New and Used Suzuki Swift for Sale in Sri Lanka
Suzuki Swift Carmudi User Rating
4.3 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
Introduced to the world in the year 2000, the Suzuki Swift has been a hit in Sri Lanka since its debut in the island. The Swift is a stylish, sporty hatchback that can carry five people in comfort. The car’s looks have won the hearts of drivers in the country. As a quick city runabout, this car is a popular choice for many.
The Swift is a small hatchback from the Japanese manufacturer, and is a popular car for families in Sri Lanka. Different models of the car, which is now in its third generation, are available in the country. Some models of the second generation were made by Maruti-Suzuki in India in their Manesar plant, and are widely available in Sri Lanka. For the past decade, the Swift has enjoyed good resale value in the Sri Lankan vehicle market. The small lightweight car is nippy around town, and shines in small twisty roads. The Suzuki Swift is widely available both as a reconditioned import and as a used vehicle in Sri Lanka. A first-generation car can be found for around Rs. 2.0 million or less for a 2003 model, while the second generation can fetch around Rs. 2.5 million for a Japanese car. Indian models are slightly cheaper in the second-hand market. Spare parts and servicing, along with mechanical support, are available across the country through Associated Motorways, who is also the dealer for Nissan and Maruti cars in the island.
The New Suzuki Swift 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Suzuki Swift 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Suzuki Swift 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Suzuki Swift 2016 compared to the 2015 version comes with a number of updates to its drivetrain.
- Improved Mileage up to 5 km/l
- Reduced CO2 Emission Levels to 132 g/km
- Upgraded Swift Sport Model
- New Safety Features
What are New Suzuki Swift 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Suzuki Swift 2016 stands out from its competition by offering improved safety and convenience features.
- Updated Raise and Declinable Driver's Seat
- Innovative CVT Gear with Seven 'Manual' Setting
- Advanced Trim with LED Daytime Running
- Refined Hill-Hold Function on Automatic Transmission Trims
What are Suzuki Swift 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Suzuki Swift 2016 offers a range of design updates to its front and rear exterior.
- Refined Angular Design Layout
- Sharper Sloping-Back Roof
- Reshaped Front Fog Lights
- Redesigned Roof Spoiler
What is the Suzuki Swift 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Suzuki Swift 2016 price in Sri Lanka is subject to the additional facilities offered and the local dealer.
- Suzuki Swift 2016: Rs. 5,100,000
Suzuki Swift Review in Sri Lanka
Suzuki Swift Engine Specifications and Performance
The Suzuki Swift is a car built with the middle class in mind, and comes with a range of performance related features to power itself forward. Most first generation Suzuki Swift cars in Sri Lanka used a 1.3 L inline four-cylinder engine with either a five-speed manual or four-speed auto transmission, and most newer cars in Sri Lanka uses a 1.4 L inline 4-cylinder engine with a four-speed automatic transmission, a five-speed manual or even a CVT option. The base engine of the latest Suzuki Swift is a reasonably powerful locomotive for the size of this car, and can produce a maximum power of around 70 kW and a maximum torque of roughly 130 Nm. This gives this car a top speed of around 165 km/h and an acceleration of roughly 12.3 seconds (from 0 to 100 km/h), which is more than enough for the city driving conditions seen here in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 1.4 L
- Cylinders: 4- Cylinders
- Maximum Output: 70 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 130 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Top Speed: 165 km/h
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual/ 4-Speed Automatic
Suzuki Swift Fuel Efficiency
The Suzuki Swift is good with fuel economy in typical Sri Lankan driving conditions and has recorded reasonable figures for a combined drive cycle. The car comes with a modest 42 L fuel tank and produces less than 150 g/km of CO2, making it an environmentally friendly subcompact car in the Sri Lankan market.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 42 L
- CO2 Emissions: 147 g/km (As tested by LTA)
New Suzuki Swift Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Suzuki Swift 2016: 14.6 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2015: 14.5 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2014: 13.8 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2013: 14.2 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2012: 13.6 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2011: 13.4 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Suzuki Swift Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Suzuki Swift 2010: 14.0 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2009: 14.0 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2008: 12.6 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2007: 13.2 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2006: 13.9 km/l
- Suzuki Swift 2005: 13.0 km/l
Suzuki Swift Features
Suzuki Swift Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Suzuki Swift has a number of advanced features to keep its passengers comfortable on the road.
