New and Used Maruti Suzuki Alto for Sale in Sri Lanka
Introduced to the world in the year 2000, the Maruti Suzuki Alto might be one of the most popular Indian cars in Sri Lanka. It provides an economical and cost effective solution to the transportation needs of most small families, while retaining the rugged and lasting characteristics that an Indian made vehicle brings to the table.
The first generation Alto was essentially a softened out more comfortable version of India’s most popular small hatchback, the Maruti 800. The second-generation model however brought in significant cosmetic changes whilst the underpinnings essentially remained intact. The Alto evolved into a third generation car, which was then rebadged under the A- Star name. Most Alto cars comes with air conditioning and power steering and some have been increased in specifications by adding aftermarket accessories such as spoilers and roof rails. As an upgrade from the Marti 800 the Alto does not bring up market interior options nor a high end cabin to the table but provides an affordable motoring option for low budget buyers.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto in Sri Lanka is a 5-door small hatchback designed and manufactured by Indian automaker Maruti with its Japanese auto giant partner Suzuki Motors. The vehicle designed for India’s rough conditions suits perfectly for the Sri Lankan market and the Alto found popularity with Sri Lankan buyers as a first purchase or as a secondary car. Both generations of the Alto were based on Suzuki Swift design, particularly the models onwards the 7th generation. Some Japanese built Suzuki Swift models are also available in Sri Lanka but tend to be extremely rare private imports. A 2005 Japanese built Alto can be available with air bags, ABS, automatic transmission and other features such as power shutters and remote unlocking. The competition to this vehicle comes from the likes of Maruti’s own 800 and A-Star, as well as the Perodua Viva Elite, Tata Nano and even the Kia Picanto.
The New Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
- The Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a refined fuel economy and new aesthetics.
- The Refined Swaying Roof Layout
- Improved Fuel Economy by 7 km/l
- Larger Backdoor Layout
- Upgraded Petal Headlamps
What are New Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 Standout Features?
- The all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 stands out from the rest of the crowd with its passenger-focused features.
- Improved Jewel-Finish Rear Combination Lamps for Added Safety
- Ergonomic Head and Shoulder Room in the Front
- Intelligent Packaged Slim Door Form Factor
- Overall Fuel Efficiency That Exceeds 22 km/l
What are Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 Design Updates?
- The brand new Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 offers a number of design upgrades to its exterior layout.
- Revolutionary Wavefront Design
- New Glossy Colour Options
- Bigger and More Prominent Wheel Arch
- The Newer Sloping Window Lines
What is the Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
- The new Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 price in Sri Lanka is subject to the local dealer and its optional trim.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016 2016: Rs. 1,840,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 VXI Airbag 2016: Rs. 1,900,000
Maruti Suzuki Alto Review in Sri Lanka
Maruti Suzuki Alto Engine Specifications and Performance
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is a well-built vehicle that comes with admirable performance features to power its drivetrain on tight city roads. The first two generations of the Maruti Suzuki Alto runs on an 800 cc 3-cylinder petrol engine, which drives the front wheels through a 5-speed manual gearbox. No automatic option seems to be available in either car. The latest generation of the Alto still has the 800 cc base engine, but also comes with an automatic transmission option to provide a more convenient experience to its driver. The base engine of the Maruti Suzuki Alto can produce a maximum power of up to 35 kW and a maximum torque of nearly 70 Nm, under the rough conditions seen here in Sri Lanka. This however, gives the car a reasonable 160 km/h top speed and a similarly modest acceleration of around 5.3 seconds (from 0 to 60 km/l), making it a fair performer on Sri Lanka’s city roads.
