Mitsubishi L200 for Sale in Sri Lanka
Mitsubishi L200 Review
The second-generation Mitsubishi L200 models in Sri Lanka featured a very boxy design language, which added to its rugged image and gave it better road presence when compared to its predecessor. This particular design was continued from 1986 - 1996 and towards the latter bit of the decade the design seemed very dated when compared to models offered by competitors. The fourth generation model employed a very revolutionary design approach that employed curvy design cues; it came as a refreshing change when majority of the competitors were opting for boxy designs.
The second-generation models had basic features such as Air conditioning and power steering and models that rolled off the factory line during the mid-1990s came with Power windows. The fourth generation models came with the above-mentioned options alongside a radio/ CD player with MP3 compatibility, immobilizer, ABS, EBD, Dual Airbags, Active stability and traction control and RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) body safety system).
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Mitsubishi L200
1. History and Facts about Mitsubishi L200 in Sri Lanka
The Mitsubishi Motors Corporation has been producing the compact pickup Mitsubishi L200 since 1978. The L200 competes with the Toyota Hilux and the Nissan Navara in the Sri Lankan market and is currently in its fourth generation. The Mitsubishi L200 enjoys success in most parts of the world including Sri Lanka where it is known for its ruggedness, durability and performance. It was reported that the cumulative sales of the first three generations of the Mitsubishi L200 has exceeded 2.8 Million units around the world. Currently, the most common models in the Sri Lankan market are from the second and fourth generations.
The Mitsubishi L200 is a pickup that is capable of bearing the harshest road and off road conditions seen in Sri Lanka. If you are looking for a pick up that is capable of taking on the worst and if you also want something that makes sense as a daily runner, then the Mitsubishi L200 is undoubtedly an option worth considering.
2. Mitsubishi L200 Specifications and Performance
The Mitsubishi L200 comes with a very capable drivetrain to move its passengers while tackling the type of road conditions seen in Sri Lanka.
Mitsubishi L200 Engine Specs
- Type: 4-cylinder DOHC common rail with intercooler and turbocharger
- Size: 2.5 L/ 2.8 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 15.5
- Maximum Output: 133 kW @ 3500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 430 Nm @ 2500 rpm
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual/ 6-Speed Manual/ 4-Speed Automatic
- Top Speed: 180 km/h
- Acceleration: 10.4 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Rack-and-Pinion, Power Assisted
- Drive Type: Rear Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Independent-Wishbone, Coil Springs/ Rigid, Elliptic Leaf Springs
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated Discs/ Leading & Trailing Drums
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 5205 mm x 1815 mm x 1780 mm
- Curb Weight: 1860 kg
- Seating Capacity: 2 (Single Cab)/ 5-Seats (Double Cab)
3. Mitsubishi L200 Fuel Consumption
The most common configuration for the second generation Mitsubishi L200 (also known as the Mitsubishi Strada) is the 2.5 L, 4D56 Diesel I4 engine coupled with either a 4-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual transmission. On long distance trips, this particular model has recorded up to 12 km/l on the highway and up to 9 km/l in the city.
The fourth generation Mitsubishi L200 in Sri Lanka is propelled by a 2.5 L l4 engine and is coupled with either a 5-speed manual, a 4-speed automatic or a 5-speed automatic. This model has recorded up to 10 km/l in the city and up to 14 km/l on long distance trips.
Fuel Category: Diesel
Recommended Fuel Type: Regular
Fuel Tank Capacity: 75 L
CO2 Emissions: 173 g/km
4. The Design and Features of the Mitsubishi L200
The design of the Mitsubishi L200 is a clear representation of its utility build that allow this vehicle to be used for multiple purposes at the same time. The front side of the Mitsubishi L200 pickup is larger yet aerodynamic and comes with a pointed front bumper that also has the Mitsubishi logo embedded within. The front grill is relatively smaller though the headlights that are located besides it are bigger compared to most other vehicles seen in Sri Lanka. While the front hood is longer, it is also curved to help the Mitsubishi L200 retain its aerodynamic looks. The most popular version of the L200 has a double cab as its center cabin area, which allows it to facilitate five adult passengers. It also has a range of features to keep the passengers busy for a long distance journey. The rear cargo platform is probably the most important part of this vehicle and helps it to transform itself into a productive cargo transporter in the long term.
Mitsubishi L200 Interior: Air Conditioning, Climate Control, AM/ FM Stereo, CD Audio System, Cup Holders, Bluetooth Connectivity, DAB Digital Radio, 6 Speakers, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, USB Port, Electric Window, Leather Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Seat Heater Ducts, Sunvisor, Vanity Mirror, Engine Start/Stop Button, Exterior Temperature Display, Gear Shift Indicator, Tachometer, Interior Lamps, Armrests, With Storage Boxes, Fabric Seat Trim.
