New and Used Suzuki Wagon R for Sale in Sri Lanka
The Wagon R has been rolling off the Maruti Suzuki production lines in India since early 1999. The first generation Wagon R saw three upgrades in 2003, 2006 as well as in 2010, and the second-generation model finally took over during the latter half of 2010. The Wagon R has a strong mainstream following throughout all the countries it is being sold that also includes Sri Lanka, due to its high cost effectiveness and ease of use.
The designers employed an ingenious boxy design cue when creating this car. They have taken a more evolutionary approach when designing the second-generation model and included a chrome accentuated front grille, Chrome engraved celebration plate and crystal effect tail lamps, which gives it a more premium look whilst the new platform on which it is built provides additional space for its occupants, placing it a cut above the rest in the market.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is an economical hatchback that combines the best of both worlds. It provides occupants with better comfort than most of the other hatchbacks marketed within a similar price range, whilst still providing sensibility and practicality at every turn. The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is a sturdy car that can take on the abuse of daily use in Sri Lanka, whilst giving you possibly the best value for your money.
The New Suzuki Wagon R 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Suzuki Wagon R 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Suzuki Wagon R 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Suzuki Wagon R 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with overall improvements to its innovative drivetrain.
- Improved Hybrid Drivetrain
- Refined ABS System
- Reduced Weight by 25 kg
- Upgraded iCAT Intelligent Computerized Security System
What are New Suzuki Wagon R 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Suzuki Wagon R 2016 stands out from the competition by providing added interior space and safety features.
- Large Interior Space for Its Size
- VXL Version with a Six-Passenger Capacity
- Battery Powered Electric Power Steering
- Upgraded Anti-Theft Security System
What are Suzuki Wagon R 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Suzuki Wagon R 2016 offers a number of design modifications to its front and rear side.
- Taller Front Facia
- Upgraded Crystal Lights
- Larger and Prominent Front Bumper
- Redesigned Rear Tailgate
What is the Suzuki Wagon R 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
Suzuki Wagon R 2016 price in the Sri Lankan market is subject to the dealer and the optional features offered.
- Suzuki Wagon R FZ 2016: Rs. 3,150,000
- Suzuki Wagon R J Style 2016: Rs. 3,450,000
- Suzuki Wagon R - StingRay 2016: Rs. 3,500,000
Suzuki Wagon R Review in Sri Lanka
Suzuki Wagon R Engine Specifications and Performance
The Suzuki Wagon R is a well capable machine under its hood, and comes with a range of performance related features, to transport its passengers quickly and safely to their intended destination. Under the hood, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R in Sri Lanka sports the renowned 1.0 L 12V K10B engine, which is paired with a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed automatic gearbox. Even though being powered by a 3-Cylinder petrol locomotive, this engine can produce a notable level of power, which was recorded at around 50 kW as well as more than 90 Nm of torque, giving it plenty of power to tackle the challenging conditions seen in Sri Lanka. As a result, the Suzuki Wagon R can reach a top speed of more than 150 km/h and a highly admirable acceleration of just around 18 seconds (from 0 to 100 km/h), making it a notable challenger to other popular family car models sold in the island.
- Size: 1.0 L
- Cylinders: 3-Cylinder
- Maximum Output: 50 kW @ 6200 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 90 Nm @ 3500 rpm
- Top Speed: 152 km/h
- Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic/ 5- Speed Manual
Suzuki Wagon R Fuel Efficiency
Under Sri Lanka’s tight road conditions, the Wagon R has recorded an excellent fuel economy on cities as well as on the country's highways. The Suzuki Wagon R comes with a light curb weight, which is around 800 kg that largely helps to reduce the fuel consumption of this unique city car.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 35 L
- CO2 Emissions: BS IV
New Suzuki Wagon R Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Suzuki Wagon R 2016: 21.0 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2015: 20.5 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2014: 18.9 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2013: 15.2 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2012: 17.6 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2011: 17.0 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Suzuki Wagon R Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Suzuki Wagon R 2010: 16.1 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2009: 17.8 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2008: 15.7 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2007: 14.4 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2006: 13.9 km/l
- Suzuki Wagon R 2005: 12.7 km/l
Suzuki Wagon R Features
Suzuki Wagon R Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Suzuki Wagon R is an excellent vehicle that offers a wide range of features for its passengers.
