New and Used Mazda for Sale in Sri Lanka
Mazda Vehicles in Sri Lanka
The popular Japanese automaker, which is officially known as the Mazda Motor Corporation, is in fact one of the largest and most renowned motor vehicle manufacturers in the world. Headquartered today in Fuchū, Aki District, Hiroshima Prefecture, in Japan, this company has a long history, which was established more than 95 years ago in 1920, to become the automaker that we see today. The range of cars manufactured by Mazda has grown to become household names, for its reliable high performing models that also provides good level of value for money for the buyers. Mazda has developed a number of engines including the V-Twin, Straight 4, V6 and Piston engines. The most remarkable however, is the Wankel rotary engine, which converts pressure into rotating motion. It produces high revolutions per minute while providing a high power output. This engine is at the heart of some of the world’s best sports cars.
Japan’s Mazda is a popular brand of cars that are sold across Sri Lanka, which are known for their reliability and design. Mazda’s sedans, hatchbacks and soft roaders are widely available across the island. Mazda is one of the few brands where a cult following exists for its older sports cars, the rotary engine Mazda RX-7. Mazda vehicles are popular in Sri Lanka for their dependability. Due to co-branding in the past, some Mazda cars and vans are available in the local market under the Ford marque as well. Like their other mainstream Japanese competitors Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi, the marque is extremely reliable and offers great value for money. Most Mazda cars in Sri Lanka are ones with smaller, mature engines. They offer great reliability and somewhat sporty performance at an entry-level price point. The Mazda RX7 and RX8, with their tiny yet incredibly powerful Wankel engine, has been the inspiration for the makes other sedan and hatchback cars. These fuel-efficient Mazda’s are popular in Sri Lanka for having a class-leading performance, under the tough road conditions seen across the country.
What Are the Best Selling Mazda Models in Sri Lanka?
These are the most popular Mazda vehicles (Sedans, Subcompacts, Hatchbacks, Crossovers, SUV’s, MPV’s and Vans etc.), for sale in Sri Lanka.
First introduced as far back as 1966, the Mazda Bongo, manufactured by the Mazda Motor Corporation, has been a popular van model in Sri Lanka. Built as a mid-engine rear-wheel drive vehicle, it became a competitor for mid-size transporter vans from other manufacturers sold in our country. Running in its successful fifth generation, the Mazda Bongo is available in both diesel and petrol engines, with a displacement ranging from 1.8 L to 2.0 L locomotives. Coupled with a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed EC automatic transmission, the Bongo was able to generate 75 kW of power and 162 Nm of torque, to carry up to eight full-grown adults on tough roads seen in Sri Lanka.
If you would like to learn more about the Mazda Bongo van, then remember to checkout our review of the Mazda Bongo at Carmudi.lk.
Mazda Bongo Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mazda Bongo?
- Mazda Bongo 2012: 10.2 km/l
- Mazda Bongo 2011: 9.5 km/l
- Mazda Bongo 2010: 8.2 km/l
- Mazda Bongo 2009: 9.1 km/l
What are Mazda Bongo Features?
- Rear Back Seat Fold
- Internal Plug Sockets
- Illuminate Dash
- Navigation System
What are the Engine Specifications of Mazda Bongo?
- Engine Type: Water-Cooled Four-Cylinder DOHC Gasoline
- Base Engine Size: 1.8 L
- Maximum Output: 75 kW @ 4500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 162 Nm @ 4000 rpm
Price of Mazda Bongo in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mazda Bongo 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,260,000
- Mazda Bongo 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,200,000
- Mazda Bongo Browny 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,150,000
- Mazda Bongo Lion Face 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,900,000
Without a doubt, if there is one vehicle that can be named as the ultimate achievement of Mazda and its engineering capabilities, then that model is definitely going to be the highly praised and infamous Mazda 3. Built as a subcompact sedan in 2003, it was the successor to the then popular Mazda Familia and the Mazda 323, which were also highly popular models in Sri Lanka. The small, sporty car offered great handling due to a sporty suspension setup, but with the same fuel efficiency seen in a class-leading family Sedan. Powered by a 1.5 L or a 2.0 L engine, the Mazda 3 used a 4-speed automatic or a 6-speed automatic transmission that was able to generate 77 kW to power its drivetrain.
If you would like to learn more about the Mazda 3 car, then checkout our full review of the Mazda 3 at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Mazda 3 Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mazda 3?
- Mazda 3 2016: 13.3 km/l
- Mazda 3 2015: 13.6 km/l
- Mazda 3 2014: 13.9 km/l
- Mazda 3 2013: 12.9 km/l
What are Mazda 3 Features?
- Six Speaker Audio Configuration
- 7-Inch Center Display
- Navigation System
- Bluetooth Hands-Free System
What are the Engine Specifications of Mazda 3?
