New and Used Nissan Sunny for Sale in Sri Lanka
First introduced 50 years ago in 1966, the Sunny, which was manufactured by the Nissan Motor Company, is one of the most legendary sedan type vehicles ever to be sold in Sri Lanka. From the 1985 Sunny FB12 onwards, all models are available in the country. The FB13, from 1991, became known as the Nissan Doctor Sunny because the vehicle found popularity among doctors (for whom, the car fitted perfectly well into the tax-exemption category). The Sunny got even bigger and beefier with the FB14 of 1995, then by the FB15 it got a more modern boxy look. By the Sunny N16 model, the car got bigger and bolder again, in mid-2000. The Sunny is a perfect subcompact in Sri Lanka, with a better price point for purchasing than that of the Toyota Corolla. Spares and servicing are available throughout, and residual values of the car remain strong. The vehicle is a reliable, stable and comfortable mid-size sedan for drivers looking for a good daily commuting machine.
The Nissan Sunny is a staple and a favorite among office and rental fleets, and has performed well over the years as a reliable and popular family car. The looks of the Nissan Sunny is conservative, and has slowly evolved from the older FB12 models. The N16 model is beefier and bigger, and it is not hard to see why Nissan has treaded onto Toyota Corolla's territory through the years. Features such as Air conditioning, power mirrors and power windows, along with central locking, ABS and airbags are widely available standard options on newer cars, as well as automatic transmission boxes. Since the cars have gone through several iterations of body and model changes, the options list is vast and varied. Most of the older models have five-speed manual transmission, with the newer cars Sunny FB14 onwards also finding the four-speed automatic transmission to be a popular option.
The New Nissan Sunny 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Nissan Sunny 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Nissan Sunny 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The brand new Nissan Sunny 2016 compared to the 2015 model offers updates to its drivetrain and overall safety.
- Newly Refined Diesel Engine Version
- Improved Fuel Economy
- New Mirror-Mounted Indicators
- Refined Wheel Design
What are New Nissan Sunny 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Nissan Sunny 2016 stands out from its competition by providing innovative features for the driver and the passengers.
- Advance CVT Transmission
- Upgraded Three-Spoke Steering Wheel Layout
- Bigger and Improved Interior Space
- Enhanced Rear Side Parking Sensors
What are Nissan Sunny 2016 Design Updates?
The new Nissan Sunny 2016 comes with a number of new colour options and design updates to its front exterior.
- New Pearl Colour Options
- New Boomerang-Shaped Headlights
- Larger Bolder Looking Grille
- Chrome Inserted Front Lip
What is the Nissan Sunny 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Nissan Sunny 2016 price in Sri Lanka is subject to the local importer and other optional features offered.
- Nissan Sunny 2016: Rs. 5,800,000
Nissan Sunny Review in Sri Lanka
Nissan Sunny Engine Specifications and Performance
The Nissan Sunny is a midrange performer when it comes to engine specs and has a number of features to handle most commuting needs of a classic Sri Lankan family. The engine of a Nissan Sunny car vary between the models, but expect to find a 1.3 L inline four cylinder or a 1.5 L inline four cylinder powering the petrol cars, whilst a 1.5 L turbo or a 2.0 L normally aspirated engine powering the diesel cars. They offer plenty of usable performance for the lightweight Sunny, while still maintaining a good running performance in terms of fuel efficiency. The moderate engine size of the Nissan Sunny however, has the capability to produce a considerable amount of power, with a maximum output of around 73 kW and a maximum torque of around 134 Nm, allowing it to achieve a reasonably high top speed of around 175 km/h on the type of highways seen here in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 1.3 l/ 1.5 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual/ CVT
- Maximum Output: 73 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 134 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Top Speed: 175 km/h
Nissan Sunny Fuel Efficiency
The Sunny is an extremely reliable and fuel efficient vehicle, and is capable of delivering an excellent fuel economy in a mixed running condition with a soft driving-style. A petrol engine powers the majority of the Nissan Sunny cars, and comes with a moderate size 41 L fuel tank, which is enough to tackle the distances seen in our island.