- Digital Odometer
- Cigarette Lighter
- Integrated 2din Audio
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- USB & Auxiliary Input
Suzuki Wagon R Safety Features
For the competitive price margin of the Suzuki Wagon R, the car does offer a range of safety features to keep both its driver as well as passenger’s safe on Sri Lanka’s unpredictable roads.
- Side Impact Beams
- Front Impact Beams
- Day & Night Rear View Mirror
- Passenger Side Rear View Mirror
- Keyless Entry
- Engine Immobilizer
The Design of Suzuki Wagon R
Suzuki Wagon R Interior Design Elements
The Interior Design of the Suzuki Wagon R comes with features such as
- Adjustable Seats
- Rear Seat Headrest
- Fabric Upholstery
- Cup Holders
- Bottle Holder
- Accessory Power Outlet
Suzuki Wagon R Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Suzuki Wagon R is truly striking when seen on the road and offers features such as
- Adjustable Headlights
- Power Adjustable Exterior Rear View Mirror
- Power Antenna
- Tinted Glass
- Rear Spoiler
- Roof Rail
Suzuki Wagon R Color Options
The Suzuki Wagon R for being a low cost vehicle still offers an array of color options for both its interior as well as the exterior.
- Silky Silver
- Glistening Grey
- Superior White
- Breeze Blue
- Bakers Chocolate
- Ecru Beige
Suzuki Wagon R, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
Due to its unique status, the Suzuki Wagon R does not have many competitors within the local market. However, it can still be compared with the Hyundai EON, the Suzuki Alto and the Perodua Viva Elite, which are popularly found throughout the country.
- Suzuki Wagon R vs. Hyundai EON - The Wagon R has better fuel economy compared to the EON
- Suzuki Wagon R vs. Suzuki Alto - The Wagon R has more cargo volume compared to the Alto
- Suzuki Wagon R vs. Perodua Viva Elite - The Wagon R has better seating space compared to the Viva Elite
Key Reasons to Buy a Suzuki Wagon R
If you are now considering to buy one of these attractive and highly productive cars, then take a moment to consider the following as well, which will help you to arrive at a more informed buying decision.
Suzuki Wagon R Advantages
- Superb riding space for its smaller dimensions
- Outstanding fuel economy for city driving in Sri Lanka
- High aftermarket value in the island
- Availability of spare parts throughout the country
Suzuki Wagon R Disadvantages
- The Suzuki Wagon R may not have a very sporty engine performance
- Some reviewers have stated that they do not like the box shape form-factor of the Wagon R
Suzuki Wagon R Price List in Sri Lanka
You can learn more about the Suzuki Wagon R price in Sri Lanka by checking out our Suzuki Wagon R price list as given below.
Suzuki Wagon R Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Suzuki Wagon R Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Suzuki Wagon R - StingRay 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,590,000
- Suzuki Wagon R J Style 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,470,000
- Suzuki Wagon R FZ 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,200,000
- Suzuki Wagon R 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,350,000
- Suzuki Wagon R 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,190,000
- Suzuki Wagon R 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 2,095,000
Used Suzuki Wagon R Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Suzuki Wagon R VXI 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,940,000
- Suzuki Wagon R 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,750,000
- Suzuki Wagon R 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,550,000
- Suzuki Wagon R 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,500,000
- Suzuki Wagon R 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,495,000
- Suzuki Wagon R 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 1,475,000
Where to Find Suzuki Wagon R Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
For those who wish to buy a brand new Suzuki Wagon R can contact the official distributor for Suzuki vehicles in Sri Lanka, the Associated Motorways (Pvt) Ltd, based in the heart of the Colombo city. However, for the buyers who are looking for a used or reconditioned vehicle can get in touch with the dozens of third party dealers, located in various cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Suzuki Wagon R Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Suzuki Wagon R Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year