New and Used Land Rover for Sale in Sri Lanka
Land Rover Vehicles in Sri Lanka
The highly renowned British luxury SUV maker, which many Sri Lankans have come to love as Land Rover has its roots go as far back as 1948, when the company was originally known as the Rover Company. The name Land Rover was initially given to a one specific vehicle model made by Rover at its beginning. Nevertheless, the popularity of this model and its subsequent product line grew to such a point where when the company was reformed in 1978, the Land Rover name was adopted. Currently owned by the Indian vehicle manufacturer Tata Motors, the company is headquartered in Whitley, Coventry, within the United Kingdom. The brand enjoys unparalleled recognition throughout the world, both as a car that will take its driver anywhere they want to go, and as a premium marque of vehicles. It is now considered as the king of off roaders, and the entire fleet of the vehicles from this English automaker, is available for buying on the Sri Lankan market.
Land Rovers do many things, but one thing all of them do really well is to go anywhere the driver's point. Most of these fully capable SUVs come with locking differentials all around; hill start and descent assist technologies, great water-wading capacity and really high ground clearance. Most cars are extremely reliable, offering the type of performance expected from a well-built off roader. Range Rover has also introduced new technologies with its vehicle range. Some of these innovations includes the Predictive Infotainment Screen, which predicts which button the driver will press, the Mind Sense feature, which monitors the concentration of the driver through sensors attached to the steering wheel, and a Mid-air Torch, as well as the Wellness Seat that analyses the driver’s respiration and heart rate.
Finding a Land Rover in Sri Lanka is an easy task, as is maintaining it. Parts and servicing are widely available both through the agents and through independent dealers, and Land Rover is one of the few marques that enjoy a selection of specialized garages across the country that deal exclusively with this brand. Defenders also frequently come up for sale at Army auctions and tenders from various organizations, but most models can be found quite easily. SML Frontier Automotive, the official dealer, also offers a few pre-owned models for sale, along with the entire fleet of brand new cars.
What Are the Best Selling Land Rover Models in Sri Lanka?
These are the most popular Land Rover vehicles (Sedans, Subcompacts, Hatchbacks, Crossovers, SUV’s, MPV’s and Vans etc.), for sale in Sri Lanka.
The highly utilitarian yet go-anywhere model from Land Rover, the Defender, is the most popular offering from Land Rover in Sri Lanka. The country’s Military and Law enforcement agencies remains the biggest users, and everything from the first-generation of the model to the latest long-wheelbase Puma are available for buying in Sri Lanka. A 2.0 L engine powers the Defender on tough terrains giving it a power output of around 91 kW @ 3500 rpm and a torque of around 360 Nm @ 2000 rpm. This allows the SUV to achieve a top speed of 145 km/h with an acceleration of 15.8 seconds (0-100 km/h). Being a fully Four Wheel Drive vehicle, the combined fuel economy of the Defender is tested to be roughly 9.5 km/l that may not sound much for the average user, but is still a favorable level for its unique class.
If you would also like to learn more about the Land Rover Defender, then consider reading our review at Carmudi.lk.
Land Rover Defender Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Land Rover Defender?
- Land Rover Defender 2015: 9.9 km/l
- Land Rover Defender 2014: 9.8 km/l
- Land Rover Defender 2013: 9.1 km/l
- Land Rover Defender 2012: 8.8 km/l
What are Land Rover Defender Features?
- Two Front Cup Holders
- Manual Dipping Interior Mirror
- Driver and Passenger Sun Visor
- Passenger Map Pocket
What are the Engine Specifications of Land Rover Defender?
- Engine Type: 4-cylinder in-line
- Base Engine Size: 2.2 L
- Maximum Output: 91 kW @ 3,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 360 Nm @ 2,000 rpm
Price of the Land Rover Defender in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Land Rover Defender 2015: Rs. 17,000,000
- Land Rover Defender 2014: Rs. 15,000,000
- Land Rover Defender 2013 Rs. 13,500,000
- Land Rover Defender 2012 Rs. 11,530,000
The Range Rover, referred by some reviewers as a Mercedes S-Class on stilts, is the flagship of the Land Rover range. The super-luxury SUV brings together the best in comfort, with true go-anywhere 4x4 off-road performance for its lucky owners. The vehicle offers an unparalleled range of comfort and convenience facilities to its passengers making this one of the most top rated luxury SUV models in the world. Powered by either a 3.0 L or a 5.0 L longitudinal V6/ V8 locomotive, the engine generates considerable power, with even the 3.0 L version generating 190 kW @ 4,000 rpm and a maximum torque of 600 Nm @ 2,000 rpm. However, the Range Rover also offers admirable fuel economy, with around 10 km/l on a combined cycle.
If you would like to know more about the Land Rover Range Rover, then read our review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Land Rover Range Rover Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Land Rover Range Rover?
- Land Rover Range Rover 2016: 9.7 km/l
- Land Rover Range Rover 2015: 9.3 km/l
- Land Rover Range Rover 2014: 9.9 km/l
- Land Rover Range Rover 2013: 7.5 km/l
What are Land Rover Range Rover Features?
- Dynamic Route Guidance (TMC)
- Multi-Function Steering Wheel
- Keyless Engine Start
- Knockdown Rear Seats
What are the Engine Specifications of Land Rover Range Rover?