Mitsubishi L200 Exterior: Alloy Wheels, Fog Lights, Spotlights, Tinted Glass, Front Bumpers, Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Handles, Front Grille, Privacy Glass, Rear Bar, Side Steps, Wheelarch Extensions, Electric Folding Mirrors, Automatic Light Sensing Headlights, Keyless Operation System, Rear Body Inner Hooks, Skid Plate, Spare Wheel, Auto Rain Sensing Wipers, Roof Mounted Aerial.
5. Available Color Options of Mitsubishi L200 in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Gray, Black
For Exterior: Black Mica, Eisen Gray Mica, Cool Silver Metallic, Deep Blue Mica, Grayish Brown Metallic, Red Solid, Sparkle Gold Metallic, White Solid
6. Safety Rating and Associated Features of the Mitsubishi L200
The safety is an important aspect that has not been forgotten when designing the Mitsubishi L200 with this pickup offering a wide range of features to keep its occupants safe while on the road.
- Airbags (X7) Front, Side, Curtain & Knee
- Central Door Locking
- Alarm, Thatcham Cat 1
- Steering Lock
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability & Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- Childproof Rear Door Locks
- Disc Brakes, Ventilated Front
- Drum Brakes, Rear
- Emergency Stop Signal System
- High-Mount Stop Lamp, Rear
- Hill Start Assist
- ISO-Fix Child Seat Mountings, 2nd Row X2
- Lane Departure Warning System
- RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) System
- Seatbelt Warning Lamp
- Side Impact Door Bars
- Trailer Stability Assist
7. Standout Elements of the Mitsubishi L200
The unique selling point of the Mitsubishi L200 throughout its four generations in Sri Lanka has been its ruggedness, durability and off road capability.
Mitsubishi has included more safety features and driving assist options in its latest offering, making the Mitsubishi L200 a worthy contender in the pickup truck market in Sri Lanka.
8. Mitsubishi L200, Compared to Other High-Featured Utility Vehicles in Sri Lanka
It is possible to compare the Mitsubishi L200 with other similar models from competing brands such as the Toyota Hilux, the Nissan Navara and the Ford Ranger.
Mitsubishi L200 vs. Toyota Hilux - The L200 has a higher seating capacity compared to the Hilux
Mitsubishi L200 vs. Nissan Navara - The L200 has a higher top speed compared to the Navara
Mitsubishi L200 vs. Ford Ranger - The L200 has better spare part availability compared to the Ranger
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Mitsubishi L200
Before considering buying this vehicle in the Sri Lankan market, it is best to consider the following facts that will help you to formulate a better buying decision.
- Very spacious interior for its class
- Outstanding cargo moving capability
- Superb fuel economy
- Advanced comfort and safety features
- Availability of spare parts
One of the notable disadvantages of the Mitsubishi L200 is its larger bulky build. While this may be a turnoff for those who prefer smaller size vehicles, the Mitsubishi L200 does provide a bigger space for cargo transporting in the long term.
Apart from that, the Mitsubishi L200 is offered to a relatively higher price margin in Sri Lanka due to higher import taxes. While this might make it a difficult buy for some middle class buyers, it should also be noted that the L200 provides a wide range of facilities to its passengers.
10. Where to Find a Mitsubishi L200 for Sale in Sri Lanka?
As of 2016, for a vehicle buyer who is searching for a Mitsubishi L200 pickup from the local market can do so by getting in contact with the authorized agent for the Mitsubishi vehicle brand in Sri Lanka, the United Motors Lanka PLC, which is located in Colombo. Apart from that, a used or reconditioned model can also be obtained through a third party reseller, who is located within a city mentioned below.
Discover the Selection of Mitsubishi L200 for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Reconditioned and Used Mitsubishi L200 in Colombo
Reconditioned and Used Mitsubishi L200 in Kandy
Reconditioned and Used Mitsubishi L200 in Gampaha
Mitsubishi L200 Price in Sri Lanka
If you intend to buy a second generation Mitsubishi L200 in Sri Lanka, you will come across many options in Colombo and the suburbs. Prices for this particular model will range from 1.0 - 2.0 Million Rupees based on the year of manufacture and the condition of the pickup. Fourth generation Mitsubishi L200 models are easier to come by and can be found in most parts of Sri Lanka. The prices range from 3.5 - 4.8 Million Rupees based on the year of manufacture and its trim level.
Mitsubishi L200 Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Mitsubishi L200 (As Of 2016)
- Mitsubishi L200 1991: Rs. 1,150,000
- Mitsubishi L200 1992: Rs. 1,565,000
- Mitsubishi L200 1994: Rs. 1,675,000
- Mitsubishi L200 1995: Rs. 1,750,000
- Mitsubishi L200 1996: Rs. 1,800,000
- Mitsubishi L200 1997: Rs. 1,875,000
- Mitsubishi L200 1998: Rs. 2,300,000
- Mitsubishi L200 2000: Rs. 2,325,000
- Mitsubishi L200 2001: Rs. 2,650,000
- Mitsubishi L200 2006: Rs. 3,650,000
- Mitsubishi L200 2007: Rs. 3,800,000
- Mitsubishi L200 2008: Rs. 3,850,000
- Mitsubishi L200 2011: Rs. 4,375,000