- Cup Holders
- Coat Hooks
- Sun Visor
- Vanity Mirrors
- Ticket Holder
- Rear View Mirror
Suzuki Swift Safety Features
Safety is a concern for any car buyer in Sri Lanka. The Swift is built with a range of safety and security related features that can keep its passengers secured on the country’s unpredictable roads.
- Central Door Locking
- Remote Controller Door Lock
- Hazard Lamp Answer Back Function
- SRS Dual Airbags
- Head Impact Protection Structure
- Shift Lock
The Design of Suzuki Swift
Suzuki Swift Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Suzuki Swift comes with eye-catching features such as
- Cabin Light
- Luggage Area Light
- Convenience Hook
- Assist Grips
- Storage Pockets
- Seatback Pocket
Suzuki Swift Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Suzuki Swift is a strikingly distinguishable sight on Sri Lankan roads, and comes with elements that include
- Aluminum Alloy Wheels
- Halogen Multi Reflector
- Electrically Adjustable Outside Mirror
- Outside Door Handles
- Tailgate Opener
- Intermittent Wipers/ Washer
Suzuki Swift Color Options
The Suzuki Swift provides a wide array of color options in both its interior as well as exterior to attract more buyers.
- Blazing Red
- Glistening Grey
- Mysterious Violet
- Pearl White
- Granite Grey
- Silky Silver
Suzuki Swift, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
As a well-built subcompact car, the Suzuki Swift can be compared with the Honda Fit, the Hyundai Accent and the Nissan March that are seen across Sri Lanka.
- Suzuki Swift vs. Honda Fit - The Swift is cheaper in price when compared to the Fit
- Suzuki Swift vs. Hyundai Accent - The Swift has better acceleration when compared with the Accent
- Suzuki Swift vs. Nissan March - The Swift has a multi-function steering wheel when compared with the March
Key Reasons to Buy a Suzuki Swift
If you are hoping to buy a Suzuki Swift for personal or family use, then it is best to consider the following aspects of this vehicle that can help you to make a more informed buying decision.
Suzuki Swift Advantages
- Advanced convenience features for the passengers
- Admirable fuel economy for urban driving in Sri Lanka
- Superb safety features for the driver as well as passengers
- Powerful engine for its subcompact class
Suzuki Swift Disadvantages
- The headroom provided for rear passengers are not sufficient for long distance rides
- The multimedia capabilities of the Swift might seem a bit old school
Suzuki Swift Price List in Sri Lanka
You can learn more about the latest Suzuki Swift price in Sri Lanka by checking out our price list as given below.
Suzuki Swift Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Suzuki Swift Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Suzuki Swift 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,100,000
- Suzuki Swift 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,860,000
- Suzuki Swift 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,350,000
- Suzuki Swift 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,900,000
- Suzuki Swift Japan 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,650,000
- Suzuki Swift (Japan) 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,400,000
Used Suzuki Swift Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Suzuki Swift 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,400,000
- Suzuki Swift Beetle 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,300,000
- Suzuki Swift Sport 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,250,000
- Suzuki Swift Sport 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,960,000
- Suzuki Swift 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,670,000
- Suzuki Swift 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,425,000
Where to Find Suzuki Swift Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
For a buyer who is looking for a brand new Suzuki Swift, by far the best option would be to contact the official distributor for Suzuki branded vehicles in the country, the Associated Motorways (Private) Limited, which is located in Colombo 2. However, if you are also looking for a used or reconditioned Swift, then consider getting in contact with prominent vehicle suppliers that are based in major cities throughout Sri Lanka.
Discover the Selection of Suzuki Swift Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Suzuki Swift Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year