Mercedes Benz E200 for Sale in Sri Lanka
Mercedes Benz E200 Review
The Mercedes E200 is primarily a mid-range luxury sedan that comes with a 4-door 5-seater configuration, which has managed to gain a firm foothold within Sri Lanka’s high-end car market. With its prominent and iconic twin headlamps and the aerodynamic design, it is built as a statement to its owner’s high social status. Currently the E200 is available in Sri Lanka in both new and used conditions and can be purchased as a sedan/ saloon, wagon as well as a convertible.
Top 10 things to know when Buying a Mercedes Benz E200
1. The luxury car model Mercedes E200 in Sri Lanka
First introduced to the world by Mercedes Benz in 1993, the E class has managed to make its impact in the world of luxury sedans. The E200 has been the more affordable option within the range, with the popular E200 kompressor having a considerable success around the world.
In Sri Lanka, the relatively affordable price margins compared to other prominent models from the manufacturer has made this one of the most widely distributed mid-range luxury cars found in the country. A Hybrid version of this sedan is also expected to launch in the near future giving more appeal to it among Sri Lankan consumers.
2. Mercedes E200 Specs And Performance (Fifth Generation Onwards)
For its reputation, Mercedes has packed a considerable amount of power under the E200’s hood.
Engine specs: Available in both Diesel and Petrol versions
- Type: Direct-injection TURBO MPFI
- Size: 1.8L to 2.0L engines
- Cylinders: 04
- Max. Power: (for 1.8L) 135kW @ 5250rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.3 : 1
- Transmission: 7G-TRONIC PLUS
- Drive Type: Rear wheel
- Top Speed: Above 200kph
- Acceleration: 0-100kph: 9.0s (under standard conditions)
- Steering Specs: Rack & pinion - power assisted, 11.3 turning circle, and traction control handling
- Brakes (Front and Rear): Internally ventilated – disc
- Suspension (Front and Rear): Coil spring, anti-roll bar, multi-link and gas damper
- Payload Capacity: 535Kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-seat arrangement (for the sedan) and 7-seat arrangement (for the wagon)
- Connectivity: Internet connectivity through mobile device tethering (supported for Android and iOS devices) as well as comprehensive Bluetooth connectivity
3. Mercedes Benz E200 Fuel Consumption
The latest fifth generation models have demonstrated a reasonably well rounded fuel economy with around 7.1kpl for urban driving and around 10kpl for highway cruising, in standardized driving conditions. Newer models also includes ECO start/ stop function for driving in long traffic conditions.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 80L (including the reserve)
- CO2 Emission: around 150 grams/km
4. Mercedes E200 Design
The interior of the Mercedes Benz E200 demonstrates the company’s capacity for fine design. It includes:
A classic analog watch, a 7-inch display screen, an Instrument cluster with three circular pods displaying the speed/ tacho and fuel gauge meters, Rich ARTICO fabricated leather wrapped seats, either a wood grain trim texture/ matte finished wood or a trim aluminum interior, an eight speaker stereo configuration, Seat lumbar support as well as a telephone hands-free system.
The exterior is fashioned with twin headlamps/ single headlamps (for newer models), LED taillights with LED fiber optics, Electric folding mirrors, a rear defogger, front fog lights as well as the iconic 16-inch alloy wheels.
5. Available Color Options of the E200 in Sri Lanka
- For Interior: espresso brown, chestnut brown, silk beige, crystal grey, seashell grey and porcelain tone-in-tone
- For Exterior: Black, Silver, white, dark blue, dark green, crimson
6. Safety Rating And Associated Features (Fifth Generation Onwards)
The safety features of the Mercedes Benz E200 might be some of the most appealing you would find anywhere. It has managed to achieved an ANCAP crash test score of 5 (out of 5) with the help of these eleven features:
- The model comes with a collision prevention helper system
- There is a Blind Spot Assistant technology (which will alert if there is a vehicle in the drivers blind side)
- Includes Lane Keeping assist (which will vibrate the steering if the car is drifting sideways)
- Attention Assist (will alert if the driver is falling asleep)
- Brake Assist Plus (will automatically apply peak braking pressure during an emergency)
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Reversing Camera with COMAND APS
- Parking regulation system
- Adaptive High Beam Assistant system for the headlamps
- Engine Immobilizer (in an emergency)
- Standard class Seatbelts, Side Airbags, Pre-tensioner Front Seats
7. What are the Best Elements Of The E200?
The elements that helps Mercedes Benz E200 to standout, which were also highly applauded by professional car reviewers are its excellent electro-automated steering system that makes driving feel like flying an airplane, and an unique to its class, 7G-TRONIC PLUS transmission system, which also helps it on fuel economy
8. Advantages of Mercedes E200 compared to other High-Featured car models in its section
For its mid-range luxury class, the car is popularly compared with the Audi A6, the BMW 520d and the Jaguar XF by local car lovers.
- Mercedes Benz E200 vs. Audi A6 – The E200 has Rear Wheel Drive compared to the A6
- Mercedes Benz E200 vs. BMW 5 Series - The E200 has better fuel economy on the highway compared to the 5-series
- Mercedes Benz E200 vs. Jaguar XF - The E200 has better overall fuel economy compared to the XF
9. Key Reasons To Buy A Mercedes Benz E200
If you are considering buying this finely crafted vehicle, then think through the following advantages and disadvantages, which may help you to make a better decision
- Superior driving dynamics
- High-level passenger comfort
- Top rated build quality
- Design form-factor
- The luxury Status
- Slightly old-school satellite navigation system that has 2D maps instead of 3D (but it is still noted to be highly functional).
- The 7-inch center display is considered by some to be too small, though this may differ through personal preference.
10. Where To Find A Mercedes E200 cars for Sale in Sri Lanka
Diesel and Motor Company (DIMO) is the authorized dealer for Mercedes Benz E200 vehicles in Sri Lanka. However, the car can also be purchased through independent dealers, located in prominent cities such as Colombo, Gampaha and Dehiwala.
Discover our selection of Mercedes Benz E200 for sale in your city on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Mercedes Benz E200 Price in Sri Lanka
On average, a new E200 can be purchased for a price, around Rs. 11,150,000 to Rs. 15,000,000 (2015) from Dealers Island-wide. Used models can cost around Rs. 1,500,000 to Rs. 8,750,000, depending on its condition and the build year.
Mercedes E200 price list on Carmudi.lk
Price of new E200
- Mercedes Benz E200 AMG 2013: Rs. 12,500,000
- Mercedes Benz E200 2014: Rs. 14,500,000
Price of Used and Reconditioned E200
- Mercedes Benz E200 W124 1987: Rs. 1,500,000
- Mercedes Benz E200 1992: Rs. 1,800,000
- Mercedes Benz E200 1995: Rs. 2,800,000
- Mercedes Benz E200 1996: Rs. 2,100,000
- Mercedes Benz E200 2000: Rs. 3,100,000
- Mercedes Benz E200 2010: Rs. 8,750,000