Nissan Bluebird for Sale in Sri Lanka
Nissan Bluebird Review
The Nissan Bluebird was one of Nissans longest running nameplates, which has been in existence from 1957 - 2001. The Nissan Bluebird in Sri Lanka is synonymous with dependability and durability and was positioned to take on the Toyota Corona head to head. Whilst all the Nissan Bluebird models can be found in Sri Lanka, the most common would be the U14, which was produced from 1996 to 2001. The Nissan Bluebird U14 is truly a common sight in Colombo and indeed wider Sri Lanka, since a fair share of these cars were brought in to the country as brand new or reconditioned models.
Nissan Bluebird U14 models in Sri Lanka were marketed as up-market sedans, therefore options such as Air Conditioning, Power Shutters, Power Mirrors, Radio/CD Player and Dual SRS Airbags came in as standard features. Nissan also included ABS (Anti-lock-Braking system) as part of the standard package. Different interior trims were available for this car and a sunroof was similarly available for the higher spec models.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Nissan Bluebird
1. History and Facts about Nissan Bluebird in Sri Lanka
The Nissan Bluebird U14 in Sri Lanka is a car that was very easy on the eye and remains relevant. The design was based on boxy styling and the car has some characterful design cues that gave it an unmistakable presence on the road. The U14 was identical to the U13 in length and width; however, the designers were able to provide better cabin space in the U14. The improved aerodynamics of the Nissan Bluebird U14 resulted in better handling be it at lower of high speeds.
The Nissan Bluebird is a dependable and durable car, which has adapted to Sri Lankan conditions very well. If you are in the market for a second-hand car in Sri Lanka and your budget does not extend beyond 2 million Rupees, the Bluebird will definitely be a sedan worth considering. The car is easy to maintain, with readily available spare parts offered by both the agent as well as other retailers.
2. Nissan Bluebird Specifications and Performance
The Nissan Bluebird is presented with an admirable level of engine related specifications to power its drivetrain on the tough roads seen in Sri Lanka.
Nissan Bluebird Engine Specs
- Type: DOHC-I4 (SR20DE)
- Size: 1.8 L/ 2.0 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 10.00:1
- Maximum Output: 111.9 kW @ 6100 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 181 Nm @ 4800 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed manual/ 4-speed automatic/ 6-speed CVT
- Top Speed: 201 km/h
- Acceleration: 9.20 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Power Assisted Rack and Pinion
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Multiple link/ Strut
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated Discs/ Drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4565 mm x 1695 mm x 1395 mm
- Curb Weight: 1,190 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-seats
3. Nissan Bluebird Fuel Consumption
The Nissan Bluebird in Sri Lanka is available with both diesel and petrol engines. Buyers had the option of choosing either a 1.8 L or a 2.0 L drivetrain. These were fitted with either a 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic or a 6-Speed CVT. However though, the latter configuration is a rarity in Sri Lanka.
This sedan has recorded inner city fuel economy figures ranging from 8-10 km/l whilst users have managed to get between 12-14 km/l for long distance trips. One might argue that this is in no means frugal, but these figures are quite impressive considering the engine capacities of the Nissan Bluebird cars.
Fuel Category: Petrol
Recommended Fuel Type: A-95 (Petrol)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 L
CO2 Emissions: 147 g/km
4. The Design and Features of the Nissan Bluebird
The Nissan Bluebird has been a classic transporter and as such, has an overall design to accommodate this primary task. The exterior looks of the car is not very sporty like, but rather more productive with plane edges and a longer hood. This is followed by the tall cabin space in the middle that provides room for five full-grown adults and ends with a slightly longer trunk space fir simple cargo transporting purposes. The interior however, is much more innovatively built and provides an assortment of comfort and accessibility features to keep the passengers occupied for a longer ride on busy local roads.
Nissan Bluebird Interior: Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, CD Audio System, Cup Holders, DVD Player, Wood Panel, Cruise Control, Power Window, Steering Wheel Tilt, Leather Steering Wheel, Audio Deck, Car Navigation System, Woody Console, Reading Lamps, Sunglasses Storage, Trunk Ratch Opener, Leather Seats, Center Armrest, Electric Power Steering, Tachometer.
Nissan Bluebird Exterior: Alloy Wheels, Front Fog Lamp, Xenon Headlight, Rear Wiper, Roof Spoiler, UV Cutting Glass, Auto Head, Electric Side Mirror, FR Wiper Variable Intermittent, Parking Sensor.
