Nissan Tiida for Sale in Sri Lanka
Nissan Tiida Review
The beauty of the Tiida's exterior is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Nissan has incorporated a Wide and Low stance with smooth flowing character lines whilst including Smoked headlamps and alloy wheels for good measure. However, this equation has not paid off on many counts since the result is a design that looks very dated. If you were in the market for a head turner, the Tiida would probably not be your first option, though the red and black versions do some justice to the design.
The interior of the Tiida has always been a plus point. Not only does it seem cozy and comfortable but it also provides Class leading cabin space and best in class legroom at the rear. Several trims are available for the Tiida, which include Teak and Walnut finishes on the dash and comfortable velvet or leather seats. Power Shutters and Power mirrors are standard on the Tiida and Nissan has thrown in ABS brakes with BA (Braking Assist) and EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution) in most trim levels resulting in better safety. Conversely, most models are equipped with only two front airbags, which might have been the cause for its safety rating which is above average.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Nissan Tiida
1. History and Facts about Nissan Tiida in Sri Lanka
The Nissan Tiida is currently in its second generation, having been introduced to the market in 2004. The car was launched as a replacement for the Nissan Pulsar in the Australasia region. Through the last decade, the Nissan Tiida has succeeded in garnering a strong mainstream following amongst Sri Lankans as a reliable family sedan, mostly due to its ability to provide apt performance whilst ensuring satisfactory levels of fuel efficiency and comfort.
The Nissan Tiida is a worthy buy if you would like to strike a balance between performance and fuel economy. The car is very dependable and parts are readily available. The drive train and the exceptional interior makes it a suitable and extremely practical family sedan, that is if you are not in the market for a car that turns heads every time you take it out for a spin. As stated previously, class-leading cabin space, best in class rear knee-room and 60/40 Split-folding seats make this stand out as a practical family sedan on the roads of Sri Lanka.
2. Nissan Tiida Specifications and Performance
The Nissan Tiida is powered using a midrange engine that is quite capable of generating the level of power needed to move its drivetrain even on tough roads.
Nissan Tiida Engine Specs
- Type: DOHC, 16 valve, 4 cylinder with CVTCS
- Size: 1.5 L/ 1.6 L/ 1.8 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.9
- Maximum Output: 93 kW @ 5,200 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 174 kW @ 4,800 rpm
- Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic with Lock-Up Torque Converter
- Top Speed: 200 km/h
- Acceleration: 8 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Power Assisted Rack and Pinion
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Independent MacPherson Struts with Stabiliser Bar/ torsion beam with coil springs
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Disc/ Drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4,450 mm x 1,695 mm x 1,535 mm
- Curb Weight: 1,162 kg
- Seating Capacity: 5-Seats
3. Nissan Tiida Fuel Consumption
Nissan Tiidas are available in 1.5, 1.6 and 1.8 L blocks and are coupled with either a 6-speed manual or a 4-Speed CVT automatic. The most popular variant in Sri Lanka is the 1.5 L automatic. The engine provides a little under 100 bhp, which is sufficient for an everyday use. The 6-speed manual gearbox provides enthusiastic performance whilst the 4-speed CVT ensures a responsive and smooth drive.
The automatic variant of the Tiida has recorded about 9.5 km/l in city limits whilst the manual does close to 14 km/l. The car does exceptionally well on long distance drives and the auto and manual models have recorded 12 km/l and 14 km/l respectively.
Fuel Category: Petrol
Recommended Fuel Type: RON91
Fuel Tank Capacity: 52 L
CO2 Emissions: 143 g/km
4. The Design and Features of the Nissan Tiida
The base design of the Nissan Tiida represents a family friendly car that comes with all the essential productive features, but with a little styling to please the eye. The car is available in both sedan and hatchback styles though the newer models are more frequently offered in the hatchback style. The front side of the car is simple yet built to an aerodynamic style and comes with a narrow long grill that has the Nissan logo embedded at the middle. The headlights are larger and sharp and the car comes with fog lamps for increased productivity. The cabin space of the Nissan Tiida is very spacious for a family oriented car and provides a wide range of comfort and convenience facilities to keep its passengers occupied for the journey.
