Range Rover for Sale in Sri Lanka
Land Rover Range Rover Review
The Range Rover was introduced to Sri Lanka as a luxury SUV by Land Rover. Since its launch in 1970, the Range Rover has gone through four generations and has been expanded to include the Range Rover Evoque and Range Rover Sport to its lineup. The most commonly seen models in Sri Lanka belongs to the third and fourth generation. The Land Rover Range Rover is primarily popular in Sri Lanka due to its ride comfort and superior off road capabilities.
On the features front all Land Rover Range Rover models in Sri Lanka comes with full options, which includes Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Shutters, Power Mirrors, Central locking and SRS Airbags. The more recent models come with Heated Front and Rear Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated windshield, Autonomous Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Warning with traffic sign recognition.
The New Land Rover Range Rover 2016 is Finally Here
Land Rover Range Rover 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Land Rover Range Rover 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Land Rover Range Rover 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a number of new drivetrain upgrades.
- New Fuel-Efficient Diesel Engine
- New SV Autobiography Model
- Improved Engine Power for the Standard V6 Engine
- Upgraded Air Suspension System
What are the New Land Rover Range Rover 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Land Rover Range Rover 2016 stands out from its competition by offering a range of advanced convenience features.
- Optional Supercharged V8 Engine
- Advanced All-Terrain Progress Control Option
- Hands-Free Tailgate System
- Standard Smartphone-App Integration
What are the Land Rover Range Rover 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Land Rover Range Rover 2016 has a few notable design updates to both its interior and exterior.
- New Interior and Exterior Colour Options
- Updated Infotainment Interface
- Optional 22-Inch Wheels
- Redesigned "Floating" Roof Layout
What is the Land Rover Range Rover 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The Land Rover Range Rover 2016 price in Sri Lanka is subject to the optional trim and the local importer.
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016: Rs. 55,500,000
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Land Rover Range Rover
1. History and Facts about Range Rover in Sri Lanka
The Land Rover Range Rover is in a league of its own, providing a comfortable ride on the road and performs remarkably well off the road. It might not be the most frugal ride in the market, but the engine delivers above average performance, which helps you conquer any terrain. The Land Rover Range rover is certainly a worthy buy in Sri Lanka.
The third generation of the Land Rover Range Rover in Sri Lanka takes a more boxy design cue, which gives it a bold presence on the road. The exterior design of the fourth generation Range Rover model takes on a more futuristic approach that gives it a sporty and refined look whilst maintaining its dominance on the country’s rocky roads.
2. Land Rover Range Rover Specifications and Performance
The Range Rover is the flagship SUV model from Land Rover and is by far one of the most powerful luxury passenger vehicles seen in Sri Lanka.
Range Rover Engine Specs
- Type: V6 TDV6 DIEsEL
- Size: 3.0 L
- Cylinders: 6-Cylinders
- Compression Ratio: 16.1
- Maximum Output: 190 kW @ @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 600 Nm @ 2,000 rpm
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic
- Top Speed: 210 km/h
- Acceleration: 7.9 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Drive Type: All Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Air sprung independent double wishbone/ Air sprung independent multi-link
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated disc/ Ventilated disc
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4999 mm x 2220 mm x 1867 mm
- Curb Weight: 2,160 kg
- Seating Capacity: 7-seats
3. Land Rover Range Rover Fuel Consumption
The third generation Land Rover Range Rover in Sri Lanka is commonly found with either a 3.0 L BMW M57 TD I6 or a 3.6 L Ford Lion V8 TD V8 engine, paired with an 8/ 6 or 5-speed automatic. The fourth generation Land Rover Range Rover comes with a 3.0 L V6 Diesel, which is coupled with an 8-Speed Automatic.
Fuel economy rates of a third generation Range Rover ranging from 6-7 km/l has been observed for a combined driving cycle in the island. The fourth generation model however, has recorded between 7-8 km/l on a combined cycle in Sri Lanka.
Fuel Category: Diesel
Recommended Fuel Type: Standard Euro V
Fuel Tank Capacity: 89 L
CO2 Emissions: 196 g/km (As tested by LTA)
4. The Design and Features of the Range Rover
To put it simply, any other vehicle currently offered in the local market, does not match the level of overall design of the Range Rover. It is both elegant and strongly built for both city commutes as well as off-roading, making it a unique vehicle for the luxury family buyers of Sri Lanka. The exterior is smooth as well as aerodynamic while keeping its executive type looks, and the interior is built to match the tastes of royalty. Some of those facilities that are available to you, if you choose to buy a Range Rover can be seen below.
