New and Used Mitsubishi for Sale in Sri Lanka
Mitsubishi Vehicles in Sri Lanka
First incorporated in 1970 in its modern form, the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation can trace its lineage back to 1917, when Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Co., Ltd, first introduced the Mitsubishi Model A, which was Japans first chain-production car. Based in Minato, Tokyo, Japan, the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation has seen significant growth throughout the decades to become the sixth biggest motor company in Japan and as a result, the 16th biggest automotive manufacturer in the world. The brand Mitsubishi is a popular and well-known brand of vehicles in Sri Lanka, which are known for its reliability and performance. The entire fleet of Mitsubishi vehicles, including sedans, pickups, 4x4s and hatchbacks are available in the Sri Lankan market, with even performance models like the Lancer Evolution being imported and highly sought-after by the countries car buyers.
Mitsubishi vehicles in Sri Lanka are widely available throughout the country. Older cars tend to be more popular, but a good second-hand market exists for most models, including for the Montero, the L200 and the new Outlanders. United Motors Lanka PLC, the official dealer in Sri Lanka for the vehicles, is an established company with almost 70 years of history, offering a great service to its customers. Parts and servicing for the vehicles are widely available across the country, both at the dealer and at independent traders, who have competent mechanics for servicing and repairing Mitsubishi vehicles in the island. The popularity of these cars translates to easily accessible spare parts, as well as a vibrant and solid second-hand market for all types of Mitsubishi’s in Sri Lanka.
What Are the Best Selling Mitsubishi Models in Sri Lanka?
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mitsubishi Montero?
The Mitsubishi Montero with its powerful engine manage to generate a reasonably good fuel economy under the road conditions seen here in Sri Lanka. Find the average fuel economy of Mitsubishi Montero for the last 4 years:
- Mitsubishi Montero 2016: 9.1 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2015: 8.8 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2014: 9.0 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2013: 8.5 km/l
What are Mitsubishi Montero Features?
As a luxury grade vehicle, the Mitsubishi Montero offers an array of comfort and convenience features for its passengers. Some of the Mitsubishi Montero standard and optional features include:
- Navigation System
- On-Board Hard-Drive
- DVD Player
- Auxiliary Input
What are the Engine Specifications of Mitsubishi Montero?
The Mitsubishi Montero comes with a very powerful advanced engine train to turn its wheels on the tough roads seen in our country. Here are some of Mitsubishi Montero engine specifications:
- Base Engine Size: 3.2 L
- Maximum Output: 121 kW @ 3,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 373 Nm @ 2,000 rpm
- Engine Type: 16-valve inline-4 intercooled turbocharged DOHC diesel (4M41)
Price of Mitsubishi Montero in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
The Mitsubishi Montero is a feature rich vehicle that does not come cheap in the local market. Here are some prices for the available Mitsubishi Montero for sale in Sri Lanka:
- Mitsubishi Montero GLS 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 15,500,000
- Mitsubishi Montero 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 15,000,000
- Mitsubishi MONTERO GLS 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 14,150,000
- Mitsubishi Montero DID GLS 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 11,650,000
If you would like to know more about the Mitsubishi Montero, then check out our review at Carmudi.lk.
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mitsubishi Outlander?
Even with its 2.4 L engine, the Mitsubishi Outlander can generate an impressive fuel economy under tough conditions found here in Sri Lanka. Find the average fuel economy of Mitsubishi Outlander for the last 4 years:
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2016: 17.6 km/l
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2015: 17.2 km/l
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2014: 16.5 km/l
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2013: 9.2 km/l
What are Mitsubishi Outlander Features?
As a modern SUV, the Mitsubishi Outlander offers an assortment of comfort and convenience related features for its passengers. Some of the Mitsubishi Outlander standard and optional features include:
- FUSE Hands-Free Link System
- Multi-Information Display
- Dual-Zone Climate Control
- Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
What are the Engine Specifications of Mitsubishi Outlander?
The Mitsubishi Outlander is a good performer on local roads and comes with an advanced drivetrain to move its wheels. Here are some of Mitsubishi Outlander engine specifications:
- Engine Type: MIVEC SOHC 16-valve
- Base Engine Size: 2.4 L
- Maximum Output: 123 kW @ 6,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 222 Nm @ 4,200 rpm
Price of Mitsubishi Outlander in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
The Mitsubishi Outlander is one of the most sort after SUV models in Sri Lanka and therefore comes with a higher price tag in its brand new condition. Here are some prices for the available Mitsubishi Outlander for sale in Sri Lanka:
- Mitsubishi Outlander G Premium 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 12,000,000
- Mitsubishi Outlander G Safety Package 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 11,800,000
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,800,000
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,600,000
To learn more about the Mitsubishi Outlander, you can read our in-depth review here at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mitsubishi Lancer?
For being a family sedan, the Mitsubishi Lancer can generate a notably good fuel economy under a combined drive cycle on local roads. Find the average fuel economy of Mitsubishi Lancer for the last 4 years:
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2016: 12.4 km/l
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2015: 10.0 km/l
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2014: 10.0 km/l
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2013: 9.8 km/l
What are Mitsubishi Lancer Features?
