New and Used Mazda Axela for Sale in Sri Lanka
The Mazda Axela (also known as the Mazda 3 in non-domestic markets) is a compact 4-door sedan, which was launched by Mazda in 2003. The Mazda Axela is currently in its third generation and the most common models on the Sri Lankan roads belongs to the first and second generation, whilst the third generation model is in its entry stage. The Axela gained a strong following in Sri Lanka due to its sharp handling, engaging driving dynamics and practicality as a daily runner. The first generation of this car was without a doubt a head turner. It came with generous proportions and sleek curves, which made the car standout on the road, giving it a sportier look than most of its competitors. The second-generation model was more evolutionary and included some cosmetic changes to the lights and frame. The third generation model however, was designed with more aggressive and bold design cues, which gave the Mazda Axela a dominant and sporty stance on the road.
Introduced to the world as early as 2003, the car that has come to be known as the Mazda Axela is an all-round performer in Sri Lanka. The car looks great, it thrills you when you put your foot down and will reassure you with its sharp handling skills. On top of it is the practicality it provides as a daily runner. It is a car with a soul, and likewise, is a car that does not disappoint. Therefore, the Mazda Axela is a top class recommendation for the rising middle class of Sri Lanka.
The New Mazda Axela 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Mazda Axela 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Mazda Axela 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The Mazda Axela 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with new and modified convenience, safety and drivetrain features.
- Improved Handling Capabilities
- Refined 2.5 L Engine Version
- Enhanced Cabin Trim Materials
- New Forward-Obstruction Warning System
What are New Mazda Axela 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Mazda Axela 2016 stands out from the competition by providing a range of advanced features to the passengers.
- Updated Mazda Connect System
- Ample Front-Seat Space
- High-Contrast Touch-Screen Display
- Advanced Rotary Command Controller Option
What are Mazda Axela 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Mazda Axela 2016 offers a range of design related updates to its overall exterior layout.
- Longer Hood Layout
- Distinctive "Cab-Back" Design
- A More Sweeping Side Shoulder Line
- Sharper and Slanted, Fastback Roofline on the Hatchback
What is the Mazda Axela 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Mazda Axela 2016 price in Sri Lanka is subject to the optional trim and the local dealer.
- Mazda Axela Hybrid - S 2016: Rs. 7,990,000
- Mazda Axela 2016: Rs. 7,500,000
Mazda Axela Review in Sri Lanka
Mazda Axela Engine Specifications and Performance
The Mazda Axela is a strongly built machine that also has a lot of power under its hood, and therefore has a number of advanced features to power its drivetrain. The first generation Mazda Axela cars in Sri Lanka came with a 1.5 L MZR I4 engine, coupled with a four or 5-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual transmission. The second-generation cars in Sri Lanka were commonly found with either a 1.5 L drivetrain with a five or 6-speed automatic transmission or a five or 6-speed manual gearbox configuration. The latest third generation models however, came with a 1.5 L SkyActiv hybrid engine with either a 6-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual gearbox. Due to this advanced configuration of the latest Mazda Axela, the car’s engine can produce a maximum of 115 kW of power and 203 Nm of torque, allowing it to reach a top speed of around 208 km/h in the process.
- Size: 2.0 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Maximum Output: 115 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 203 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Top Speed: 208 km/h
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic/ 6-Speed Manual
Mazda Axela Fuel Efficiency
Official claims for a third generation Mazda Axela points towards a notably high fuel economy under a combined driving cycle. However, the Mazda Axela also comes with a bigger 51 L fuel tank that gives this car a longer range on the rocky road conditions seen in Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Hybrid Petrol/ Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 51 L
- CO2 Emissions: 139 g/km (As tested by LTA)
New Mazda Axela Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Mazda Axela 2016: 13.4 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2015: 13.7 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2014: 14.0 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2013: 13.0 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2012: 13.1 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2011: 11.2 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Mazda Axela Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Mazda Axela 2010: 11.0 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2009: 11.3 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2008: 10.9 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2007: 11.2 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2006: 11.7 km/l
- Mazda Axela 2005: 11.6 km/l
Mazda Axela Features
Mazda Axela Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Mazda Axela is a top rated car and offers a wide array of convenience features for the benefit of its passengers.
