New and Used Suzuki Stingray for Sale in Sri Lanka
The Suzuki Wagon R Stingray is the successor of Maruti Suzuki’s Wagon R, which enjoys much success in Sri Lanka. The Wagon R Stingray is sportier and dynamic compared to its predecessor, and has been gaining a strong mainstream following in Sri Lanka due to its fuel efficiency, improved comfort and ease of use. Suzuki has worked on many cosmetic changes to the Wagon R and the result is a hatchback that looks livelier and more dynamic. The boxy design might be an acquired taste but the Maruti Suzuki Stingray Hybrid certainly stands out on Sri Lankan roads with its restyled bonnet, projector headlamps, flashy chrome grille and LED Lights. The Stingray provides better protection against collisions with its all-new energy absorbing structure with side-impact beams. The Wagon R Stingray Hybrid comes in three trim levels namely Vxi(O), VXi and LXi and the list of options have been upgraded on all three levels to include ABS, Keyless entry, IRVM, Intelligent Computerized Anti-theft System (i-CATS) and an airbag on the driver’s side, whilst air conditioning, power mirrors and power shutters come as standard features.
First introduced to the world in February 2007, the Stingray from Suzuki has been one of the most successful compact/ MPV cars to come out of the Suzuki Motor Corporation, which is now widely being sold in Sri Lanka. The fresh styling, fuel-efficient engine and ease of maneuverability makes this Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Stingray a sensible daily runner in the island. The enhanced safety features in the form of ABS, airbags and the energy-absorbing frame makes it one of the safest hatchbacks on the road. As most hatchback vehicles that are being marketed by Maruti Suzuki, the Wagon R Stingray is a hatchback car that is easier to maintain with readily available parts found throughout the country. Whilst all these features make the car stand out, what makes it shine is the easy-on-the-wallet price tag, which undeniably makes the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Stingray a worthy buy in Sri Lanka.
The New Suzuki Stingray 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Suzuki Stingray 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Suzuki Stingray 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Suzuki Stingray 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a number of upgrades to its drivetrain.
- Upgraded Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Option
- Improved Mileage
- Refined Auto-Gear-Shift (AGS) System
- Faster Acceleration Capabilities
What are New Suzuki Stingray 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Suzuki Stingray 2016 stands out from the competition by offering a spacious and convenient interior to the passengers.
- Suzuki Multi-Function Steering System
- Larger 180 L Cargo Volume
- Innovative Suspensions
- Spacious Dual Tone 3D Effect Upholstery
What are Suzuki Stingray 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Suzuki Stingray 2016 model comes with a range of notable redesigns to its exterior layout.
- Five New Colour Options Including Pearl and Metallic Colours
- Taller Front Facia Design
- Refined Up Front Blue-Tint Halogen Headlights
- New Moon-Rock Silver Roof Rails
What is the Suzuki Stingray 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Suzuki Stingray 2016 price in Sri Lanka will depend on the optional grade trim and the local importer.
- Suzuki Stingray X 2016: Rs. 3,250,000
- Suzuki Stingray Wagon R J Style 2016: Rs. 3,400,000
- Suzuki Stingray J Style 2016: Rs. 3,650,000
Suzuki Stingray Review in Sri Lanka
Suzuki Stingray Engine Specifications and Performance
The Suzuki Wagon R Stingray, while being a compact car, offers an admirable range of performance related features, to move itself on the roads of Sri Lanka. The Suzuki Stingray in Sri Lanka comes with an all-aluminum lightweight K10B engine with a capacity of 1000 cc and ability to generate a maximum power of around 50 kW at 6200 rpm and a maximum torque of around 90 Nm at 3500 rpm, which is more than enough for the Sri Lankan roads. The engine is typically coupled with a 5-speed manual gearbox that comes complete with a cable type gearshift mechanism, which makes shifting easier while on the road. These favorable specifications have also given the Suzuki Stingray an admirable top speed of almost 150 km/h and a high acceleration of around 15.9 seconds, from zero to 100 km/h, helping it to tackle the most common commuting challenges seen here in Sri Lanka.
- Cruise controlSize: 1.0 L
- Cruise controlCylinders: 3-cylinder
- Cruise controlTransmission: 5 Speed MT/ Automatic
- Cruise controlMaximum Output: 50 kW @ 6200 rpm
- Cruise controlMaximum Torque: 90 Nm @ 3500 rpm
- Cruise controlTop Speed: 148 km/h
Suzuki Stingray Fuel Efficiency
The car does not disappoint under Sri Lankan road conditions where it has recorded highly admirable fuel economy figures in the city and on the highway. The Suzuki Stingray is powered by regular unleaded petrol and comes with a relatively small 35 L fuel tank, which is more than enough for the driving distances seen in Sri Lanka.
