New and Used Toyota for Sale in Sri Lanka
Toyota Vehicles in Sri Lanka
Founded in the early 30’s by the famous Japanese entrepreneur Kiichiro Toyoda, the Toyota Motor Corporation was incorporated as an automobile company in August 1937, eventually becoming one of the largest vehicle manufacturers of all time, by volume as well as by revenue on earth. Based in Toyota, Aichi, Japan, the company produces vehicles under five brand names, namely Lexus, Hino, Scion, Ranz as well as Toyota itself and it further owns a 51% stake in Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd, which has all greatly contributed to its global dominance.
In Sri Lanka, reliability is the quality most associated with the Toyota engines. Cars with more than 200,000 km on tick are still found running around in the country, and the venerable Hilux pickups can still be found trudging through off-road tracks among the avid 4x4 community in Sri Lanka. Toyota was also the first to import Hybrid vehicles into the island, with its highly renowned subcompact offering, the Toyota Prius, which has become one of the most sought after vehicles in the country.
There is not a place in Sri Lanka where you cannot see a Toyota. The country's official dealer, Toyota Lanka, offers most of the models on sale, soon after they have had global launches. Grey market importers on the other hand are far more aggressive than this, bringing down every single Toyota model they manage to get their hands on, even vehicles that are built only for the Japanese domestic-market.
Official rebadged ones, such as the Daihatsu Terios (rebadged as Toyota Rush) are also available in the island, with ample supply of spare parts to sweeten the deal. Even specialized parts, such as aftermarket mods for cars and 4x4 accessories are also available in Sri Lanka through specified dealers, thanks to the overwhelming popularity of Toyota vehicles in Sri Lanka.
What Are the Best Selling Toyota Models in Sri Lanka?
These are the most popular Toyota vehicles (Sedans, Subcompacts, Hatchbacks, Crossovers, SUV’s, MPV’s and Vans etc...), for sale in Sri Lanka.
The Toyota Aqua is probably the most well known mid-size hatchback Hybrid vehicle found in the country. It is technically based on the larger Toyota Prius and boasts a slightly better fuel economy, which has been its unique selling point in Sri Lanka. The car typically uses a 1.5 L 04-cylinder in-line Hybrid engine that is combined with an automatic (ECVT) transmission to power its drive train. This has resulted in an excellent fuel economy, which is recorded at around 35 km/l on standard driving conditions.
If you would like to learn more about the Toyota Aqua, then checkout our full review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Toyota Aqua Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Toyota Aqua?
- Toyota Aqua 2016: 35 km/l
- Toyota Aqua 2015: 33.8 km/l
- Toyota Aqua 2014: 21 km/l
- Toyota Aqua 2013: 21 km/l
What are Toyota Aqua Features?
- Cruise Control
- Navigation System
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Power Door Locks
What are the Engine Specifications of Toyota Aqua?
- Engine Type: Aluminum DOHC 16-Valve with VVT-i
- Base Engine Size: 1.5 L
- Maximum Output: 54 kW
- Maximum Torque: 111 Nm
Price of the Toyota Aqua in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Aqua Urban X 2016: Rs. 5,700,000
- Toyota Aqua X Urban 2015: Rs. 5,400,000
- Toyota Aqua GS 2014: Rs. 5,200,000
- Toyota Aqua S Grade 2013: Rs. 4,700,000
The Toyota HiAce van from Toyota has a unique place in Sri Lanka as the most popular utility van to be sold in the country. Its spacious size, uncompromising level of features and the capability to be used for business purposes has made it a desired vehicle among the country's middle class van lovers. To sustain its larger size, the vehicle uses either a 2.5 L, 2.7 L or a 3.0 L four-cylinder engine that is combined with a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission to power its drivetrain.
To learn more about the Toyota HiAce, you can read our in-depth review at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Toyota HiAce Hybrid Model: Not Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Toyota HiAce?
- Toyota HiAce 2016: 12.5 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2015: 12 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2014: 12 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2013: 10.5 km/l
What are Toyota HiAce Features?
- Trip Computer
- Front Bucket Seats
- Multi Information Display (MID)
- Cup Holders in Dash
What are the Engine Specifications of Toyota HiAce?
- Engine Type: 2TR-FE, 16-valve DOHC, with VVT-i
- Base Engine Size: 2.5 L
- Maximum Output: 100 kW
- Maximum Torque: 300 Nm
Price of the Toyota HiAce in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota HiAce GL 2016: Rs. 9,500,000
- Toyota HiAce GL 2015: Rs. 9,200,000
- Toyota HiAce Super GL 2014: Rs. 8,300,000
- Toyota HiAce DX 2013: Rs. 7,100,000
Without a second thought, the Toyota Prius from the Toyota Corporation can be named as one of the most sought after vehicles to be sold in Sri Lanka. It is a mid-size sedan and is the first Hybrid vehicle to be widely available in the country. In its current iteration, the Prius uses a 1.8 L 4-cylinder engine with the Atkinson cycle that has resulted in an excellent level of fuel-efficiency, which is recorded to be around 27 km/l under a combined drive cycle in the countries rocky roads.