- Engine Type: V6 TDV6 DIEsEL
- Base Engine Size: 3.0 L
- Maximum Output: 190 kW @ @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 600 Nm @ 2,000 rpm
Price of the Land Rover Range Rover in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography 2016: Rs. 45,500,000
- Land Rover Range Rover 2015: Rs. 35,100,000
- Land Rover Range Rover 2014: Rs. 20,100,000
- Land Rover Range Rover 2013: Rs. 16,400,000
Some call the Land Rover Discovery a universal daddy’s car. It has found itself a spot in the luxury segment in Sri Lanka, with all auxiliary models being available in the country. A few limited edition G4 Challenge versions, in their bright orange paint, are also available in the market, but are snatched up as soon as they come up for sale. A 3.0 L engine powers the entry model of the Discovery and it has reported a high power output, which is around 155 kW @ 4,000 rpm and a maximum torque of 520 Nm @ 2,000 rpm, giving it the capability to discover new terrains with relative ease. The fuel efficiency of the Land Rover Discovery is around 8.5 km/l on a combined cycle, which may not sound much, but is still fully capable of achieving its intended tasks.
To learn more about the Land Rover Discovery, you can check out our review at Carmudi.lk.
Land Rover Discovery Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Land Rover Discovery?
- Land Rover Discovery 2016: 8.8 km/l
- Land Rover Discovery 2015: 8.6 km/l
- Land Rover Discovery 2014: 8.4 km/l
- Land Rover Discovery 2013: 8.3 km/l
What are Land Rover Discovery Features?
- Trip Computer with Message Centre
- Keyless Engine Start
- Navigation System
- Bluetooth Interface
What are the Engine Specifications of Land Rover Discovery?
- Engine Type: V6 Turbocharged
- Base Engine Size: 3.0 L
- Maximum Output: 155 kW @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 520 Nm @ 2,000 rpm
Price of the Land Rover Discovery in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Land Rover Discovery 2016: Rs. 24,000,000
- Land Rover Discovery 2015: Rs. 22,500,000
- Land Rover Discovery 2014: Rs. 19,760,000
- Land Rover Discovery 2013: Rs. 18,800,000
The Range Rover Evoque from Land Rover is undoubtedly a unique among its class. Introduced in 2011, the most striking aspect of this SUV is its near futuristic aerodynamic design. Powered by a 2.0 L, TD4 Diesel E-Capability engine, the Evoque generates a high level of power for its moderate engine size. Using a 6-Speed Manual or 9-Speed Automatic transmission, the Evoque has a maximum power of 110 kW @ 4,000 rpm and a torque (max) of 380 Nm @ 1750 rpm, helping it to achieve an acceleration of around 10.8 seconds (0-100 km/h). According to Land Rover’s specifications, the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque can attain a combined fuel economy of around 12 km/l. These figures might change under tough conditions in Sri Lanka, though is still a very admirable level, when compared with most of its competitors.
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Land Rover Range Rover Evoque?
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2016: 12.5 km/l
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2015: 9.7 km/l
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2014: 11.1 km/l
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2013: 11.7 km/l
What are Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Features?
- Auto Start-Stop Engine
- Passenger's Memory Seat
- Multi-Zone Air-Conditioning
- Smart Key
What are the Engine Specifications of Land Rover Range Rover Evoque?
- Engine Type: TD4 Diesel E-Capability
- Base Engine Size: 2.0 L
- Maximum Output: 110 kW @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 380 Nm @ 1750 rpm
Price of the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2016: 18,800,000
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2015: 15,500,000
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2014: 14,600,000
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2013: Rs. 12,500,000
Other notable Land Rover models found in Sri Lanka includes the Land Rover Discovery 4, Land Rover Discovery Sport, Land Rover Discovery 2, Land Rover Freelander 2, and the Land Rover Freelander.
Land Rover Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
In recent years, Land Rover has been investing a lot in fuel saving technologies to improve the overall fuel economy of its vehicle fleet. These included the Integrated Electric Rear Axle Drive (ERAD) technology, which was dubbed as the e-terrain technology, as well as the more popular Hybrid drive technology, which is now being used to power a number of its prominent Land Rover models. Some of its current hybrid vehicles include the company’s flagship models such as the Range Rover Hybrid and the Range Rover Sport Hybrid that have gained considerable popularity since their release.
- Range Rover Hybrid: combined fuel economy 15.5 km/l
- Range Rover Sport Hybrid: combined fuel economy 15.5 km/l
Availability of Land Rover Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
The authorized distributor for all genuine Land Rover vehicles sold in Sri Lanka is the SML Frontier Automotive (Private) Limited, which is a joint venture between the Sathosa Motors PLC and Frontier Automotive (Pvt) Ltd of Sri Lanka. However, a number of third party distributors also import Land Rover vehicles to the island, who can be found in prominent cities across Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Land Rover Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Land Rover Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Land Rover in Sri Lanka
- Includes some of the most advanced convenience features found in any luxury level vehicle that are considered by many vehicle reviewers as class leading technologies
- Highly spacious interior cabin for any of its models, which allows adult passengers to comfortably relax on long distance rides
- Very powerful engine for a mass-produced street vehicle that allows full off-road capabilities on any type of terrain in Sri Lanka
- Having a well-equipped authorized distributor who will provide an excellent aftersales service to its customers
- Very high price margins for aftermarket vehicles, which gives the owners an opportunity to recover most of the costs that were spent on their vehicle
Did You Know?
The Land Rover Company was once owned by BMW (from 1994 to 2007), before it was sold to the Ford Motor Company in United States. Ford eventually sold it to the Tata Motors of India, who are now the sole owners of the entire Jaguar Land Rover Automotive group.