New and Used Nissan for Sale in Sri Lanka
Nissan Vehicles in Srinka
First founded in 1933, the Nissan Motor Company Ltd had one of the most colorful stories in the automotive industry, and is now one of the largest automobile manufacturers in the world. Based in Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Japan, the company produces vehicles under three brands that includes Nissan itself as well as Infiniti and Datsun. During the 1950s, it started producing cars for mainstream production and they were soon exported worldwide. Some of the remarkable products of Nissan are the Z-car, a less expensive sports car and the GT-R, a powerful sports car with an all-wheel drivetrain. Today Nissan, like most Japanese carmakers have also developed a number of fuel-efficient small cars or kei cars. The auto company has also collaborated with other car manufacturers to produce Nissan vehicles, such as with the Dongfeng Motor when the two created the Nissan Grand Livina.
The Japanese automaker Nissan is a common marque of vehicles available in Sri Lanka, and the company’s cars, pickups, 4x4s and vans are quite popular models in the country. Spanning from old Datsun models, to newer high-end sports cars from the brand, a wide selection of vehicles can be bought in the island. In general, Nissan has a long history within our country. Datsun pickups can still be seen running around, and older Nissan Sunny models are still identified with doctors (the 1991 B13 model was popular among the medical community due to taxation reasons). Nissan’s all-electric Leaf is also the first mass-market all-electric road car to be sold in Sri Lanka at a consumer level.
Associated Motorways (AMW), Sri Lanka’s Nissan merchant, is one of the oldest and most mature dealers in the country. Most models are available through the dealer, even though some trims would have to be ordered and separately delivered. Spare parts are widely available across the country, both through the dealer and through independent importers, who have competent mechanics to diagnose a car. Nissan’s have been available in the country for such a long time, even roadside mechanics are able to perform basic repairs.
What Are the Best Selling Nissan Models in Sri Lanka?
These are the most popular Nissan vehicles (Sedans, Subcompacts, Hatchbacks, Crossovers, SUV’s, MPV’s and Vans etc.), for sale in Sri Lanka.
Nissan’s answer to Toyota’s RAV4 was the mid-size soft roader, the X-Trail. Even though the vehicle is not a fully capable off roader, it will give drivers the commanding driving position of a SUV, with the driving dynamics of a mid-sized car. It is powered by a 2.0 L DOHC 4-cylinder engine that uses a six-speed manual transmission to move it forward, and has reported an overall fuel efficiency of around 10 km/l on a combined driving cycle.
To learn more about the Nissan X-Trail, check out our review at Carmudi.lk.
Nissan X-Trail Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Nissan X-Trail?
- Nissan X-Trail 2016: 8.4 km/l
- Nissan X-Trail 2015: 10.2 km/l
- Nissan X-Trail 2014: 14.5 km/l
- Nissan X-Trail 2013: 10.0 km/l
What are Nissan X-Trail Features?
- Bottle Holders
- Sunglasses Holder
- Glove Box
- Interior Lighting
What are the Engine Specifications of Nissan X-Trail?
- Engine Type: 4-cylinder in-line DOHC
- Base Engine Size: 2.0 L
- Maximum Output: 126 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 226 Nm @ 4400 rpm
Price of the Nissan X-Trail in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan X-Trail Pure Drive 2016: Rs. 9,400,000
- Nissan X-Trail Hybrid 4WD 2015: Rs. 9,100,000
- Nissan X-Trail 2014: Rs. 7,450,000
- Nissan X-Trail 2013: Rs. 6,550,000
The Leaf from Nissan has a unique place in Sri Lanka’s vehicle market, since it is the country’s first mass manufactured fully electric car. It is a mid-size hatchback, which offers plenty of interior space for its driver as well as the passengers. Powered by an 80 kW motor and a 24 kWh lithium-ion battery, the Leaf is capable of achieving a fuel efficiency of around 50 km/l, under conventional Petrol-fuel based driving standards.
If you would like to know more about the Nissan Leaf, then read our review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Nissan Leaf Hybrid Model: Not Available (Fully electric)
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Nissan Leaf?
- Nissan Leaf 2016: 50 km/l (equivalent)
- Nissan Leaf 2015: 50 km/l (equivalent)
- Nissan Leaf 2014: 50 km/l (equivalent)
- Nissan Leaf 2013: 50 km/l (equivalent)
What are Nissan Leaf Features?
- 7-Inch QVGA Color Monitor
- Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System
- Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)
What are the Engine Specifications of Nissan Leaf?
