New and Used Toyota Corolla for Sale in Sri Lanka
The Toyota Corolla is a reliable and popular offering of a small, economical sedan that is widely available in the Sri Lankan market. Two main versions can be seen in the island: the four-door sedan, and the five-door station wagon. Whilst the rare hatchback is also available in the country, the most popular model tends to be the four-door sedan variety. The looks of the Toyota is sober and clean, with the car keeping its traditional no-nonsense looks over the years. The new, E170 model evolved to look a lot like the Toyota Allion, but the car is still mostly a sober, understated sedan. Air conditioning, power mirrors and power windows, together with central locking, ABS and airbags are widely available standard options on fresher models, as well as automatic transmission boxes. Since the cars have gone through several iterations of body and model changes, the options list can be vast and varied.
First introduced to the world in 1966, the Toyota Corolla has been one of the most com mercially successful car models ever to come out of the Toyota Motor Corporation. Many cars were brought into the country as used (second hand) cars, and due to the popularity of the Corolla, it is a commonly available, widely traded sedan. Being possibly the most popular car in Sri Lanka, spares and servicing, including mechanical aid, can be found in abundance. Toyota Lanka, the authorized agent in the country, also services and delivers parts for the vehicle. The grey-market and independent sellers also provide all the assistance needed for the holders. The Toyota Corolla is a perfect subcompact, with decades of consistent reputation behind its name. The residual values of the car remain strong. It is a highly reliable, stable and comfortable mid-size sedan for drivers looking for a good daily commute in Sri Lanka.
The New Toyota Corolla 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Toyota Corolla 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota Corolla 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The Toyota Corolla 2016 compared to the 2015 model has a number of updates to its interior and the drivetrain.
- Enhanced Rear Legroom
- Improved Overall Fuel Economy
- Updated Entune Audio System
- The New S Special Edition Variant
What are New Toyota Corolla 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Toyota Corolla 2016 stands out by offering a wide range of safety and convenience features for the passengers.
- Smoother and More Comfortable Ride Quality
- Refined User-Friendly Control Panel
- Commendable Crash-Test Scores
- The Siri Eyes Free Voice Control System
What are Toyota Corolla 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Toyota Corolla 2016 comes with some notable design updates to its colour options and the exterior.
- New Metallic Colour Options
- Innovative "Iconic Dynamism" Design Concept
- Longer Wheelbase
- More Angled Windshield and Roof Pillars
What is the Toyota Corolla 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The Toyota Corolla 2016 price in the Sri Lankan market will depend on its unique trim and the local dealer.
- Toyota Corolla Axio G 2016: Rs. 5,450,000
- Toyota Corolla Axio 2016: Rs. 5,750,000
- Toyota Corolla Axio Hybrid 2016: Rs. 6,050,000
Toyota Corolla Review in Sri Lanka
Toyota Corolla Engine Specifications and Performance
As one of the most popular family car models in the world, the Toyota Corolla certainly has an admirable level of engine power under its hood that can be highly useful to tackle everyday commuting activities in Sri Lanka. The engines can vary between the models found in Sri Lanka, but expect to find either a 1.8 L inline for powering the petrol cars, whilst a 1.8 L turbo or a 2.0 L normally aspirated engine powering the diesel cars. They offer plenty of usable performance for the lightweight Corolla, while still maintaining economical running performance in terms of fuel efficiency. Most of the older models have five-speed manual transmission, with the newer cars (121 onwards) also finding the four-speed automatic transmission box relatively popular. Nevertheless, the latest iteration of the Toyota Corolla comes with the more advanced CVTi-S transmission system and combined with its upgraded engine, can produce 103 kW of power and 173 Nm of torque, to power its wheels on the tough roads seen here in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 1.8 L/ 2.0 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission with Intelligence and Shift Mode (CVTi-S)
- Maximum Output: 103 kW @ 6400 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 173 Nm @ 4400 rpm
- Top Speed: 185 km/h
Toyota Corolla Fuel Efficiency
The Corolla is a very reliable and fuel efficient vehicle, and would deliver a notably good fuel economy on the city as well as on the highway. Powered by mostly a petrol fuel engine, it also comes with a relatively bigger size 55 L fuel tank, giving it the capability to move long distances through the country’s highways.
