Before the Toyota Land Cruiser became the symbol of social status, and before the Land Rover Defender became the symbol of power, the Mitsubishi “Intercooler” was the sign of power and riches. While other models have come in, and are slowly eating into the Montero’s market segment, the offering from Mitsubishi continues to be a reliable, sought-after and popular 4x4 in Sri Lanka. The Montero in general, is a full-size, five-door SUV. The newest variant brings in design cues from the older generations, as well as the Mitsubishi Pajero evolution Paris-Dakar edition. The vehicle has become more muscular and curved from its earlier boxy appearance. The three-door version, mainly badged as the Pajero, is also available with the V6 petrol engine, but remains a niche product amongst serious 4x4 enthusiasts.
The Mitsubishi Montero is a popular SUV available in Sri Lanka, as a leading choice for a 4x4 vehicle and a full-size SUV. The Montero, and it’s earlier model name Mitsubishi Pajero has long being one of the top choices for an SUV for affluent Sri Lankans, sportsmen, politicians and business people, long before the SUV market became more open to and overtaken by other brands like the Kia, Land Rover and Jeep. All generations of the Montero are available in Sri Lanka, from the first generation 1980s model, all the way to the fourth generation V80 model. These are available for buying throughout the country, as the Pajero, Montero or as the rarer euro-spec Shogun model. The series has over the years, had a large selection of engines. The first two generations of the vehicle were predominantly diesel. First generation of the vehicle popularly came with a 2.5 L inline four. However, it is the second-generation model, with its 2.8 L four-cylinder intercooler turbo, that gave the 4x4 its nickname, the intercooler.
The New Mitsubishi Montero 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Mitsubishi Montero 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Mitsubishi Montero 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The Mitsubishi Montero 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with improvements to its drivetrain and interior space.
- Improved Taller Front Facia
- Advanced 8-Speed Automatic Gearbox Option
- Overall Spacious Interior Form Factor
- Newly Revamped Petrol Engine Version
What are New Mitsubishi Montero 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Mitsubishi Montero 2016 stands out from the rest of the crowd with upgraded safety and convenience features.
- High Ground Clearance at 218 mm
- Revamped Revolutionary Centre Console
- Touchscreen AV System with a Rear Monitor
- Electronic Parking Brake Function
What are Mitsubishi Montero 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Mitsubishi Montero 2016 offers a completely redesigned layout to its front and the rear side.
- An Overall Masculine Designed Theme
- Sharper Aerodynamic Front Grill
- Tall Belt-Line Rear Stoplights
- Taller Tailgate Design
What is the Mitsubishi Montero 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The Mitsubishi Montero 2016 price in Sri Lanka will be subject to the local distributor and the optional trim offered.
- Mitsubishi Montero 2016: Rs. 15,700,000
- Mitsubishi Montero DID GLS 2016: Rs. 16,000,000
Mitsubishi Montero Review in Sri Lanka
Mitsubishi Montero Engine Specifications and Performance
The Mitsubishi Montero is one of the most powerful SUV models available in Sri Lanka and therefore comes with advanced features to improve its power train. The newer Mitsubishi Montero V80 comes with a selection of diesel and petrol engines, (a 2.8 L inline-four and a 3.2 L inline four diesel). All three petrol variants of the V80, being the 3.0 L, 3.5 L and the 3.8 L are V6 versions. Power is delivered to the wheels, generally, via a five-speed automatic transmission with Super Select 4WD, and active stability control. The rear is equipped with a locking differential, for off-road performance. Due to the advanced engine specifications of the Mitsubishi Montero, the SUV is capable of producing a considerable level of power, which is more than 120 kW and 373 Nm of torque, allowing the Mitsubishi Montero to reach a top speed of around 175 km/h on the highways seen here in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 2.8 L/ 3.0 L/ 3.2 L/ 3.5 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: 5-Speed Auto Transmission INVECS-II with Sports Mode, Shift Lock with Key Inter Lock
- Maximum Output: 121 kW @ 3,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 373 Nm @ 2,000 rpm
- Top Speed: 174 km/h
Mitsubishi Montero Fuel Efficiency
Montero SUVs seen in Sri Lanka are big, thirsty vehicles. Expect fuel consumption to be high, under a typical combined drive cycle. What you get in return is a capable off-roader with decent on-road handling. Powered by mostly Diesel with some petrol engines, the Mitsubishi Montero also has a bigger 88 L fuel tank, for a longer range on the roads of Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol/ Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded (Petrol)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 88 L
- CO2 Emissions: 246.0 g/km
New Mitsubishi Montero Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Mitsubishi Montero 2016: 9.5 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2015: 8.8 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2014: 9.1 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2013: 8.3 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2012: 8.4 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2011: 9.0 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Mitsubishi Montero Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Mitsubishi Montero 2010: 7.9 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2009: 6.8 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2008: 8.1 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2007: 7.0 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2006: 6.6 km/l
- Mitsubishi Montero 2005: 6.3 km/l
Mitsubishi Montero Features
Mitsubishi Montero Convenience and Entertainment Features
Since it is a luxury grade vehicle, the Mitsubishi Montero offers a wide range of convenience features for its passengers.
