New and Used Mercedes Benz for Sale in Sri Lanka
Mercedes Benz Vehicles in Sri Lanka
First founded as an automobile company in 1926 by Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler, the Mercedes Benz Corporation saw gradual growth for the past 90 years, to become one of the most influential car manufacturers in the world. Based in Stuttgart, Germany, the company is now considered as the world’s sixth largest automotive company by revenue as of 2014. The slogan of the Mercedes Benz is “Das Beste oder nichts” which translated into English means “The best or nothing”, and is exactly the reason why the company has survived for almost a century, to become an industry leader in secure, safe and luxury vehicles that are celebrated around the world.
The global luxury motorcar giant Mercedes Benz has a wide presence in Sri Lanka, and retails its entire range of vehicles, from the small hatchbacks and mid-size executive sedans to full-size luxury limousines, high-performance sports cars and luxury SUVs. Mercedes stands for luxury, and the marque is well recognized as a premium brand in Sri Lanka. Brand new vehicles tends to be more expensive compared to some of their other German competitors, but second-hand value may drop a little, due to the expense of running and maintaining a vehicle on a longer term. Diesel and Motor Company (DIMO) is Sri Lanka’s authorized dealer, and has an impressive fleet of vehicles within their showrooms. Private importers are also bringing down more and more models, but focus tends to be more on the E-Class and C-Class, with DIMO dominating the higher end vehicles (as well as the small hatchbacks like A-Class and B-Class).
What Are the Best Selling Mercedes Benz Models in Sri Lanka?
These are the most popular Mercedes Benz vehicles (Sedans, Subcompacts, Hatchbacks, Crossovers, SUV’s, MPV’s and Vans etc.), for sale in Sri Lanka.
The E300 is probably the most popular car from Mercedes Benz found in Sri Lanka. It comes with a 2.1 L turbo charged BlueTEC hybrid engine with a 7-speed automatic transmission to power its drive train. The car has an excellent level of fuel efficiency for its class and is documented to be capable of sustaining a range of 12 km/l on a combined cycle, on Sri Lanka’s rough roads.
If you would like to know more about the Mercedes Benz E300, then read our review here at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Mercedes Benz E300 Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mercedes Benz E300?
- Mercedes Benz E300 2016: 12.1 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E300 2015: 11.8 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E300 2014: 12.3 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E300 2013: 17.6 km/l
What are Mercedes Benz E300 Features?
- Heated Seats
- Onboard Hard-Drive
- Electric Sunroof
- Satellite Navigation
What are the Engine Specifications of Mercedes Benz E300?
- Engine Type: Turbo Fuel Injection Dual Overhead Cam
- Base Engine Size: 2.1 L
- Maximum Output: 150 kW @ 4200 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 500 Nm @ 1600 rpm
Price of the Mercedes Benz E300 in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mercedes-Benz E300 Blutech 2016 Rs. 19,000,000
- Mercedes-Benz E300 Blutech hybrid 2015: Rs. 18,700,000
- Mercedes-Benz E300 hybrid AMG 2014: Rs. 15,200,000
- Mercedes-Benz E300 Blutech 2013: Rs. 13,700,000
The E220 is a four-door 5-seat sedan, which is a highly popular model from the Mercedes Benz found in Sri Lanka. First introduced in 1993, the model is currently in its fourth generation, and is continuing to gain popularity among the upper class buyers. The car comes with a powerful BlueEFFICIENCY 4 cylinder inline diesel engine that uses a 5-speed automatic transmission to drive it forward. For its class, the model has an admirable fuel efficiency with its diesel version achieving around 16 km/l in Colombo’s city driving environment.
To learn more about the Mercedes Benz E220 you can read our review at Carmudi.lk.
Mercedes Benz E220 Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mercedes Benz E220?
- Mercedes Benz E220 2016: 16.4 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E220 2015: 16.1 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E220 2014: 15.3 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E220 2013: 12.7 km/l
What are Mercedes Benz E220 Features?
- Navigation System
- Power Seats
- Voice Recognition
- Bluetooth System
What are the Engine Specifications of Mercedes Benz E220?
- Engine Type: BlueEFFICIENCY 4 Cylinder inline Diesel
- Base Engine Size: 2.1 L
- Maximum Output: 125 kW @ 3000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 400 Nm @ 1400 rpm
Price of the Mercedes Benz E220 in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mercedes Benz E220 2016: Rs. 19,100,000
- Mercedes Benz E220 2015: Rs. 18,500,000
- Mercedes Benz E220 2014: Rs. 16,200,000
- Mercedes Benz E220 2013: Rs. 15,100,000
The E200 is primarily a mid-range luxury sedan from Mercedes Benz and is available with a 4-door 5 seat configuration to appeal to the mass market. The car can be purchased either as a saloon, a wagon or even as a convertible depending on the buyers taste. As a Mercedes, it is available in both petrol and diesel versions, with 1.8 L and 2.0 L direct-injection TURBO MPFI engines. The E200 has a relatively good fuel economy for its high-end class and achieves around 16 km/l in Sri Lanka’s highways.
