Hyundai Sonata for Sale in Sri Lanka
Hyundai Sonata Review
The Hyundai Sonata is a mid-size 4-door family sedan, which was first released to help Hyundai to gain a foothold in highly competitive vehicle markets. The car quickly took off among buyers who wanted a feature rich vehicle, yet did not wanted to brake their bank account in the process.
The Sonata has become famous in Sri Lanka for its sleek and stylish design that also offers a powerful engine, to transport its driver as well as passenger’s safely, comfortably and quickly to their intended destination. Not only this, but as a result of its attractive and proud looking form factor, has also prompted it to be used as an executive car especially among the countries small to medium scale business owners.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Hyundai Sonata
1. History and Facts about Hyundai Sonata in Sri Lanka
First introduced to the world in 1985, the Sonata from Hyundai has been one of the most successful sedans ever, to come out of the Korean manufacturer. The car gained considerable popularity when its second generation was released in North America and prompted the company to expand this models global reach, by releasing it in other countries.
In Sri Lanka, the Sonata has become to be admired for its excellent level of all-round performance that does not compromise safety and fuel economy in the process. Since the early 90’s the car has seen considerable growth within the Sri Lankan market, which consider it as a luxury vehicle for the whole family. Currently at its seventh generation, the Hyundai Sonata also has a Hybrid version available that is certainly guaranteed to turn the heads, especially among Sri Lanka’s demanding fuel conscious car owners.
2. Hynndai Sonata Specifications and Performance
The Hyundai Sonata is a high performing family sedan. Because of this, it comes with an array of eye catching performance features, which could even make the most demanding performance lovers in Sri Lanka, a bit jealous for not owning one.
- Type: DOHC 16-valve with D-CVVT
- Size: 2.4 L
- Cylinders: 04-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
- Maximum Output: 178 ps @ 6,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 23.3 kg·m / 4,000 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed Shiftable Automatic
- Top Speed: 205 km/h
- Acceleration: 9.9 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Rack-Pinion, Tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): MacPherson Strut with coil springs/ Independent multi-link
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Disc/ Disc
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4,855 mm x 1,865 mm x 1,475 mm
- Curb Weight: 1,480 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-seats
3. Hyundai Sonata Fuel Economy
The Sonata is powered by an above average 2.4 L, DOHC 16-valve with D-CVVT engine, which uses a 6-speed Shiftable Automatic transmission to move its drivetrain. This has resulted in an engine that produces an admirable level of performance, yet still achieving a good level of fuel economy within Sri Lanka’s roads.
According to official company data, the Hyundai Sonata is capable of attaining a fuel efficiency of around 10.5 km/l for city commutes and around 15.5 km/l, when driving long distances on a highway. As a result, the car has reported an overall fuel economy of around 12 km/l, for typical day-to-day use.
- Fuel Category: Petrol/ Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 70 L
- CO2 Emissions: 196 g/km
4. Design and Features of Hyundai Sonata
Interior: The interior of the Hyundai Sonata includes Front & Rear Seat Warmer, Door Scuffs, Rear Air Ventilation, Drive Mode Control System, Premium Sound System, Radio, CD / MP3 Player, Bluetooth Connectivity, Engine Start / Stop Button, Seat Ventilation System, AUX/ USB Connectivity, Power Door Locks, Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback, Vanity Mirrors as well as a 7-Inch Color Touchscreen.
Exterior: The exterior of the Sonata is unique to Hyundai and has features such as 16-Inch Alloy Wheels, Chrome-Coated Outside Door Handles, Outside Mirror Repeaters, Puddle Lamps, Rain Sensor And Aero Blade Wipers, Turn-Signal Indicators, Center High-Mount Stop Light, Rear Lip Spoiler, Solar Control Glass, Intermittent Windshield Wipers/ Washer, Shark-Fin Antenna, Automatic Headlights and LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL).
5. Available Color Options of Hyundai Sonata in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Beige, Brown, Gray, and Black
For Exterior: Phantom Black, Venetian Red, Shale Gray Metallic, Symphony Silver, Quartz White Pearl, Lakeside Blue, Dark Truffle, Nouveau Blue
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Sonata?