- Fuel Category: Petrol/ Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded (Petrol)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 41 L
- CO2 Emissions: 185.9 g/km
New Nissan Sunny Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Nissan Sunny 2016: 13.0 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2015: 11.7 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2014: 13.4 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2013: 12.5 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2012: 12.7 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2011: 9.1 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Nissan Sunny Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Nissan Sunny 2010: 11.2 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2009: 10.4 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2008: 7.5 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2007: 8.9 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2006: 10.1 km/l
- Nissan Sunny 2005: 9.5 km/l
Nissan Sunny Features
Nissan Sunny Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Nissan Sunny offers an array of convenience features for both its driver as well as passengers.
- Audio Controls
- Steering Controls
- Multi-Information Display
- Drive Computer
- Digital Clock
- Anti-Dazzling Room Mirror
Nissan Sunny Safety Features
The safety is an important aspect for any vehicle buyer and the Nissan Sunny does not back down on the safety department, offering a range of features to keep you and your family safe on busy city roads.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- SRS Dual Airbags
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Comprehensive Seatbelts
- High-Mounted Rear Stop Lamp
The Design of Nissan Sunny
Nissan Sunny Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Nissan Sunny is equipped with a wide range of facilities to keep its passengers relaxed, and has options that includes:
- Cup Holders
- Item Storage
- Assist Grip
- Bottle Holders
- Steering Tilt Adjustment
- Accessory Socket
Nissan Sunny Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Sunny is a noticeable sight on Sri Lankan roads and comes with design elements such as:
- Short Antenna
- Green Tinted Glass
- Chrome Grille
- Door Handles
- Roof Mounted Antenna
- Body-Colored Bumpers
Nissan Sunny Color Options
The Nissan Sunny comes with a number of color options for both its interior as well as exterior.
- Onyx Black
- Brick Red (M)
- Bronze Gray (TM)
- Blade Silver (M)
- Storm White (QM1)
Nissan Sunny, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Sunny can easily be compared with the Mazda 3, the Honda City and the Mitsubishi Lancer, which are all well received vehicle models in Sri Lanka.
- Nissan Sunny vs. Mazda 3 - The Sunny has better acceleration when compared with the Mazda 3
- Nissan Sunny vs. Honda City - The Sunny has a higher fuel capacity when compared with the City
- Nissan Sunny vs. Mitsubishi Lancer - The Sunny is cheaper in price when compared with the Lancer
Key Reasons to Buy a Nissan Sunny
Any buyer who is considering purchasing a Nissan Sunny should also consider the following pros and cons to have a better understanding of his or her future buying decision.
Nissan Sunny Advantages
- Very good fuel economy for a midrange car
- Outstanding value for money
- Good aftermarket value for older models
- Wide availability of spare parts throughout Sri Lanka
Nissan Sunny Disadvantages
- The infotainment system offered by the Nissan Sunny might be a bit lacking
- Another minor disadvantage of this vehicle might be the fact that it is slightly a bit expensive in price
Nissan Sunny Price List in Sri Lanka
To learn more about the Nissan Sunny price in Sri Lanka you can check out our detailed pricelist as given below.Nissan Sunny Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Nissan Sunny Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Sunny 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,800,000
- Nissan Sunny 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,540,000
- Nissan Sunny N17 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,800,000
- Nissan Sunny 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,550,000
- Nissan Sunny 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,720,000
- Nissan Sunny N17 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,400,000
Used Nissan Sunny Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Nissan Sunny Saloon N17 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,095,000
- Nissan Sunny N17 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,710,000
- Nissan Sunny 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,630,000
- Nissan Sunny 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,550,000
- Nissan Sunny N16 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,325,000
- Nissan Sunny FB15 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,175,000
Where to Find Nissan Sunny Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
For most Nissan vehicles, especially the brand new ones, the go to place is the Associated Motorways (Private) Limited, which is the authorized distributor for Nissan vehicle sold in the country. However, for a typical buyer who is looking to buy a Nissan Sunny can also contact popular third party dealers, who are conducting businesses while being based in prominent cities throughout Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Nissan Sunny Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Nissan Sunny Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year