- Engine Type: AC Synchronous Electric Motor Engine
- Base Engine Size: 80 kW Motor
- Maximum Output: 80 kW
- Maximum Torque: 187 Nm
Price of the Nissan Leaf in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Leaf Tekna 2016: Rs. 4,500,000
- Nissan Leaf Tekna 2015: Rs. 4,200,000
- Nissan Leaf X Grade 2014: Rs. 3,950,000
- Nissan Leaf Tekna 2013: Rs. 3,600,000
The Nissan Sunny’s B13 model was the choice for many professionals, due to it sitting perfectly within Sri Lanka’s tax exemption bracket (the duty-free permit). Whilst this is no longer the case, the Nissan Sunny in Sri Lanka is still an extremely popular midsize sedan, especially among the countries rising middle class. An engine that may range from a 1.5 L to 2.0 L inline powers the current iteration of this popular car and due to its efficiency has a good fuel economy with around 13 km/l on the islands rough roads.
To learn more about the Nissan Sunny, you can look at our review at Carmudi.lk.
Nissan Sunny Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Nissan Sunny?
- Nissan Sunny 2016: 13.1 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2015: 12.9 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2014: 12.8 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2013: 11.7 km/l
What are Nissan Sunny Features?
- Steering Controls
- Multi-Information Display
- Anti-Dazzling Room Mirror
- Steering Tilt Adjustment
What are the Engine Specifications of Nissan Sunny?
- Engine Type: inline DOHC
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 73 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 134 Nm @ 4000 rpm
Price of the Nissan Sunny in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Sunny 2016: Rs. 5,800,000
- Nissan Sunny 2015: Rs. 5,250,000
- Nissan Sunny N17 2014 2014: Rs. 4,800,000
- Nissan Sunny 2013: Rs. 4,710,000
The Caravan, which is a utility van from Nissan is a highly sort after utility vehicle, especially among the countries small-scale business owners. It is one of the few competitors to the Toyota HiAce sold in Sri Lanka. Many Sri Lankan’s prefer the Caravan due to the high level of features being offered, yet to a lesser price range compared to the offering from Toyota. The van is driven by a powerful 2.5 L, 2.7 L or 3.0 L 04-cylinder engine, which uses a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission to power its drive train.
If you would also like to learn more about the Nissan Caravan, try reading our review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Nissan Caravan Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Nissan Caravan?
- Nissan Caravan 2016: 12.2 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2015: 12.1 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2014: 11.7 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2013: 12.0 km/l
What are Nissan Caravan Features?
- AM/ FM Stereo
- Auxiliary Input
- Navigation System
- Multifunctional Display
What are the Engine Specifications of Nissan Caravan?
- Engine Type: Intercooler Turbo Diesel 4-cylinder in-line DOCH
- Base Engine Size: 2.0 L
- Maximum Output: 95 kW @ 3200 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 356 Nm @ 2000 rpm
Price of the Nissan Caravan in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Caravan NV350 Premium GX 2016: Rs. 9,000,000
- Nissan Caravan 2015: Rs. 8,650,000
- Nissan Caravan NV350 2014: Rs. 8,400,000
- Nissan Caravan NV350 2013: Rs. 7,250,000
Other notable Nissan models found in Sri Lanka includes the Nissan AD Wagon, the Nissan Cefiro, Nissan Sylphy, Nissan Serena, Nissan Navara, Nissan FB15, Nissan Vanette, Nissan March, Nissan Wingroad, Nissan Bluebird, Nissan Patrol, Nissan Tiida, Nissan Dualis, Nissan Clipper, Nissan Primera and the Nissan Pulsar.
Nissan Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
Similar to most vehicle manufacturers, Nissan has also invested in Hybrid technology to power some of its vehicles, to make them more competitive in the international market. This has led to the development of a number of vehicles that include the Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid, the Nissan Altima Hybrid, Nissan Rogue Hybrid as well as the Nissan X-Trail Hybrid in various markets around the world. From these the Nissan X-Trail Hybrid is available within the local market, and can be bought through the authorized distributor as well as through other third party suppliers.
Nissan X-Trail Hybrid: A combined fuel economy of around 18.6 km/l under tested conditions
Availability of Nissan Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
The Associated Motorways (Pvt) Ltd, which also acts as the official distributor for Yamaha, Renualt and Suzuki vehicles, are also the authorized distributors for Nissan branded vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. However, for those who want to buy a Nissan can also search through the dozens of third party resellers, who are based in prominent cities island wide.
Discover the Selection of Nissan Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Nissan Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Nissan in Sri Lanka
- Most modern Nissans have a sporty design of sedans, which are influenced from its racing pedigree
- Outstanding automotive technology, which is comparable with all other automakers, such as the Xtronic CVT
- Highly acclaimed safety features to protect its passengers that includes the Nissan Safety Shield technology
- Highly affordable price, compared to the level of facilities offered, making it an ideal choice for Sri Lanka’s middle class families
- Long history of vehicle reliability, which gives a good assurance for the buyers to invest in a Nissan car
Did You Know?
Nissan has a mutually beneficial partnership with the French car manufacturer Renault, with both companies investing in shares of each other. However, Renault has a higher percentage of shares on Nissan than Nissan does on Renault.