- Fuel Category: Petrol/ Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded (Petrol)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 55 L
- CO2 Emissions: 165 g/km Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
New Toyota Corolla Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Corolla 2016: 13.7 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2015: 13.6 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2014: 14.1 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2013: 12.8 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2012: 12.6 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2011: 13.3 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Toyota Corolla Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Corolla 2010: 13.0 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2009: 13.2 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2008: 13.5 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2007: 13.6 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2006: 13.5 km/l
- Toyota Corolla 2005: 13.4 km/l
Toyota Corolla Features
Toyota Corolla Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Toyota Corolla for being a highly sort after family car comes with an array of comfort and convenience features.
- USB 2.0 Port
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- AM/FM Cache Radio
- Integrated Backup Camera
- Adjustable Driver's Seat
- Seatback Pocket
Toyota Corolla Safety Features
When it comes to the safety, the Toyota Corolla not only deliver but also excels among its class of vehicles, with an attractive range of features to keep you secure on Sri Lanka’s challenging roads.
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Head-Impact Protection
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- Engine Immobilizer
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
The Design of Toyota Corolla
Toyota Corolla Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Toyota Corolla includes modern design elements such as:
- Six Speakers
- Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel
- TFT Multi-Information Display
- Storage Compartment
- Glove Compartment
- Sculpted Bottle Holders
Toyota Corolla Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Toyota Corolla is strikingly noticeable on the road and comes with elements that includes:
- LED Low-Beam Headlights
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Integrated Fog Lights
- Front Chrome Grille
- Outside Door Handles
- Roof-Mounted Antenna
Toyota Corolla Color Options
The Toyota Corolla has a number of popular color options to attract more buyers.
- Classic Silver Metallic
- Black Sand Pearl
- Barcelona Red Metallic
- Super White
- Blizzard Pearl
- Slate Metallic
Toyota Corolla, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
As one of the most popular sedans in the country, the Toyota Corolla can be compared with the Mazda 3, the Honda Civic and the Hyundai Elantra that are highly popular models in Sri Lanka.
- Toyota Corolla vs. Mazda 3 - The Corolla has better spare part availability compared to the Mazda 3
- Toyota Corolla vs. Honda Civic - The Corolla is cheaper in price when compared to the Civic
- Toyota Corolla vs. Hyundai Elantra - The Corolla has better fuel economy when compared to the Elantra
Other competitors for the Corolla are the Nissan Sunny and the Mitsubishi Lancer, but Toyota’s own Allion, Premio and Prius are seen as viable alternatives to the car.
Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota Corolla
If buying this highly productive car is in your mind, then also remember to consider the following factors that will be a great help for you, in order to have a better understanding of your buying decision.
Toyota Corolla Advantages
- Highly spacious interior cabin
- Quite and comfortable ride
- Class leading safety features
- Outstanding value for money
Toyota Corolla Disadvantages
- Some reviewers have mentioned that the acceleration of the Toyota Corolla was not up to their liking
- Since the Corolla is primarily build as a family car, it might not have the design aesthetics of a luxury sedan
Toyota Corolla Price List in Sri Lanka
If you would like to know more about the Toyota Corolla price in Sri Lanka, then checkout our Toyota Corolla price list as mentioned below.
Toyota Corolla Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Toyota Corolla Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Corolla Axio G 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,325,000
- Toyota Corolla Axio G 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,085,000
- Toyota Corolla 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,175,000
- Toyota Corolla 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,905,000
- Toyota Corolla 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,850,000
- Toyota Corolla 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,600,000
Used Toyota Corolla Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Corolla Axio 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,425,000
- Toyota Corolla 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,320,000
- Toyota Corolla 141 Diesel 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,275,000
- Toyota Corolla 141 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,725,000
- Toyota Corolla 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,520,000
- Toyota Corolla 121 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,500,000
Where to Find Toyota Corolla Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
The best place to find a brand new Toyota Corolla is none other than the authorized dealer for the brand, the Toyota Lanka Corporation, located in Wattala. Nevertheless, a buyer who would like to explore more pricing options can also look through major third party vehicle suppliers, who are based in prominent commercial cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Corolla Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Toyota Corolla Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year