Toyota Alphard for Sale in Sri Lanka
Toyota Alphard Review
The Alphard, which is said to be named after the brightest star in the constellation Hydra, is certainly a bright star within the modern Sri Lankan vehicle market. Released to the market at the beginning of the 21st century, it essentially acts as a luxury full-size MPV, primarily for the upper middle class consumers of Sri Lanka. The Toyota Alphard is generally considered as a minivan, though it in fact comes with either a seven-seat or an eight-seat configuration that is very close to being a mid-sized passenger-carrying vehicle. The engine of the Toyota Alphard is also an impressive feat of engineering, which offers a powerful 3.5 L variant that can produce more than 200 kW of power and nearly 340 Nm of torque, for a smooth ride on rough roads seen in Sri Lanka.
An interesting fact that most Sri Lankan buyers would be delighted to know is that the Toyota Alphard also comes with a fully Hybrid variation. This Toyota Alphard Hybrid has a more efficient 2.5 L engine and is considered as an Ultra-Low Emissions Vehicle (ULEV) that can be very economical in the long term.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Toyota Alphard
1. History and Facts about the Toyota Alphard in Sri Lanka
First came into the limelight in early 2002, Toyota Alphard luxury MPV is now one of the highest feature rich vehicles found in Sri Lanka. Initially offered in three selections the Alphard V, the Alphard G and as the advanced Alphard Hybrid, it is without a doubt one of the most spacious family vehicles to come out of the Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan. Even though the Alphard was initially sold as a vehicle for the Japanese market, it is now available in a number of Asian countries that also includes Sri Lanka.
2. Toyota Alphard Specifications and Performance
The Toyota Alphard is powered using a very capable engine that has plenty of performance enhancing features to move its drivetrain.
Toyota Alphard Engine Specs:
- Type: V6 Dual VVT-i engine
- Size: 2.5 L/ 3.5 L
- Cylinders: 6-Cylinder
- Compression Ratio:
- Maximum Output: 202 kW @ 6,200 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 340 Nm @ 4,700 rpm
- Transmission: 7-speed super CVT-i/ 6-speed Super ECT
- Top Speed: 165 km/h
- Acceleration: 8.3 seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Rack and Pinion, Electronic Power Assisted
- Drive Type: Front Wheel Drive
- Suspension (Front / Rear): MacPherson Strut Type with Coil Springs and Stabilizer Bar/ Double Wishbone
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated Disc/ Ventilated Disc
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4,935 mm x 1,850 mm x 1,880 mm
- Curb Weight: 2,210 kg
- Seating Capacity: 7/ 8-seats
3. Toyota Alphard Fuel Consumption
The high capacity of the Toyota Alphard is powered using an advanced 3.5 L V6 Dual VVT-i engine that managed to generate a maximum power of 202 kW at 6,200 rpm and a maximum torque of around 340 Nm at 4,700 rpm. This allows the Alphard to reach an impressive acceleration for its size, which is around 8.0 seconds from 0-100 km/h.
Interestingly enough, this has not significantly affected its fuel economy. According to official data, the Alphard is capable of achieving roughly 11.6 km/l under a combined drive cycle, in both cities as well as highways of Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 75 L
- CO2 Emissions: Euro V
4. Features and Design of Toyota Alphard
Currently running in its third generation, which was announced in January 2015, a new design form factor and improved aesthetics were introduced, to be more appealing for the rising middle class buyers of Asia. In Sri Lanka, the Alphard has been received well and is predominantly imported to the country through third party vehicle suppliers. Since it is a Toyota, spare parts as well as servicing options are plentifully available as well as other enhancing accessories, which are all good reasons for buying a new Toyota Alphard from the local market.
Interior: The interior of the Toyota Alphard is nothing short of futuristic and has advanced features such as Air Purifying, Reading Lamp, Semi-Aniline Leather Seats, Seats Equipped With Temperature Adjustment, Easier Access To The Third Row, Power Extending Ottoman, Armrest Control Panel, Retractable Table, Cup Holder, Mobile Phone Storage Space, Tablet Storage Space, Multi-Information Display, Premium Audio System, Sun Shade, Footwell Lighting Assist Grip, Instrument Panel, Smart Entry & Push Start, Angle-Adjustable Armrest.
