New and Used Nissan Caravan for Sale in Sri Lanka
Nissan Caravan Carmudi User Rating
3.3 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
Nissan’s utility van, the Caravan, is a very popular van in Sri Lanka, and is a highly sought-after commercial first vehicle. The vehicle is now into its fifth generation, but older models (pre-fourth generation) are extremely difficult to find. The Caravan in Sri Lanka was available under different badges of Nissan that included the Nissan Homy and the new Nissan Urvan as well as the Isuzu Como from Isuzu Motors. The Nissan Caravan in Sri Lanka is used for a plethora of purposes, spanning from school and staff transport to an ambulance, a security vehicle and even a goods transport van. The reliability of the vehicle has given it the place that Ford Transit vans enjoy in most other countries, and the Caravan in Sri Lanka gives a good challenge to Toyota’s topnotch competitor, the Toyota HiAce.
Introduced in 1973, the Caravan, despite being a van has tremendous pulling power, and the diesel power plants that drive the vans are extremely reliable, with some fleet-vehicles still running after decades of use. Currently there are various variants of this vehicle. The basic van is a four-door version with a manual transmission, with front-air conditioning and three sets of seats. From here, everything else is built up depending on the trim. Both the fourth and fifth generation came in variants that either have five doors, a longer wheelbase, easy-loading rear tailgate, heightened roof, as well as various seating configurations. Most vans in the country have some form of aftermarket parts added. These can span from simple modifications such as new alloy wheels to complex overhauls, which includes high-end in-car entertainment systems and even fully customized bespoke seating. The natural competitor for the Caravan is Toyota’s HiAce, but the Toyota HiAce generally sits at a higher price point due to the marque’s popularity and taxation rules seen in the country.
The New Nissan Caravan 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Nissan Caravan 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Nissan Caravan 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Nissan Caravan 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with refinements to its drivetrain and convenience features.
- Improved 2.5 L Diesel Engine Version
- Extra Interior Legroom and Elbowroom Design
- New Dashboard Shift Indicator
- Improved Air-Conditioning Plan
What are New Nissan Caravan 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Nissan Caravan 2016 stands out from the rest of the competition by offering an overall refined interior.
- Standard Navigation System
- Available 18-Seat Version
- Larger Versatile Cargo Space
- Advanced 5-Door Layout
What are Nissan Caravan 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Nissan Caravan 2016 comes with a number of notable design updates to its exterior layout.
- New Plain Silver and Black Colours
- Flush Side Windows
- Shortened Overhang and an Aerodynamic Side View
- More Angled Strut Front Grille
What is the Nissan Caravan 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The Nissan Caravan 2016 price in the Sri Lankan market depends on the local importer and the optional facilities offered.
- Nissan Caravan NV350 Premium GX 2016: Rs. 8,650,000
Nissan Caravan Review in Sri Lanka
Nissan Caravan Engine Specifications and Performance
The Nissan Caravan is one of the best high capacity vans sold in Sri Lanka and is offered with a range of performance related features to efficiently move its drive train. The fourth and fifth generation vans in Sri Lanka are mostly diesel variants, and are powered by either a 2.0 L or a 2.5 L four-cylinder engine, driving the rear wheels through either a five-speed manual or a five-speed auto transmission. The latest generation of the Nissan Caravan is also powered using these same displacement configurations and has recorded a high power output of round 95 kW and an even impressive torque of around 356 Nm, giving it an excellent top speed of roughly around 180 km/h on the type of roads seen here in Sri Lanka. Even though the Caravan is a van, it also has a superb acceleration, of roughly 14 seconds (from 0 to 100 km/h), giving it all the power to tackle the busy city roads in our island.
- Size: 2.0 L/ 2.5 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic/ 5-Speed Manual
- Maximum Output: 95 kW @ 3200 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 356 Nm @ 2000 rpm
- Top Speed: 180 km/h
Nissan Caravan Fuel Efficiency
The highly powerful engine of this driving machine has not undermined its fuel economy, with the Nissan Caravan achieving a superb fuel consumption rate under a combined tested drive cycle in Sri Lanka. Even though it being a van, the Caravan comes with a relatively smaller 65 L fuel tank, though this has proven to be more than enough to tackle the commuting distances seen here.