5. Available Color Options of Nissan Bluebird in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Black, Beige, and Gray
For Exterior: Black, White, Bluish Grey PM, Platinum Silver M, Active Red, White Pearl Two-Tone
6. Safety Rating and Associated Features of the Nissan Bluebird
For being a passenger-carrying sedan, the Nissan Bluebird comes with a wide range of safety and security features to keep its occupants safe for the journey.
- Driver Airbags
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electric Brake - Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
- Child Seat Fixed With Seat Belt
- Rear ELR3 Point Seat Belt
- Seat Pretensioner Seat Belt
- Fourth Limited Front Seat Belt
- Side Impact Bar
- Intelligent Key
- Panic Alarm
- Anti-Theft Immobilizer
- Center Lock
- Driver Window Safety
- High Mounted Stop Lamp
- FR Active Headrest
7. Standout Elements of the Nissan Bluebird
One of the most recognizable and unique factors that makes the car standout is the build quality of the Nissan Bluebird, which was quite exceptional. Truly, it was a car built to last.
The ride comfort of the Nissan Bluebird U14 in Sri Lanka is also noteworthy since it is one of the factors, which helped this model to gain a competitive edge in the local market.
8. Nissan Bluebird, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Nissan Bluebird can be compared with other similar car models such as the Toyota Corona, the Toyota Carina and the Nissan Sunny, seen throughout Sri Lanka.
Nissan Bluebird vs. Toyota Corona - The Bluebird is slightly cheaper compared to the Corona
Nissan Bluebird vs. Toyota Carina - The Bluebird comes with a more powerful engine compared to the Carina
Nissan Bluebird vs. Nissan Sunny - The Bluebird has a faster acceleration compared to the Sunny
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Nissan Bluebird
If you are also one of the buyers who are considering buying a Nissan Bluebird car from the domestic car market, then do not forget to consider the following aspects of this vehicle as well, which will help you to arrive at a more informed purchase decision.
- Admirable interior space for five passengers
- Excellent fuel economy on local roads
- Very good comfort and convenience features
- Outstanding safety features for the price range
- High aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
By far the most noticeable disadvantage of this car is that it is no longer in production. Even though this is the case, spare parts are still available for buying from dealers across Sri Lanka.
Apart from that, some drivers may not be satisfied with the facilities offered, particularly since some of these are outdated compared to most new vehicles. However, for the price offered, the Nissan Bluebird does provide a range of facilities that are highly productive for the riders.
10. Where to Find a Nissan Bluebird for Sale in Sri Lanka?
As of 2015, the best possible option available for buying a Nissan Bluebird car from the local market is to obtain one from the third party distributors who are selling a used or reconditioned version of this car in Sri Lanka. Some of these dealers can be found in prominent metropolitan areas mentioned below.
Discover the Selection of Nissan Bluebird for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Reconditioned and Used Nissan Bluebird in Colombo
Reconditioned and Used Nissan Bluebird in Kandy
Reconditioned and Used Nissan Bluebird in Galle
Reconditioned and Used Nissan Bluebird in Kegalle
Reconditioned and Used Nissan Bluebird in Kurunegala
Nissan Bluebird Price in Sri Lanka
If searching to buy a reconditioned or used Nissan Bluebird car in Sri Lanka, then the task would be very easy, since many of these vehicles are available for buying across the country. Used Nissan Bluebird cars will cost between 300,000 to 3.5 Million Rupees (as of 2015), based on the year of manufacture and trim level.
Nissan Bluebird Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Nissan Bluebird (As Of 2015)
- Nissan Bluebird 1980: Rs. 350,000
- Nissan Bluebird U11 1985: Rs. 385,000
- Nissan Bluebird Su 12 1989: Rs. 725,000
- Nissan Bluebird 1991: Rs. 875,000
- Nissan Bluebird Eex 1994: Rs. 1,000,000
- Nissan Bluebird 1996: Rs. 1,150,000
- Nissan Bluebird Su14 1997: Rs. 1,390,000
- Nissan Bluebird 1998: Rs. 1,500,000
- Nissan Bluebird Su14 1999: Rs. 1,525,000
- Nissan Bluebird 2000: Rs. 1,600,000
- Nissan Bluebird Sylphy 2001: Rs. 2,075,000
- Nissan Bluebird Shylphy 2002: Rs 2,300,000
- Nissan Bluebird Sylphy 2003: Rs 2,350,000
- Nissan Bluebird Sylphy G11 2006: Rs. 3,375,000
- Nissan Bluebird 2008: Rs. 3,500,000