Nissan Tiida Interior: AC Front, AC Rear, Climate Control, Cruise Control, AM/ FM Stereo, Auxiliary Input, CD Audio System, Cup Holders, DVD Player, Navigation System, iPod/ USB Compatible, Cruise Control, Remote Keyless Entry, Power Windows, Bluetooth, Dashboard Console, Leather Seat Trim, Bottle Holders, Coin Trays, Sunglasses Holder, Rear View Mirror, Vanity Mirrors, Illuminated Boot Area, Rear Window Demister, Digital Clock.
Nissan Tiida Exterior: Alloy Wheels, Front Fog Lights, HID Lights, Tinted Glass, Rear Spoiler, Front & Rear Bumpers, Power Door Mirrors, Intermittent Windscreen Wiper, Speed Sensing Wipers, Body Colored Side Skirts.
5. Available Color Options of Nissan Tiida in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Black, Gray, and Beige
For Exterior: Slate Grey (K21), Ebony (G42), Brilliant Silver (K23), Polar White (QM1), Deep Sapphire (RAA), Pacific Blue (B51)
6. Safety Rating and Associated Features of the Nissan Tiida
The safety is a factor that has been taken into consideration when designing this car and therefore provides a wide range of options to keep you and your loved ones safe for the journey.
- Driver Airbags
- Engine Immobilizer
- Front Seatbelt Pre-Tensioners with Load Limiters
- Door Ajar Warning
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Nissan Anti-Theft System Vehicle Immobilizer (NATS)
- Driver and Front Passenger SRS Airbags
- Front to Rear Curtain SRS Airbags
- Front Seatbelts with Load Limiters and Double Pretensioners
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Impact Absorbing Bumpers
- Energy Absorbing Steering Column
- Height Adjustable 3-Point Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) Front Seatbelts
- Seatbelt Warning Light
- Child Restraint Anchorage Points
- Child Rear Door Safety Locks
- High Mount Rear Stop Light
7. Standout Elements of the Nissan Tiida
What makes the Nissan Tiida stand out is undeniably its interior and the performance provided by its 1.5 L engine, giving it an excellent top speed and acceleration on the road.
In addition, navigation with a 5.8' display, rear view camera/ reverse sensors, Dual Zone Climate Control A/C, Steering Mounted controls and Bluetooth connectivity add to the car's charm.
8. Nissan Tiida, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Nissan Tiida can be compared with other similarly designed models from competing brands such as the Honda City, the Hyundai Accent and the Toyota Vios.
Nissan Tiida vs. Honda City - The Tiida comes with a more powerful engine compared to the City
Nissan Tiida vs. Hyundai Accent - The Tiida has a larger fuel capacity compared to the Accent
Nissan Tiida vs. Toyota Vios - The Tiida has a faster acceleration compared to the Vios
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Nissan Tiida
Before considering buying this car, it is best to consider the following aspects of this vehicle as well, which will help you to arrive at a more informed buying decision.
- Simple yet productive design
- Surprisingly powerful engine
- Spacious seating area
- Highly admirable fuel economy
- High aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
One of the disadvantages of the Nissan Tiida is that the authorized distributor for the Nissan vehicle brand in Sri Lanka does not offer the latest model of this car. Nevertheless, the Tiida is still available through private distributors in Sri Lanka.
Apart from that, the Nissan Tiida’s productive looking design might not be for the taste of some drivers. However, this design also makes it an excellent family car in the long term.
10. Where to Find a Nissan Tiida for Sale in Sri Lanka?
For someone who wants to buy this productive car, the best option available is to get in contact with the third party vehicle distributors, who offer this vehicle to their customers. Such distributors can be found within major cities located throughout Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Nissan Tiida for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Reconditioned and Used Nissan Tiida in Colombo
Reconditioned and Used Nissan Tiida in Gampaha
Reconditioned and Used Nissan Tiida in Kandy
Nissan Tiida Price in Sri Lanka
As of 2016, a used or reconditioned Nissan Tiida car can be bought for a price of around Rs. 2,750,000 for a 2007 model and around Rs. 3,675,000 for a 2010 model, depending on the dealer as well as the overall facilities offered.
Nissan Tiida Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Nissan Tiida (As Of 2016)
- Nissan Tiida 2007: Rs. 2,750,000
- Nissan Tiida 2008: Rs. 2,950,000
- Nissan Tiida 2009: Rs. 3,275,000
- Nissan Tiida Latio 2010: Rs. 3,675,000