To learn more about the Mercedes Benz E200 you can read our in-depth review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Mercedes Benz E200 Hybrid Model: Coming Soon
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mercedes Benz E200?
- Mercedes Benz E200 2016: 16.2 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E200 2015: 16.3 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E200 2014: 12.7 km/l
- Mercedes Benz E200 2013: 13.5 km/l
What are Mercedes Benz E200 Features?
- Classic analog watch
- 7-inch display screen
- Eight speaker stereo configuration
- Telephone hands-free system
What are the Engine Specifications of Mercedes Benz E200?
- Engine Type: Direct-injection TURBO MPFI
- Base Engine Size: 1.8 L
- Maximum Output: 135 kW @ 5500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 300 Nm @ 1200 rpm
Price of the Mercedes Benz E200 in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mercedes-Benz E200 CDI 2016: Rs. 17,700,000
- Mercedes-Benz E200 2015: Rs. 15,500,000
- Mercedes-Benz E200 2014: Rs. 14,800,000
- Mercedes-Benz E200 AMG CDI 2013: Rs. 14,500,000
First introduced in the early 90’s, the C180 is an entry-level compact executive car made by Mercedes Benz. In Sri Lanka, the car directly competes with the Audi A4 and the BMW 3-Series to win the hearts of luxury car lovers. It is mainly powered through a 1.6 L or 1.8 L engine, which runs through a 6-speed manual, a 7-speed automatic or a 7G-TRONIC PLUS transmission to move it forward. The car has a good fuel economy in Sri Lanka’s roads, with around 14 km/l on a highway-driving environment.
If you would like to learn more about the Mercedes Benz C180 car, then checkout our review at Carmudi.lk.
Mercedes Benz C180 Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mercedes Benz C180?
- Mercedes Benz C180 2016: 10.9 km/l
- Mercedes Benz C180 2015: 12.1 km/l
- Mercedes Benz C180 2014: 11.7 km/l
- Mercedes Benz C180 2013: 10.8 km/l
What are Mercedes Benz C180 Features?
- Navigation System
- Onboard Hard-Drive
- Bluetooth Interface
- Knockdown Rear Seats
What are the Engine Specifications of Mercedes Benz C180?
- Engine Type: in-line Turbocharged
- Base Engine Size: 1.6 L
- Maximum Output: 115 kW @ 5300 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 250 Nm @ 1250 rpm
Price of the Mercedes Benz C180 in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mercedes Benz C180 2016: Rs. 10,500,000
- Mercedes Benz C180 Kompressor 2015: Rs. 7,300,000
- Mercedes Benz C180 2014: Rs. 7,000,000
- Mercedes Benz C180 Kompressor 2013: Rs. 6,900,000
Other notable Mercedes Benz models found in Sri Lanka includes the Mercedes-Benz C220, the Mercedes-Benz C200, Mercedes-Benz E240, Mercedes-Benz S350, Mercedes-Benz S500, Mercedes-Benz C300, Mercedes-Benz CLA, Mercedes-Benz E250, Mercedes-Benz B Class, Mercedes-Benz C180 Kompressor, Mercedes-Benz CLS 350, Mercedes-Benz 350, Mercedes-Benz W123, Mercedes-Benz W115, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Mercedes-Benz E280, Mercedes-Benz S320, Mercedes-Benz C220, Mercedes-Benz E240, Mercedes-Benz C250 and the Mercedes-Benz C350.
Mercedes Benz Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
Mercedes Benz has developed a number of Hybrid vehicles to power some of its popular car models. In general, these includes cars that belongs to the E-Class as well as the more powerful S-Class, which are both found in Sri Lanka through the official distributor. Apart from that the C-Class, primarily the C350 model also includes a Hybrid drivetrain and can be obtained through third party suppliers.
- Mercedes Benz E300: around 18 km/l on a combined cycle
- Mercedes Benz S400: around 14.7 km/l of combined driving
Availability of Mercedes Benz Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
The official distributor for Mercedes Benz vehicles found in Sri Lanka is the Diesel and Motor Company (DIMO), with its main Mercedes Benz showroom located in Colombo 14. However, a number of third party distributors also imports the vehicle brand to the country, and can be found in a number of prominent cities throughout the island.
Discover the Selection of Mercedes Benz Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Mercedes Benz Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Mercedes Benz in Sri Lanka
- Class defining luxury features to make its driver and passengers feel comfortable throughout the ride
- Ample amount of space compared to most other vehicles in the market, which is a unique selling point of these vehicles
- The car represents a symbol of social status for its owner, which is by far one of the main reasons why many wealthy Sri Lankans would buy a Mercedes Benz for their personal use
- Unparalleled safety features that guarantees the security of its passengers, which is very useful in unpredictable road situations
- Having an official distributor for the brand in Sri Lanka, who is reputed for providing a good aftersales service for all Mercedes owners
Did You Know?
The origin of Mercedes Benz goes back to the creation of the Benz Patent Motorwagen, by Karl Benz and through the financing provided by his wife Bertha Benz. It is widely regarded as the first petrol-powered car in the world.