Without a doubt, the Hyundai Sonata can be recognized as one of the safest and most secure vehicles for its class sold in Sri Lanka.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Static Bending Lights (SBL)
- Energy-Absorbing Steering Column
- Lower Anchors And Tethers For Children
- Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Front/ Rear Curtain/ Driver/ Passenger Airbags
- Parking Assist System (PAS)
- Power Window Lock-Out Button
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Electric Parking Brake (EPB),
- Electronic Chromic Mirror (ECM)
- Smart Key
- Auto Defogging System
- Automatic High Beam Assist
- Rearview Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
7. What are the Standout Elements of Hyundai Sonata?
If the question is asked, “what makes this car so special?” Then without a doubt, the most prominent would be the high level of luxury amenities it offers, for its driver as well as the other four passengers. With features available in a Mercedes-Benz or a BMW offered to the middle class citizens, without the extremely high price margin, many Sri Lankan’s would find this car to have just the right balance.
Another highly important factor that helps this car to standout is its advanced safety and security features, which is obviously a critical factor when you are buying a car for your entire family.
8. Hyundai Sonata Compared To Other Sedans In Sri Lanka
As a well-built vehicle for the countries middle class, the Hyundai Sonata can be compared with the Toyota Camry, the Honda Accord and the Toyota Corolla, which are widely available within the Sri Lankan car market.
- Hyundai Sonata vs. Toyota Camry - The Sonata has more safety features compared to the Camry
- Hyundai Sonata vs. Honda Accord - The Sonata has a better fuel economy compared to the Accord
- Hyundai Sonata vs. Toyota Corolla - The Sonata has a more powerful engine compared to the Corolla
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Hyundai Sonata
If you have considered buying a Hyundai Sonata as your next family car, then remember to consider some of the aspects stated below, to arrive at a more informed decision.
- Excellent level of luxury facilities for the passengers
- Outstanding level of safety and security related features
- Highly admirable fuel economy in Sri Lanka’s highways
- Having an authorized distributor for the brand in the country
- Good aftermarket value even for older models
When buying a brand new Hyundai Sonata, one of the biggest disadvantages could be its elevated price margin, compared to most sedans seen in Sri Lanka. However, the car does provide superb value for money, with an advanced range of facilities for every rupee you pay.
Some reviewers have stated that the cars acceleration is not up to their performance expectations. However, the Sonata has gained a lot in the fuel economy department, which most Sri Lankan car owners would find highly favorable for the countries rocky roads.
10. Where to Find a Hyundai Sonata for Sale in Sri Lanka?
As of present, the official distributors for Hyundai branded vehicles sold in Sri Lanka is Hyundai Lanka (Pvt) Ltd., which is a fully owned subsidiary of Prestige Automobiles (who are the authorized dealers for BMW vehicles in Sri Lanka). However, for a perspective buyer, who wants to buy a Hyundai Sonata, can also look through third party vehicle dealers based in prominent cities around the country.
Discover the Selection of Hyundai Sonata for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Hyundai Sonata Price in Sri Lanka
The Sonata’s high feature rich status means that it typically does not come cheap in its brand new grade. However, you can still buy a reconditioned or used Hyundai Sonata for a price of around Rs. 875,000 to Rs. 5,000,000 as of (2015), subject to the condition of the car as well as its built year.
Hyundai Sonata Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Hyundai Sonata
- Hyundai Sonata 2001: Rs. 875,000
- Hyundai Sonata XG 2001: Rs. 1,050,000
- Hyundai Sonata XG 30 2002: Rs. 1,075,000
- Hyundai Sonata GLS 2003: Rs. 1,200,000
- Hyundai ef sonata 2004: Rs. 1,275,000
- Hyundai SONATA Hmatic 2005: Rs. 1,500,000
- Hyundai Sonata 2011: Rs. 1,600,000
- Hyundai Sonata 2013: Rs. 5,000,000