- Engine Type: In-line, 4-cylinder DOHC, 16-valve
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 77 kW @ 6,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 144 Nm @ 3,500 rpm
Price of Mazda 3 in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mazda 3 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,275,000
- Mazda 3 Hybrid 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,900,000
- Mazda 3 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,300,000
- Mazda 3 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,550,000
The compact sedan, which was popularly known as the Mazda Familia, is a family car that was manufactured by the Mazda Motor Corporation since 1963, until the model was finally discontinued in 2003, ending the models 40-year legacy. It was succeeded by the highly acclaimed Mazda 3, which has now become the most sort after vehicle model ever to come out of Mazda. Known also as the Mazda 323, the Mazda Familia came in a variety of engine displacements, with its final generation (the eighth generation) offering anything in-between 1.3 L to 2.0 L, petrol or diesel engines. These were coupled with either a 4-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual transmission, which helped it to achieve a reasonably good fuel economy under Sri Lankan roads.
To learn even more about the Mazda Familia or other relating models, remember to read our in-depth review of the Mazda Familia at Carmudi.lk.
Mazda Familia Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mazda Familia?
- Mazda Familia 2003: 14.5 km/l
- Mazda Familia 2002: 13.2 km/l
- Mazda Familia 2001: 14.1 km/l
- Mazda Familia 2000: 12.7 km/l
What are Mazda Familia Features?
- Power Windows
- Steering Wheel Tilt
- Falling Down Type Rear Seat
- Car Navigation System
What are the Engine Specifications of Mazda Familia?
- Engine Type: Line Engine 4-Moteur DOHC
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 100.7 kW @ 7000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 157 Nm @ 4500 rpm
Price of Mazda Familia in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mazda Familia 2003 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,775,000
- Mazda Familia BJ5P 2002 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,175,000
- Mazda Familia BJ3P 2001 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,125,000
- Mazda Familia 2000 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,975,000
4) Mazda Axela in Sri Lanka
The Mazda Axela, which is closely related to the highly popular Mazda 3, is a four door compact sedan built and marketed by the Mazda Motor Corporation. Introduced more than 12 years ago in 2003, the Axela has come to represent the innovative engineering capabilities of Mazda, similar to its Mazda 3 sibling in the Sri Lankan market. The car is currently available in its successful third generation, and uses Mazda’s own SkyActiv technology to improve its overall fuel economy. The latest model is powered using a 2.0 L, SkyActiv-G I4 engine, which also utilizes a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission to power its drivetrain. Because of this, the Mazda Axela was able to produce 115 kW of power and 203 Nm of torque, giving it a top speed of more than 208 km/h in the process.
To learn more about the Mazda Axela, please read our in-depth review of the Mazda Axela, at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Mazda Axela Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mazda Axela?
- Mazda Axela 2016: 13.4 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2015: 13.7 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2014: 14.0 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2013: 13.0 km/l
What are Mazda Axela Features?
- Glove Compartment
- Console Armrest
- Dual Map Lights
- Remote Keyless Entry
What are the Engine Specifications of Mazda Axela?
- Engine Type: in-line 16-valve SkyActiv-G DOHC with VVT
- Base Engine Size: 2.0 L
- Maximum Output: 115 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 203 Nm @ 4000 rpm
Price of Mazda Axela in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mazda Axela 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,775,000
- Mazda Axela 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,950,000
- Mazda Axela Hybrid 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,900,000
- Mazda Axela 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,200,000
Other notable Mazda models found in Sri Lanka includes the Mazda AZ-Wagon, the Mazda Browny, Mazda Flair, Mazda 323, the Mazda RX-7, Mazda RX-8, Mazda Scrum Carry, Mazda Titan, Mazda Demio, Mazda Astina, Mazda 6 and the Mazda Laputa.
Mazda Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
The SkyActiv is the name of the proprietary technology that has being developed and used by Mazda for its range of high featured vehicles. This unique and innovative technology can be found in models that includes the new Mazda 3, the Mazda 6, and the Mazda CX-5 as well as the Mazda Axela. The company’s advanced fuel saving hybrid technology allows the models to increase its mileage, improve automatic transmission and electric power steering, as well as to reduce emission levels thus improving both the overall fuel economy and the optimum performance range of its cars.
- Mazda 3 Hybrid: around 30 km/l on a combined drive cycle
- Mazda Axela Hybrid: around 30.8 km/l on a combined drive cycle
Availability of Mazda Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
As of now, the best possible option available for buying a Mazda vehicle in Sri Lanka is to get in contact with the authorized distributors for this vehicle brand in Sri Lanka, the Colonial Motors Ceylon LTD, which is located in No 297, Union Place, P.O Box 349, Colombo 02. Apart from the authorized agent, these vehicles are also available through third party distributors and resellers, who are based in prominent cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Mazda Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Mazda Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Mazda in Sri Lanka
- Vehicle models with class leading safety and security features that are not seen in most other brands that offer vehicles at similar pricing categories
- Superb fuel-efficient car models even without the Hybrid technology
- Long history of reliability both in the international market as well as in Sri Lanka
- Great handling capabilities especially during quick accelerations, making Mazda a good performer on Sri Lankan roads
- Availability of numerous packages including the company’s own Mazda Connect technology
Did You Know?
The current symbol used in all Mazda vehicles, was established as early as in 1997 and represents Mazda’s vision to “expand its wings” across the globe.