- Cruise controlFuel Category: Petrol
- Cruise controlRecommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Cruise controlFuel Tank Capacity: 35 L
- Cruise controlCO2 Emissions: BS IV + OBD-II Compliant
New Suzuki Stingray Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Suzuki Stingray 2016: 20.5 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2015: 19.5 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2014: 20.0 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2013: 18.9 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2012: 17.0 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2011: 19.1 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Suzuki Stingray Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Suzuki Stingray 2010: 18.6 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2009: 16.8 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2008: 17.2 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2007: 18.3 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2006: 16.5 km/l
- Suzuki Stingray 2005: 16.2 km/l
Suzuki Stingray Features
Suzuki Stingray Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Stingray being a low budget vehicle comes with a range of admirable comfort features for its passengers.
- Cruise controlFront and Rear Power Windows
- Cruise controlLeather Wrapped Steering
- Cruise controlUSB and AUX system
- Cruise controlBacklit Buttons
- Cruise controlCabin Lamps
- Cruise controlSunvisor
Suzuki Stingray Safety Features
For the price category it is being offered, the Suzuki Wagon R Stingray gives you a range of modern safety options, to keep you and your family safe while on the road.
- Cruise controlIntelligent Computerized Anti-Theft System (i-CATS)
- Cruise controlKeyless Entry
- Cruise controlEngine Immobilizer
- Cruise controlCentral Locking
- Cruise controlChild Safety Lock
- Cruise controlAnti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
The Design of Suzuki Stingray
Suzuki Stingray Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Suzuki Wagon R Stingray has an assortment of suitability designs that includes:
- Black Upholstery
- Themed Seats
- Instrument Cluster
- Tilt Adjustable Steering
- Rear Seat Split
Suzuki Stingray Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Stingray is similar to its sibling the Suzuki Wagon R and comes with elements such as:
- Rear Spoiler
- Alloy Wheels
- Projector Headlamps
- Reflector Grill
- Electrically Adjustable ORVMS
- Dynamic Front Fog Lamps
Suzuki Stingray Color Options
For its class, the Suzuki Stingray offers a number of attractive colors to appeal to its buyers.
- Premium Black (Interior)
- Superior White
- Silky Silver
- Passion Red
- Midnight Blue
- Glistening Grey
Suzuki Stingray, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
As a compact car being sold in the Sri Lankan market, the Suzuki Wagon R Stingray can be compared with the Honda Fit, the Hyundai EON and the Perodua Viva Elite that are also popular compact models found across the country.
- Suzuki Stingray vs. Honda Fit - The Stingray is cheaper in price if compared with the Fit
- Suzuki Stingray vs. Hyundai EON - The Stingray has a better fuel economy when compared to the EON
- Suzuki Stingray vs. Perodua Viva Elite - The Stingray has wider spare part availability compared to the Viva Elite
Key Reasons to Buy a Suzuki Stingray
If you are thinking about buying the Suzuki Wagon R Stingray, then consider looking at the following pros and cons of this model, to have a better understanding of your future buying decision.
Suzuki Stingray Advantages
- Reliable build quality to match the driving conditions seen in Sri Lanka
- Class leading fuel economy and even having a Hybrid variety available
- Wide availability of spare parts from multiple suppliers
- Very good aftermarket value in the Sri Lankan market
Suzuki Stingray Disadvantages
- Suzuki Stingray does not have the power or off-roading capabilities that are liked by some drivers
- Some vehicle buyers might not like the box like aesthetics of the Suzuki Stingray
Suzuki Stingray Price List in Sri Lanka
To find a Suzuki Stingray for sale in Sri Lanka, you can check out our Suzuki Stingray price list as given below.
Suzuki Stingray Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Suzuki Stingray Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Suzuki Stingray J Style 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,650,000
- Suzuki Stingray J Style 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,600,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,500,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,210,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,950,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: 2,110,000
Used Suzuki Stingray Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Suzuki Stingray 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,040,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,920,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,850,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,650,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,510,000
- Suzuki Stingray 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,497,000
Where to Find Suzuki Stingray Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
Currently in Sri Lanka, the best method to buy a Suzuki Wagon R Stingray is to search one from the authorized distributor for Suzuki vehicles in the country, the Associated Motorways (Private) Limited. However, a large number of third party dealers also provides this model and can be found within popular cities across Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Suzuki Stingray Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Suzuki Stingray Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year