New and Used Mini for Sale in Sri Lanka
Mini Vehicles in Sri Lanka
Formerly, the name Mini represented a line of iconic small cars manufactured in Britain from 1959 - 2000. This unique car was a hit around the world and to date remains one of the most loved cars of our time, particularly here in Sri Lanka. Today’s Mini make however, is currently owned by BMW in Germany and represents a range of small cars, which are created to continue the legacy of the 1950s model.
Originally owned by the British Motor Corporation, the Mini went through a number of decisive changes throughout the decades being owned by several other companies that included British Leyland as well as the Rover Group. Nevertheless, the marque eventually ended up being acquired by BMW since 1994. Some of the brands most notable models that are now popularly being sold today were created under the BMW’s ownership and includes models such as the Mini Clubman, Mini Convertible and the Mini Countryman respectively.
Mini car models are easy to come by in the Sri Lankan market, since it is one of the most loved car brands in the country, complete with Mini enthusiast clubs as well as Mini themed racing events. You will find it easy to locate old Minis that are decades old, in cities such as Colombo, Kandy and Gampaha as well as in prominent suburban areas. Newer BMW made Mini models are also easy to come by, largely thanks to Prestige Automobiles, who acts as the official agent for the brand. It should also be stated that there are several niche luxury car importers who imports limited edition models of the current Mini range to Sri Lanka, which helps to provide more opportunities for the buyers in the process.
What Are the Best Selling Mini Models in Sri Lanka?
These are the most popular Mini vehicles (Sedans, Subcompacts, Hatchbacks, Crossovers, SUV’s, MPV’s and Vans etc.), for sale in Sri Lanka.
1) Mini Cooper in Sri Lanka
This Mini with a straight racing pedigree is by far the most popular Mini branded car seen in Sri Lanka. Mini Cooper Models belonging to the Pre BMW era can fetch between 0.5 to 1.8 Million Rupees while you can buy the latest unregistered Mini Cooper models for a price of between 7 to 9.5 million rupees, from various dealers located across the country. The latest model of this highly versatile vehicle is powered using a 1.5 L, 3-cylinder in-line Turbocharged engine that uses a 6-speed automatic transmission to move its drivetrain. Even though for its moderate engine displacement, the car can generate an impressive power, which is recorded at around 100 kW, helping it to achieve its top speed of roughly 200 km/h in the process.
If you would like to learn more about the Mini Cooper, then read our review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Mini Cooper Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mini Cooper?
- Mini Cooper 2016: 13.6 km/l
- Mini Cooper 2015: 13.1 km/l
- Mini Cooper 2014: 13.5 km/l
- Mini Cooper 2013: 12.9 km/l
What are Mini Cooper Features?
- MP3 Playback
- USB Connectivity
- Keyless Engine Start
- Cruise Control
What are the Engine Specifications of Mini Cooper?
- Engine Type: in-line TwinPower Turbocharged
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 101 kW @ 4,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 220 Nm @ 1,250 rpm
Price of Mini Cooper in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mini Cooper 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,350,000
- Mini Cooper 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,400,000
- Mini Cooper 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,550,000
- Mini Cooper S Grade 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,200,000
2) Mini Countryman in Sri Lanka
Marketed as a small SUV/ 4X4 Crossover, the Mini Countryman has managed to win the hearts and minds of many Sri Lankan car buyers. This model combines the city runner capabilities of a typical car with the off-roading capabilities of an advanced SUV. An unregistered Mini Countryman will be priced between 8 to 9 million Rupees in the local market, depending on the level of innovative features it offer. First introduced in 2010, the latest version of the Mini Countryman comes with quite a powerful engine for its size. According to figures, the car has a 1.6 L engine with a power output of around 135 kW and torque of around 240 Nm, giving it an acceleration of less than 8.0 seconds from zero to 100 km/h in the process.
Mini Countryman Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mini Countryman?
- Mini Countryman 2016: 10.0 km/l
- Mini Countryman 2015: 11.6 km/l
- Mini Countryman 2014: 11.5 km/l
- Mini Countryman 2013: 11.8 km/l
What are Mini Countryman Features?
- Leather Upholstery
- Cruise Control
- In-Dash Mounted Media Player
What are the Engine Specifications of Mini Countryman?
- Engine Type: 4-cylinder in-line
- Base Engine Size: 1.6 L
- Maximum Output: 135 kW @ 5500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 240 Nm @ 1600 rpm
Price of Mini Countryman in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mini Countryman 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,850,000
- Mini Countryman 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,160,000
- Mini Countryman 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,250,000
- Mini Countryman 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,570,000
Other notable Mini models found in Sri Lanka includes the Mini Clubman, the Mini Moke and the Mini Cooper S.
Mini Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
After BMW acquired the Mini automobile brand, new experimentations with alternative fuel technologies were conducted to examine the viability in the long term. Some of the technological aspects that were looked into included a hydrogen-powered internal combustion engine technology, which used a piston based combustion engine to power its drive train. Fully electric vehicle technologies (EV’s) were also experimented with and were used in a number of real world scenarios to demonstrate its viability. A prototype hybrid vehicle called the “Mini QED” was similarly developed to further expand the technological understanding of such a vehicle. However, currently, there is no production model that uses such alternative fuel technology, though this can be expected to change in the near future.
Availability of Mini Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
Mini cars have a strong following in Sri Lanka and the earlier versions are available in the Morris Mini-Minor, Austin 7, Countryman, Moke and Clubman variants. The agent for Mini in Sri Lanka is none other than Prestige Automobiles, who also holds the sole agent license for BMW vehicles currently sold in Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Mini Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Mini Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Mini in Sri Lanka
- The Mini comes with a design that has stood the test of time, giving it more dexterity and control to tackle tight corners of a busy city
- Performance and agility are two factors that helps to set Mini cars apart from the offerings of other competitors
- Minis are small but comes with potent engines. These factors coupled with its nimbleness make it a fun car to drive
- Despite its small body layout, the designers have utilized the available space very well, providing more room that one would assume
- Mini cars comes with a long and illustrious racing heritage, which helps to elevate the social status of its owner
Did You Know?
In 1961, the Morris Minor Mini set the record by becoming the first British manufactured car in history, to surpass the sale of 1 million units.