- Size: 800 cc
- Cylinders: 3-Cylinder
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual/ Automatic
- Maximum Output: 35 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 69 Nm @ 3500 rpm
- Top Speed: 160 km/h
Maruti Suzuki Alto Fuel Efficiency
The Alto is well known for being a very fuel-efficient vehicle under Sri Lankan conditions, returning an excellent economy during combined driving, and has enough pulling power in the engine to bring the car up to a reasonable speed. Powered by petrol, the Maruti Suzuki Alto has a smaller 35 L fuel tank, which is enough to tackle the relatively short driving distances seen in Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 35 L
- CO2 Emissions: 171.4 g/km
New Maruti Suzuki Alto Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2016: 19.4 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2015: 18.8 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2014: 18.6 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2013: 16.5 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2012: 16.5 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2011: 16.5 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Maruti Suzuki Alto Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2010: 17.1 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2009: 15.0 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2008: 13.7 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2007: 12.7 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2006: 19.5 km/l
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2005: 19.2 km/l
Maruti Suzuki Alto Features
Maruti Suzuki Alto Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Maruti Suzuki Alto comes with a number of useful features to keep its passengers comfortable.
- Anti-Glare Mirrors
- Driver Seat Adjustment
- Front Passenger Seat Adjustment
- Cup Holders
- Power Windows
Maruti Suzuki Alto Safety Features
Even though being a budget car, the Maruti Suzuki Alto does not ignore the safety elements and offers a range of features for the security and safety of its passengers.
- Airbag Driver
- Engine Immobilizer
- Child Safety Lock
- Low Fuel Level Warning
- Head Light Leveling
- High Mounted Stop Lamps
The Design of Maruti Suzuki Alto
Maruti Suzuki Alto Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Maruti Suzuki Alto comes with modern convenience features that includes
- Interior Door Handles
- Door Pockets
- Boot-Lid Opener
- Cabin Lamps
- Instrument Cluster
- Cabin Lights
Maruti Suzuki Alto Exterior Design Elements
The exterior design of the Alto is a common sight on the roads of Sri Lanka and is comprised of elements such as
- Alloy Wheels
- Fog Lights
- Tinted Glass
- Adjustable ORVM
- Outside Rear View Mirrors
Maruti Suzuki Alto Color Options
The Maruti Suzuki Alto for being a budget car comes with a number of attractive interior as well as exterior colors.
- New Forst Blue
- New Blazing Red
- New Torque Blue
- New Granite Grey
- Silky Silver
- Superior White
Maruti Suzuki Alto, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Maruti Suzuki Alto, being one of the best budget vehicles in Sri Lanka, can be compared with the Micro Panda, the Tata Nano and the Perodua Viva Elite, which are also highly affordable car models sold in Sri Lanka.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto vs. Micro Panda - The Alto has better fuel economy compared to the Panda
- Maruti Suzuki Alto vs. Tata Nano - The Alto has better safety features compared to the Nano
- Maruti Suzuki Alto vs. Perodua Viva Elite - The Alto is cheaper in price if compared with the Viva Elite
Key Reasons to Buy a Maruti Suzuki Alto
If a prospective vehicle buyer is considering purchasing a Maruti Suzuki Alto, then remember to consider the following aspects of this vehicle, in order to have a better understanding of your future buying decision.
Maruti Suzuki Alto Advantages
- Outstanding value for money
- Excellent fuel economy, even for its budget class
- Good safety and convenience features
- Reliable build quality and reputation in the Sri Lankan market
Maruti Suzuki Alto Disadvantages
- The Alto does not offer some of the advanced features seen in many popular cars sold in the country
- The Maruti Suzuki Alto does not have a very powerful acceleration or top speed
Maruti Suzuki Alto Price List in Sri Lanka
Learn more about the latest Maruti Suzuki Alto price in Sri Lanka by checking out our pricelist as given below.
Maruti Suzuki Alto Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Maruti Suzuki Alto Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 VXI Airbag 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,900,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,830,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,725,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,700,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,680,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto Sport 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,615,000
Used Maruti Suzuki Alto Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,475,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto LXI 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,465,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,400,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,375,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto LXI 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,320,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,305,000
Where to Find Maruti Suzuki Alto Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
The official agent for the brand, the Associated Motorways, imports all brand new Maruti Suzuki Alto cars into Sri Lanka. However, for a buyer who would like to explore more options can similarly get in contact with third party vehicle suppliers who are located in major metropolitan areas throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Maruti Suzuki Alto Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Maruti Suzuki Alto Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year