual/ 6-Speed H-matic automatic
- Top Speed: 220 km/h
- Acceleration: 11.6 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Rack-Pinion, Motor-Driven Power Steering (MDPS), Tilt and Telescopic adjustment
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
- Suspension (Front / Rear): McPherson Strut with Coil Spring/ Coupled Torsion Beam Axle
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Disc/ Disc
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4,530 mm x 1,775 mm x 1,470 mm
- Curb Weight: 1,267 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-seats
3.Hyundai Elantra Fuel Consumption
The Elantra is powered by either a 1.6 L or 1.8 L DOHC 16-valve with D-CVVT engine, which is capable of producing a power output of around 149.5 ps @ 6,500 rpm. It also has a maximum Torque of around 18.1 kg.m @ 4,700 rpm that has resulted in a top speed of 220 km/h.
Even though the car has considerable power under its hood, it does not compromise on fuel economy and has reported around 11.5 km/l for city driving and around 16 km/l for highway cruising. As a result, it can achieve roughly 13.5 km/l on a combined drive cycle that many Sri Lankan’s would find admirably light on their fuel costs.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 56 L
- CO2 Emissions: 163 g/km (As tested by LTA)
4. Design and Features of Hyundai Elantra
Interior: The interior of the Hyundai Elantra is comparable with any other high-end vehicle, and includes features such as,
Power Driver Seats, Touch Screen, Cup Holders, Metallic Door Scuffs, Glove Box, Aluminum Pedals, Power Window Adjustment Controls, Automatic Temperature Control (FATC), Steering Wheel Remote Controls, Rear-View Display, Center Console, USB/ AUX Connectivity, Engine Start/ Stop Button, Sunglass Holder, Knit Seats, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel/ Gear Knob, Chrome Inside Door Handles, Door Scuff Plate (DLX), Cluster Ionizer, Radio.
Exterior: the exterior of the Elantra is a demonstration of Hyundai’s material design and comes with features such as,
10-spoke Alloy wheels, Silica Tyres, LED side mirror repeaters, Electrically Heated outside mirrors, Fog lamps, Solar Glass, Projector Headlamps, LED Guide Light, Outside Rearview Mirror, Turn Indicators, Chrome Radiator Grille, Beltline Chrome Molding, Chrome Outside Door Handles, Chrome Tip Exhaust (Single), Front Fog Lamps, Printed Glass Antenna.
5. Available Color Options of Hyundai Elantra in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Beige Premium Cloth, Gray Premium Cloth
For Exterior: Black Diamond, Desert Bronze, Geranium Red, Lakeside Blue, Phantom Black, Quartz White Pearl, Shale Gray Metallic, Shimmering Air Silver, Symphony Silver, Titanium Gray Metallic, Venetian Red, Windy Sea Blue
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Hyundai Elantra
The Hyundai Elantra is probably one of the safest vehicles for its class and is comprised of a number of safety and security related features that most Sri Lankan family car buyers would find highly useful while driving on the country's roads.
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- 06-Airbag Configuration
- Ultra-High Tensile Strength Steel Body
- Automatic Headlight Control
- Impact Sensing Auto Door Unlock
- Safety Power Windows
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Safety Escort Lamps
- Smart Key
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Clutch Lock
- Rear Defogger with Timer
- Electro Chromic Mirror (ECM)
- Height Adjustable Seatbelts/ Seatbelt Pretensioner
- Ignition Key Reminder
- Headlight Control
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Energy-Absorbing Steering Column
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children
- Power Window Lockout Button
- Crumple Zones
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
7. What are the Standout Elements of Hyundai Elantra
Without a doubt, one of the most admired and standout elements of the Hyundai Elantra is the amount of facilities it provides for both its driver as well as other four passengers. This would specially make the vehicle attractive for the country's rising upper middle class.
Apart from that, a key aspect that makes this vehicle standout from the rest of its class is the amount of safety features it provides for its occupants, which is certainly admirable when driving on the country's busy and unpredictable roads.
8. Hyundai Elantra Compared To Other High-Featured Sedan In Sri Lanka
The Hyundai Elantra is certainly a good challenger for the other mid-size sedans found in the country and can easily be compared with the Mazda 3, the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla, which are all very popular in the Sri Lankan market.
- Hyundai Elantra vs. Mazda 3 - The Elantra has a premium cloth upholstery compared to the Mazda 3
- Hyundai Elantra vs. Honda Civic - The Elantra is cheaper in price compared to the Civic
- Hyundai Elantra vs. Toyota Corolla - The Elantra has a more powerful engine compared to the Corolla
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Hyundai Elantra
If you are considering buying this well designed car, then it is best to also consider the following aspects, to have a better understanding of the decision you are about to take.
- Excellent fuel economy on Sri Lanka’s highways
- Outstanding amount of amenities for the passengers
- First-rated safety and security features
- A very spacious interior for an entire family
- Good aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
Some reviewers have stated that the engine of this vehicle is a bit noisy for their tastes. However, on a busy city like Colombo, this may not be a significant aspect as background noise is a common thing.
The center-mounted display might be a bit too small for some drivers who could have larger fingers. However, it is still quite manageable and offers a lot of facilities, right at your fingertips.
10. Where to Find a Hyundai Elantra for Sale in Sri Lanka?
For a car buyer who wants to buy a brand new Hyundai Elantra can contact the official distributors for Hyundai vehicles in Sri Lanka, the Hyundai Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, which is located in Pannipitiya Road, Battaramulla. However, for those who want to buy a used or reconditioned vehicle can also look through the dozens of third party vehicle dealers, who are based in prominent cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Hyundai Elantra for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Hyundai Elantra Price in Sri Lanka
The Elantra is a priced vehicle within the Sri Lankan used or reconditioned car market, and can cost a perspective buyer anything in-between Rs. 900,000 to Rs. 3,400,000 as of (2015), subject to the overall condition of the vehicle as well as its built year.
Hyundai Elantra Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Hyundai Elantra
- Hyundai Elantra 1994: Rs. 900,000
- Hyundai Elantra 1996: Rs 750,000
- Hyundai Elantra 1999: Rs. 1,150,000
- Hyundai Elantra GLS 2000: Rs. 1,300,000
- Hyundai Elantra 2001: Rs. 1,300,000
- Hyundai Elantra 2003: Rs. 1,400,000
- Hyundai Elantra 2007: Rs. 1,425,000
- Hyundai Elantra 2012: Rs. 3,400,000