Exterior: The exterior of the Alphard is prominent and easily visible while on the road and has design elements that includes Alloy Wheels, LED Headlamps, LED Cornering Lamp, Rear Combination Lamp, LED Daytime Running Lamp, Dual Remote Control Power Sliding Doors With Auto-Closure And Jam Protection, Power Back Door, Retractable Door Mirrors, Super UV Cut Glass, Smart Entry Key.
5. Available Color Options of the Alphard in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Black, Flaxen, Brown, Brown Read,
For Exterior: Luxury White Pearl Crystal Shine Glass Flakes, Silver Metallic, White Pearl Crystal Shine, Black
6. Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Alphard MPV
The safety is naturally embedded into all Toyota vehicles and the Toyota Alphard is no exception in this department, with plenty of options to keep you and your family safe while on the road.
- Active Headrests
- Windshield Wiper with Rain Sensor
- SRS Airbags
- Second-Row Seats with ISOFIX Child Restraint System
- Front & Rear Parking Camera
- Engine Immobilizer System
- Front & Rear Parking Sensor
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)Brake Assist System (BA)
- Traction Control System (TRC)
- Steering-Assisted Vehicle Stability Control (S-VSC)
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Cruise Control System
7. Standout Elements of the Alphard Car
If someone asks the question, why is the Toyota Alphard unique? Then without a doubt, the best answer would be that that Alphard has superb luxury interior space for the comfort of its passengers.
Apart from that, this excellent MPV also comes with an advanced engine, which is capable of challenging any other luxury passenger vehicle sold in Sri Lanka.
8. Toyota Alphard Compared To Other Popular Vans in Sri Lanka
The Toyota Alphard can be compared with vehicles such as the Toyota Estima, the Mitsubishi Pajero and the Nissan Caravan, which are also vehicles that has a similar usage in Sri Lanka.
- Toyota Alphard vs. Toyota Estima - The Alphard has a more powerful engine compared to the Estima
- Toyota Alphard vs. Mitsubishi Pajero - The Alphard has better fuel efficiency if compared with the Pajero
- Toyota Alphard vs. Nissan Caravan - The Alphard comes with a better braking system compared to the Caravan
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota Alphard
If you are a family buyer who is on the lookout for this advanced MPV, then remember to consider the following aspects as well, for a more informed vehicle buying decision.
- Powerful engine to handle all driving conditions seen in Sri Lanka
- Outstanding interior space for the passengers
- Superb comfort and convenience features
- Excellent safety and security options
- High aftermarket value even for older vehicles in Sri Lanka
When it comes to disadvantages, one of the main complaints about the Toyota Alphard is its very high price margin seen in Sri Lanka. While it may qualify as one of the most expensive family vehicles seen in the country, the Alphard does offer a range of facilities to justify its monetary value.
While this may not be a significant issue, another miner disadvantage of the Toyota Alphard is its bulky build, especially for inexperienced drivers. On the other hand, it is easy to handle by having sharp aerodynamics, which is suitable for the highways of Sri Lanka.
10. Where to Find a Toyota Alphard for Sale in Sri Lanka ?
Even though for most Toyota vehicles, the default place might be the Toyota Lanka (Private) Limited, which acts as the authorized dealer for the brand. However, for a buyer who is searching for a Toyota Alphard can also get in contact with the dozens of third party dealers who are located in various cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Alphard for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Toyota Alphard Price in Sri Lanka
As of 2015, a Toyota Alphard MPV in its used or reconditioned state can be purchased for a price of roughly Rs. 11,800,000 for a 2012 model and roughly Rs. 13,300,000 for a 2013 model, subject to the dealer as well as the overall state of the vehicle offered.
Toyota Alphard Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Toyota Alphard (As Of 2015)
- Toyota Alphard 2012: Rs. 11,800,000
- Toyota Alphard E-Four 2013: Rs. 13,300,000