Land Rover Range Rover Interior: Air-Conditioning: Front/ Rear, AM/ FM Stereo, CD Audio System, Cup Holders, DVD Player, Heated Seats, Power Seats, Sunroof (Panoramic), TV, Third Row Seats, Single Blade Sunvisor, Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror, Navigation System, Bluetooth, Touch-Screen, USB Sockets, Auxiliary Power Sockets, Dynamic Route Guidance (TMC). Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Keyless Engine Start, Knockdown Rear Seats, Leather Seats.
Land Rover Range Rover Exterior: Alloy Wheels, HID Lights, Spoiler, Tinted Glass, Laminated Windscreen, Heated Windscreen, Rain Sensing Windscreen Wipers/ Rear Wash Wiper, Front And Rear Park Distance Sensors, Follow Me Home Lighting, LED Rear Lamps, Heated Off Screen Wiper Park Position, Electronic Air Suspension.
5. Available Color Options of Range Rover in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Pearl White, Brown, and Black
For Exterior: Siberian Silver (Metallic), Indus Silver (Metallic), Luxor (Premium Metallic), Orkney Grey (Metallic), Nara Bronze (Metallic), Causeway Grey (Premium Metallic), Firenze Red (Metallic), Fuji White (Solid)
6. Safety Rating and Associated Features of the Range Rover
The level of safety seen within the Range Rover is nothing short of superb with a number of advanced features to keep both you and your family safe and secure while commuting on the road.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Program
- Reactive Grounding Response
- Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Trailer Stability Assist
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Traction Control (ETC)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Single Point Entry
- Driver and Passenger Airbags
- Active Speed Limiter (ASL)
- Power Operated Child Locks
- Hazard Lights under Heavy Braking
- Volumetric Alarm
7. Standout Elements of the Range Rover
What makes the Land Rover Range Rover, truly standout in Sri Lanka is mostly its pedigree, which many have connected with.
Apart from that, the extensive list of standard features, safety equipment, handling, ride comfort and off-road capabilities makes it a capable all-rounder, making it a standout in the SUV market of Sri Lanka.
8. Land Rover Range Rover Compared to Other High-Featured SUV’s in Sri Lanka
Since it is one of the most advanced vehicles seen in Sri Lanka, the Range Rover can be compared with other SUV models such as the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, the Mitsubishi Outlander as well as the Kia Sorento.
Land Rover Range Rover vs. Toyota Land Cruiser Prado - The Range Rover comes with a more powerful engine compared to the Prado
Land Rover Range Rover vs. Mitsubishi Outlander - The Range Rover has a higher top speed when compared to the Outlander
Land Rover Range Rover vs. Kia Sorento - The Range Rover has a better fuel economy if compared to the Sorento
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Range Rover
If you are also thinking about buying this luxurious SUV, then do not forget to consider the following aspects of this vehicle as well, which will help you to arrive at a more informed decision.
- Outstanding comfort and convenience features
- Admirable fuel economy for its heavy luxury class
- Class leading safety features
- Very high aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
- Strong robust build quality
When it comes to the disadvantages of the Range Rover, by far the most significant is its very high price category seen in Sri Lanka. Even though this might seem as a barrier at the beginning, the Range Rover does provide a wide array of features to justify its high pricing category.
Apart from this, it should also be noted that maintaining the Land Rover Range Rover also has a high maintenance cost that can add up in the long term. However, since this vehicle is targeted to the upper class wealthy consumers it may not matter much for its buyers.
10. Where to Find a Range Rover for Sale in Sri Lanka?
For a luxury car buyer who is looking for this SUV, by far the best option available is to buy it from the authorized distributor for the brand, the SML Frontier Automotive (Private) Limited. However, the Range Rover is also available through dozens of third party distributors in Sri Lanka, who are located in major cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Land Rover Range Rover for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
New Reconditioned and Used Range Rover in Colombo
New Reconditioned and Used Range Rover in Gampaha
Land Rover Range Rover Price in Sri Lanka
If you intend to buy a Land Rover Range Rover in Sri Lanka, you will come across many used and unregistered options in Colombo and the suburbs. A third generation Land Rover Range Rover in Sri Lanka will fetch between 10-15 Million Rupees based on the year of manufacturing and its condition. A fourth generation Range Rover in Sri Lanka can fetch 20 - 25 Million Rupees depending on its manufacture year, regardless of whether it is pre owned or in an unregistered condition.
Range Rover Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Brand New Range Rover (As Of 2015)
- Range Rover Sports 2015: Rs. 45,000,000
Price for Reconditioned or Used Range Rover (As Of 2015)
- Land Rover Range Rover Classic 1989: Rs. 2,000,000
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport SE 2008: Rs. 13,500,000
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2012: Rs. 16,500,000