The Mitsubishi Lancer has always known to be a feature rich vehicle in the Sri Lankan market with an array of amenities to keep its passengers occupied. Some of the Mitsubishi Lancer standard and optional features include:
- AM/ FM Stereo
- CD Audio System
- Cassette Radio
- DVD Player
What are the Engine Specifications of Mitsubishi Lancer?
The Mitsubishi Lancer has a reasonable midrange engine that is fully capable of tackling the road conditions seen in our country. Here are some of Mitsubishi Lancer engine specifications:
- Base Engine Size: 1.6 L
- Maximum Output: 110 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 196 Nm @ 4200 rpm
- Engine Type: I4 DOHC, 16-valve, Mitsubishi Innovative Valve-timing Electronic Control system (MIVEC)
Price of Mitsubishi Lancer in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
The Mitsubishi Lancer is a competitively priced family sedan compared to some of its opponents in the local market. Here are some prices for the available Mitsubishi Lancer for sale in Sri Lanka:
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,250,000
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,830,000
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,510,000
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,850,000
To learn more about the Mitsubishi Lancer car, you can look at our detailed review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Mitsubishi Pajero?
While the Mitsubishi Pajero might not be the most fuel efficient vehicle found in the local market, it still could generate a reasonably good fuel economy under a combined drive cycle here in Sri Lanka. Find the average fuel economy of Mitsubishi Pajero for the last 4 years:
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2016: 9.0 km/l
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2015: 8.7 km/l
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2014: 8.9 km/l
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2013: 8.4 km/l
What are Mitsubishi Pajero Features?
The Mitsubishi Pajero is one of the most popular Japanese made luxury SUV’s sold in Sri Lanka with an advanced selection of amenities. Some of the Mitsubishi Pajero standard and optional features include:
- 12 Speaker System
- USB Port
- Navigation System
- Onboard Hard-Drive
What are the Engine Specifications of Mitsubishi Pajero?
The Mitsubishi Pajero is an advanced powerful machine that has an engine train to match its class. Here are some of Mitsubishi Pajero engine specifications for the models available in Sri Lanka:
- Engine Type: 24-valve V6 SOHC MIVEC
- Base Engine Size: 2.8 L
- Maximum Output: 184 kW @ 6,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 329 Nm @ 2,750 rpm
Price of Mitsubishi Pajero in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
Since it is a luxury grade vehicle, the Mitsubishi Pajero does not come cheap and has a relatively higher price category. Here are some prices for the available Mitsubishi Pajero for sale in Sri Lanka:
- Mitsubishi Pajero Super Exit 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 16,000,000
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 15,500,000
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 14,700,000
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 13,800,000
If you would like to learn more about the Mitsubishi Pajero, then look at our review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Other notable Mitsubishi models found in Sri Lanka includes the Mitsubishi L300, the Mitsubishi Colt, the Mitsubishi Canter, Mitsubishi FTO, Mitsubishi Delica, Mitsubishi Fuso, Mitsubishi 4DR5, Mitsubishi L200, Mitsubishi Montero Sport, Mitsubishi Mirage, Mitsubishi Mini Cab, Mitsubishi RVR, Mitsubishi L400, Mitsubishi Miev, Mitsubishi Space Wagon and the Mitsubishi ASX.
Mitsubishi Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
To compete with other vehicle manufacturers, Mitsubishi Motors has been developing a number of Hybrid vehicles, which includes the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV that is available in the global as well as the Sri Lankan market, with a few more models planned to be released in the near future. It should also be mentioned that the Mitsubishi has an all-electric car named the Mitsubishi i-MiEV, which is also available in the Sri Lankan market.
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV: Around 62 km/l (according to standard company specifications)
Availability of Mitsubishi Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
The United Motors Lanka PLC., which is based in Colombo 2, is the authorized distributor for Mitsubishi branded vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. However, due to the history of Mitsubishi vehicles being available in the country for a long period meant that there are also dozens of third party suppliers, who import these vehicles to the island.
Discover the Selection of Mitsubishi Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Mitsubishi Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Mitsubishi in Sri Lanka
- The company has a long history for building mechanical machinery, which gives it a strong base for producing high-quality automotive products
- Several models of Mitsubishi’s vehicles have excellent off-road capabilities that can be useful in some of Sri Lanka’s rocky roads
- The brand is well known throughout Sri Lanka for many years, which has led to the development of a range of supporting structures, to maintain these vehicles for a longer period
- Having a renowned official distributor for the brand, the United Motors Lanka PLC, which is known to provide a good aftersales service to its customers
- The availability of spare parts, even for older models that can be purchased through a number of third party suppliers
Did You Know?
The iconic three-diamond emblem logo of the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation actually precedes the company itself by a hundred years, when the founder of the Mitsubishi Group, Yataro Iwasaki, first chose it in 1870, when the original group was formed.