- Fuel Category: Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 65 L
- CO2 Emissions: 227 g/km
New Nissan Caravan Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Nissan Caravan 2016: 12.5 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2015: 12.2 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2014: 11.7 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2013: 10.9 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2012: 11.8 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2011: 12.0 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Nissan Caravan Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Nissan Caravan 2010: 10.7 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2009: 11.2 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2008: 10.1 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2007: 12.1 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2006: 11.5 km/l
- Nissan Caravan 2005: 10.4 km/l
Nissan Caravan Features
Nissan Caravan Convenience and Entertainment Features
As a passenger-carrying vehicle, the Nissan Caravan does come with a wide selection of comfort and convenience features.
- AM/ FM Stereo
- Auxiliary Input
- CD Audio System
- DVD Player
- Navigation System
- iPod/ USB Compatible
Nissan Caravan Safety Features
Since one of the main functions of this vehicle is to transport passengers, the Nissan Caravan does come with a range of safety features to keep its riders safe on busy Sri Lankan roads.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Crushable Zone
- SRS Airbags
- Reverse Sensors
The Design of Nissan Caravan
Nissan Caravan Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Nissan Caravan comes with modern design features such as:
- Cup Holders
- Third Row Seats
- Multifunctional Display
- Storage Compartments
- Interior Lighting
- Multiple Row A/C Vents
Nissan Caravan Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Nissan Caravan is a clear statement to Nissan’s aesthetic capabilities and is comprised of features that includes:
- Alloy Wheels
- Fog Lights
- HID Lights
- Roof Rack
- Tinted Glass
Nissan Caravan Color Options
For being a commercial grade vehicle, the Nissan Caravan offers a number of distinctive colors.
- Dual-Tone Black (Interior)
- Silver Metallic
- Gray Metallic
- Dark Brownish Gray
Nissan Caravan, Compared to Other High-Featured Vans in Sri Lanka
As a high-end van, the Nissan Caravan can be compared with the Toyota HiAce, the Toyota TownAce and the Mazda Bongo, which are highly popular van models sold in Sri Lanka.
- Nissan Caravan vs. Toyota HiAce - The Caravan has a higher acceleration when compared with the HiAce
- Nissan Caravan vs. Toyota TownAce - The Caravan has a more powerful engine if compared with the TownAce
- Nissan Caravan vs. Mazda Bongo - The Caravan has better spare part availability if compared with the Bongo
Key Reasons to Buy a Nissan Caravan
If you are a buyer who is considering to buy a Nissan Caravan, then consider the below aspects of this vehicle that can be a help for you to make a more informed buying decision.
Nissan Caravan Advantages
- Outstanding engine performance
- High passenger carrying capacity
- Easy availability of spare parts
- Excellent aftermarket value
Nissan Caravan Disadvantages
- Some drivers might not find the infotainment system of this vehicle to be at a satisfying level for high-end purposes
- Another disadvantage of this vehicle is its relatively high price margin, especially within the Sri Lankan market
Nissan Caravan Price List in Sri Lanka
If you are searching for a Nissan Caravan for sale in Sri Lanka, then check our Nissan Caravan price list as mentioned below.
Nissan Caravan Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Nissan Caravan Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Caravan NV350 Premium GX 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,650,000
- Nissan Caravan NV350 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,550,000
- Nissan CARAVAN NV350 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,200,000
- Nissan Caravan GX 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,950,000
- Nissan Caravan GX Premium 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,800,000
- Nissan Caravan 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,420,000
Used Nissan Caravan Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Caravan 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,200,000
- Nissan Caravan 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,950,000
- Nissan Caravan E25 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,100,000
- Nissan Caravan 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,900,000
- Nissan Caravan (E25) 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs: 5,230,000
- Nissan Caravan E25 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,000,000
Where to Find Nissan Caravan Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
One of the best places to buy a brand-new Nissan Caravan (also called Nissan Urvan) is the authorized distributor for Nissan vehicles in Sri Lanka, the Associated Motorways (Private) Limited. However, for a buyer who would like to explore more options, can also get in contact with prominent third party suppliers who are located in prominent cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Nissan Caravan Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Nissan Caravan Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year