To learn more about the Toyota Prius, you can check out our review here at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Toyota Prius Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Toyota Prius?
- Toyota Prius 2016: 27 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2015: 25.5 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2014: 21 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2013: 21 km/l
What are Toyota Prius Features?
- Climate control
- Dust and pollen filtration
- 6.1-inch touch-screen
- USB port
What are the Engine Specifications of Toyota Prius?
- Engine Type: DOHC 16-Valve, Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
- Base Engine Size: 1.8 L
- Maximum Output: 73 kW
- Maximum Torque: 142 Nm
Price of the Toyota Prius in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Prius S Touring 2016: Rs. 7,700,000
- Toyota Prius S Grade 2015: Rs. 5,990,000
- Toyota Prius S Touring 2014: Rs. 5,950,000
- Toyota Prius S Grade 2013: Rs. 5,700,000
The Axio is a nifty four-door sedan that is manufactured by Toyota and is widely regarded as a rebadged version of the Toyota Corolla E140 model. First introduced in 2006, the Axio has gained a lot of traction among the country's middle class car buyers, who wanted a well-rounded vehicle that does not break their wallet in the process. A 1.3 L or 1.5 L engine that utilizes a super CVT-i (A) transmission to carry it forward, powers this efficient car. The Axio also has a very good fuel economy for its class, which has reported around 15 km/l under Sri Lanka’s combined driving conditions.
To learn more about the Toyota Axio, you can read our in-depth review here at Carmudi Sri Lanka.
Toyota Axio Hybrid Model: Available
What is the Fuel Efficiency of Toyota Axio?
- Toyota Axio 2016: 21.2 km/l
- Toyota Axio 2015: 21 km/l
- Toyota Axio 2014: 20.5 km/l
- Toyota Axio 2013: 20.5 km/l
What are Toyota Axio Features?
- Leather Power steering
- Power windows
- Air conditioning
- Remote keyless entry
What are the Engine Specifications of Toyota Axio?
- Engine Type: 16-valve DOHC
- Base Engine Size: 1.3 L
- Maximum Output: 81 kW
- Maximum Torque: 136 Nm
Price of the Toyota Axio in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Axio G Grade 2016: Rs. 6,300,000
- Toyota Axio G Grade NKE165 2015: Rs. 6,200,000
- Toyota Axio G Grade 2014: Rs. 4,950,000
- Toyota Axio X Grade 2013: Rs. 4,950,000
Other notable Toyota models found in Sri Lanka includes the Toyota RegiusAce, Toyota Premio, Toyota Esquire, Toyota Noah, Toyota Harrier, Toyota Vitz, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Toyota Hilux, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Land Cruiser, Toyota Allion, Toyota TownAce.
Toyota Hybrid Vehicles Found in Sri Lanka
The unique Hybrid technology that Toyota has incorporated in its vehicles is called the "Hybrid Synergy Drive". Without any doubt, the Toyota Corporation is the leading vehicle manufacturer in the world for Hybrid technology. It also has the biggest range of Hybrid models that includes the Toyota Aqua, the Prius, Axio Hybrid, Corolla Hybrid, Land Cruiser Hybrid, Camry Hybrid, Avalon Hybrid and the Highlander Hybrid, which are sold in various markets around the world.
In Sri Lanka, a number of Toyota's prominent Hybrid vehicles are available for buying, which primarily includes the Toyota Aqua as well as the Toyota Prius. Due to the level of comfort and fuel economy they provide, has made these cars some of the most desired vehicles to be sold in the island.
- Toyota Aqua: around 35 km/l on a combined driving cycle
- Toyota Prius: around 27 km/l on a combined driving cycle
Availability of Toyota Latest Offers in Sri Lanka
If you are living within the western province and is looking to buy a Toyota vehicle, then you can do so by getting in touch with the Toyota Lanka Corporation in Wattala, the official dealer for branded Toyota vehicles sold in Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, for those who are outside of Colombo can also look through the dozens of third party suppliers who are located in major cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Latest Offers for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Toyota Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year
Five Reasons to Buy a Toyota in Sri Lanka
- Excellent built quality that is unmatched by any other vehicle manufacturer, both mass marketed or even luxury brands
- Cheap to midrange pricing category for its vehicles that makes it far more appealing to the rising middle class in Sri Lanka
- Excellent selection of spare parts as well as additional accessories for the vehicles that makes it much easier to maintain a Toyota vehicle in the island
- Having an official distributor in the country that also has direct ties to the global Toyota Corporation in Japan
- Tremendous aftermarket value for all varieties of Toyota branded vehicles in Sri Lanka, which makes buying one a secure investment for the future
Did You now?
Toyota is well known for its excellent built quality, and this is evident in the fact that more than 80% of all Toyota models sold 20 years ago are still in use on roads around the world.