New and Used Perodua Viva Elite for Sale in Sri Lanka
The Perodua Viva Elite is a small five-door, five-seat hatchback from Malaysian automotive manufacturer Perodua, which has found growing appeal in Sri Lanka as a small, economical and affordable car for middle-class families. The Viva Elite is based on the outgoing Mira/ Coure from the Japanese automaker Daihatsu, with which it shares some of the underpinnings, including the engine technology. The Viva is the first model from the Malaysian manufacturer to go mainstream in Sri Lanka, and replaced the marque’s previous hatchback offering, the Kelisa.
First introduced to the world in 2007, the Viva Elite is a production city-car made by the Malaysian automaker Perodua. Due to the cars ideal small size, excellent affordability and good fuel economy, has made it a popular choice among budget car buyers in Sri Lanka. The Viva Elite in the island is an affordable, entry-level car that has found wide appeal due to its price point, and the local agent in Sri Lanka - The United Motors, is a respected vehicle dealer in the country. It is a perfect city-car for an office commute, and it has found a place in people’s garages, as an affordable second car for short bursts into the town.
Perodua Viva Elite Review in Sri Lanka
Perodua Viva Elite Engine Specifications and Performance
Even though being a car that is targeted towards the low-end market, the Viva Elite is packed with a respectable number of performance related features that can excite any car buyer in Sri Lanka. The Viva Elite in the local market is mostly powered by a 1.0 L engine, which is sourced from Daihatsu. The Japanese-designed engine gives the car enough power for city driving, and can give a decent performance on expressways during long-distance trips. This engine, which has a 3-cylinder configuration, also comes with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission system to manage its overall drivetrain. As a result, the engine of the Perodua Viva Elite can generate a maximum power of around 45 kW and a maximum torque of around 90 Nm, giving it all the power it needs to achieve a top speed that exceeds 160 km/h on the highways seen here in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 1.0 L
- Cylinders: 3-Cylinder
- Maximum Output: 45 kW @ 6,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 90 Nm @ 3,600 rpm
- Top Speed: 160 km/h
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual/ 4-Speed Automatic
Perodua Viva Elite Fuel Efficiency
The typical engine of the Perodua Viva Elite is mated with a four-speed automatic transmission that powers the front wheels of this small car, and has the capability to return an excellent fuel economy under standard conditions. The car is also equipped with a relatively smaller 36 L fuel tank, which is more than enough for the driving distances seen here.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 36 L
New Perodua Viva Elite Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Perodua Viva Elite 2014: 14.5 km/l
- Perodua Viva Elite 2013: 13.1 km/l
- Perodua Viva Elite 2012: 14.2 km/l
- Perodua Viva Elite 2011: 15.0 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Perodua Viva Elite Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Perodua Viva Elite 2010: 14.4 km/l
- Perodua Viva Elite 2009: 13.8 km/l
- Perodua Viva Elite 2008: 17.6 km/l
- Perodua Viva Elite 2007: 15.9 km/l
Perodua Viva Elite Features
Perodua Viva Elite Convenience and Entertainment Features
As a family car, the Perodua Viva Elite does come with an attractive range of features for the comfort of its passengers.
- Air Conditioning
- Power Windows
- Height adjustable driver's Seat
- FM Radio
- Media Player
- 4 Speaker
Perodua Viva Elite Safety Features
For its small size and class, the Perodua Viva Elite comes with a range of safety features that any middle class Sri Lankan car buyer would find quite appealing to their tastes.
- Front Dual SRS Airbags
- Anti-lock brake system
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Collision resistant body
The Design of Perodua Viva Elite
Perodua Viva Elite Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Viva Elite car is comprised of a wide variety of user-friendly design elements that may include:
- Sun Visors
- Vanity Mirror
- Meter Cluster
- Digital Display
- Cup holders
- Fabric Door Trim
Perodua Viva Elite Exterior Design Elements
The Perodua Viva Elite comes with an attractive, yet cost effective basic exterior design layout as its standard form factor.
- 14-inch Alloy Wheels
- Chrome Door Handles
- Side Skirting
- Fog Lamps
- Front Bumper with Skirting
- Rear Bumper with Skirting
Perodua Viva Elite Color Options
The Perodua Viva Elite has a number of attractive modern color options in order to be appealing to a wider audience.
- Gray Cloth (Interior)
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- Ivory White Solid
- Silver Metallic
- Ebony Black Metallic
- Mystical Purple Metallic
Perodua Viva Elite, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
The Perodua Viva Elite can be compared with the Maruti-Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Wagon R and the Toyota Vitz that are sold in the Sri Lankan market.
- Viva Elite vs. Maruti-Suzuki Alto - The Elite has more upright form factor compared to the Alto
- Viva Elite vs. Suzuki Wagon R - The Elite has a better fuel economy compared to the Wagon R
- Viva Elite vs. Toyota Vitz - The Elite is much cheaper in price than the Vitz
Key Reasons to Buy a Perodua Viva Elite
If you are considering purchasing a Perodua Elite Viva, then remember to consider the following aspects, for a more informed buying decision.
Perodua Viva Elite Advantages:
- Very favorable price margins
- Excellent overall fuel economy
- Decent cargo capacity
- Good engine performance
Perodua Viva Elite Disadvantages:
- Some drivers may not find the car’s seat folding capability to be up to their satisfaction
- Reviewers have stated that the Elite’s upright form factor can affect its handling
Perodua Viva Elite Price List in Sri Lanka
If you are searching for a Perodua Viva Elite for sale in Sri Lanka, then look at our Perodua Viva Elite price list as mentioned below.
Perodua Viva Elite Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Perodua Viva Elite Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Perodua Viva Elite 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,640,000
- Perodua Viva Elite 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,500,000
- Perodua Viva Elite 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,490,000
- Perodua Viva Elite 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,365,000
Used Perodua Viva Elite Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Perodua Viva Elite 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,325,000
- Perodua Viva Elite 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,925,000
- Perodua Viva Elite 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,860,000
- Perodua Viva Elite 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,790,000
Where to Find Perodua Viva Elite Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
United Motors Lanka PLC., located in Hyde Park Corner, Colombo 2, is the authorized distributors for Perodua branded vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, if you are hoping to buy a used or reconditioned Perodua Elite Viva, then you can look through the dozens of third party dealers located around the country.
Discover the Selection of Perodua Viva Elite Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Perodua Viva Elite Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year