- On-Board Hard-Drive
- Navigation System
- Power Windows
- Glove Box
- Sun Visors
- Vanity Mirror
Mitsubishi Montero Safety Features
The safety is one of the key selling points of the Mitsubishi Montero. The SUV is offered with a diverse range of safety related features to keep its occupants safe for the ride.
- Driver Airbags
- Side Airbags
- Active Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- Anti-Lock Braking System
The Design of Mitsubishi Montero
Mitsubishi Montero Interior Design Elements
The Mitsubishi Montero has a very modern interior equipped with an array of advanced interior design elements.
- Cup Holders
- Heated Seats
- Door inside Handles
- Leather Seat
- Third Row Seats
Mitsubishi Montero Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Mitsubishi Montero is a clear example of Mitsubishi’s design capabilities and comes with a range of elements to make its luxury statement.
- Fuel Tank Protector
- Side Garnish
- Wheel Cut Molding
- Back Door Garnish
- Chrome Plated Radiator Grill
- Chrome Door outside Handles
Mitsubishi Montero Color Options
The Mitsubishi Montero offers a wide variety of color options in both its interior as well as exterior.
- Warm White Mica
- White Solid
- Black Mica
- Cool Silver Metallic
- Platinum Beige Metallic
- Deep Sea Green Mica
Mitsubishi Montero, Compared to Other High-Featured SUV’s in Sri Lanka
Since it is a high end SUV, the Mitsubishi Montero can be compared with other similar models from competing brands such as the Toyota Land Cruiser, the Honda CR-V and the Mitsubishi Outlander.
- Mitsubishi Montero vs. Toyota Land Cruiser - The Montero is cheaper in price compared to the Land Cruiser
- Mitsubishi Montero vs. Honda CR-V - The Montero can achieve a longer range when compared to the CR-V
- Mitsubishi Montero vs. Mitsubishi Outlander - The Montero has a more powerful engine if compared to the Outlander
Key Reasons to Buy a Mitsubishi Montero
If a buyer is considering buying the Mitsubishi Montero SUV, then it is also best to look at the following pros and cons of this vehicle for a better buying decision in the near future.
Mitsubishi Montero Advantages
- Easy availability of spare parts across the country
- Excellent safety and security features
- Roomy interior for the passengers
- Very high aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
Mitsubishi Montero Disadvantages
- One of the most notable disadvantages of the Mitsubishi Montero is its very high price margin in Sri Lanka
- Another aspect that should be mentioned is the below average fuel economy of this vehicle
Mitsubishi Montero Price List in Sri Lanka
To learn more about the Mitsubishi Montero price in Sri Lanka, you can check out our Mitsubishi Montero price list as given below.
Mitsubishi Montero Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Mitsubishi Montero Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mitsubishi Montero 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 15,700,000
- Mitsubishi Montero DID GLS 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 14,950,000
- Mitsubishi Montero Diesel GLS 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 13,800,000
- Mitsubishi Montero DID GLS 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 11,800,000
- Mitsubishi Montero 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 11,700,000
- Mitsubishi Montero 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,500,000
Used Mitsubishi Montero Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Mitsubishi Montero 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,500,000
- Mitsubishi Montero 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,350,000
- Mitsubishi Montero 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,100,000
- Mitsubishi Montero GLS 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,775,000
- Mitsubishi Montero 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,950,000
- Mitsubishi Montero 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,550,000
Where to Find Mitsubishi Montero Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
As of 2015, the best possible option available for buying a Mitsubishi Montero is to obtain it directly from the authorized distributor for the Mitsubishi brand in Sri Lanka, the United Motors Lanka PLC. Nevertheless, the vehicle is also available from prominent third party distributors who are based in major cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Mitsubishi Montero Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Mitsubishi Montero Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year