- Air Conditioning
- Pollen Filter
- AM/ FM Stereo
- CD Audio System
- Navigation System
- iPod/ USB Compatible
Mazda Axela Safety Features
The safety has been a key feature that makes the Mazda Axela a good sedan choice for the average car buyer with a range of options to keep you and your family safe for the ride.
- Advanced Dual Front Air Bags
- Crash-Zone & Passenger Weight Sensors
- Front Side-Impact Air Bags
- Side-Impact Air Curtains
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Adjustable Headrests for All Seating Positions
The Design of Mazda Axela
Mazda Axela Interior Design Elements
The Mazda Axela is probably one of the best full size family sedans offered in Sri Lanka and comes with a variety of interior design elements that includes:
- Heated Seats
- Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Rearview Mirror
- Power Outlet
- Rear Cabin Light
Mazda Axela Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Mazda Axela is a distinctive one from its competitors and has a number of modern features that includes:
- Dual Power Side Mirrors
- Black Beltline Trim
- Integrated Rear-Window Antenna
- Roof Rack
- Tinted Glass
- Halogen Headlights
Mazda Axela Color Options
The Mazda Axela is a car that certainly does not disappoint the buyers when it comes to the available colors with a range of mica and metallic colors such as:
- Soul Red Metallic
- Titanium Flash Mica
- Deep Crystal Blue Mica
- Blue Reflex Mica
- Snowflake White Pearl Mica
- Aluminum Metallic
Mazda Axela, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Mazda Axela, for being a high-end family car, can be compared with other car models from competing brands such as the Toyota Corolla, the Hyundai Elantra and the Honda Civic.
- Mazda Axela vs. Toyota Corolla - The Axela comes with a more powerful engine when compared to the Corolla
- Mazda Axela vs. Hyundai Elantra - The Axela has a larger fuel capacity if compared to the Elantra
- Mazda Axela vs. Honda Civic - The Axela has a better fuel economy when compared to the Civic
Key Reasons to Buy a Mazda Axela
There are a number of pros and cons of this vehicle that you must take into account when considering to buy one from the local car market.
Mazda Axela Advantages:
- Superb handling capabilities
- Outstanding fuel economy on local roads
- Excellent engine performance for its class
- Class leading safety features
Mazda Axela Disadvantages:
- Some reviewers have noted that the road noise experienced while riding this car to be slightly above average
- The optional larger wheel size version of this car has a slightly bumpier ride under typical road conditions
Mazda Axela Price List in Sri Lanka
For those who are searching for a Mazda Axela for sale in Sri Lanka can look through our detailed Mazda Axela pricelist as given below.
Mazda Axela Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Mazda Axela Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mazda Axela Hybrid - S 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,990,000
- Mazda Axela 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,450,000
- Mazda Axela Hybrid 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,250,000
- Mazda Axela 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,350,000
- Mazda Axela 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,850,000
- Mazda Axela 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,140,000
Used Mazda Axela Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mazda Axela 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,500,000
- Mazda Axela 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,200,000
- Mazda Axela 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,760,000
- Mazda Axela 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,350,000
- Mazda Axela 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,310,000
- Mazda Axela 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,200,000
Where to Find Mazda Axela Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
For most Mazda vehicles, the best place to buy one is from the official agent from the brand in Sri Lanka, the Colonial Motors Ceylon LTD, which is based in Union Place, Colombo 02. However, since this car is a direct import from japan, it can be obtained mostly from third party distributors, who are located in prominent cities across Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Mazda Axela Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Mazda Axela Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year