New and Used Toyota HiAce for Sale in Sri Lanka 2017
Introduced to the world in 1967, the Toyota HiAce has been one of the most successful van models ever to come out of Japan. In Sri Lanka, the Toyota HiAce is the van of choice. The HiAce is extremely popular and is instantly recognizable throughout the country. It is also possible that at some point in their lives, every Sri Lankan has been in one, due to its wide availability and usage that this van carries.
Most vans in the country have some form of aftermarket parts added. These can span from simple modifications such as new alloy wheels to complex overhauls, which could include high-end in-car entertainment systems and fully customized bespoke seating. Older versions do come up for sale rarely, but in the case of first and second generation models are now somewhat of a collector’s item, with commanding classic car prices especially for the first generation models from 1977, which are colloquially called the Rukmani model in the country.
Spare parts and servicing are not difficult to come across at all, with both independent importers and the dealer Toyota Lanka providing both. Even spare parts for older first, second and third generation Toyota HiAce models are still available in Sri Lanka.
The New Toyota HiAce 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Toyota HiAce 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota HiAce 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The brand new Toyota HiAce 2016 compared to the 2015 model will provide a number of improvements to the drivetrain.
- 5-Speed Manual Transmission Option
- Smaller 70 L Fuel Tank for a Reduced Weight
- A More Powerful 111 Kw Engine for the 2.7 L Variant
- Available Petrol Engine Option
What are the New Toyota HiAce 2016 Standout Features?
The New Toyota HiAce 2016 stands out from the competition by offering an advanced convenient interior for the passengers.
- Excellent Interior Space in the Super Long Wheelbase (SLWB) Version
- Driver Focused Front Instrumentation Panel
- New Active and Passive Safety Features
- Fifth Row Fold Up Seats
What are the Toyota HiAce 2016 Design Updates?
The new Toyota HiAce 2016 will offer a wide selection of colour options while also enhancing the vans overall productivity.
- A Curved Aerodynamic Front Windscreen
- Newly Added Nine Colour Options
- Semi SBV Design to Easily Access Unique Engine Features
- Taller High-Roof for Improved Cargo Transporting
What is the Toyota HiAce 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the Toyota HiAce 2016 will depend on the local importer as well as the auxiliary features offered.
- Toyota HIACE 2016: Rs. 8,900,000
- Toyota HIACE - GL Grade 2016: Rs. 9,200,000
- Toyota HIACE KDH 223 2016: Rs. 9,590,000
Toyota HiAce Review in Sri Lanka
Toyota HiAce Engine Specifications and Performance
Under its hood, the Toyota HiAce packs quite a punch, with highly advanced features to power itself on tight Sri Lankan roads. The fourth and fifth generation Dolphin vans in Sri Lanka are mostly diesel variants, and are powered by either a 2.5 L, 2.7 L or 3.0 L four-cylinder engine, driving the rear wheels through either a five-speed manual or a four-speed auto transmission. The base engine of Toyota HiAce is capable of generating a maximum power of around 100 kW and a maximum torque of around 300 Nm, which gives it a notable top speed of roughly 152 km/l under the typical road conditions seen in Sri Lanka. As a result, the van also has a reasonable acceleration of 17.0 Seconds (from 0 to 100 km/h), which is enough to tackle most daily commuting challenges seen here. It also provides seating for a maximum of 14 passengers that has also helped the HiAce to become a commercial success here in Sri Lanka.
- Type: 2TR-FE, 16-valve DOHC, with VVT-i
- Size: 2.5 L/ 2.7 L/ 3.0 L
- Maximum Torque: 300 Nm @ 1200 rpm
- Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic/ 5-Speed Manual
- Top Speed: 152 km/h
- Acceleration: 17.0 Seconds (0-100 km/h)
Toyota HiAce Fuel Efficiency
The powerful engine of the Toyota HiAce has not significantly affected its fuel economy, with the HiAce recording a favorable fuel consumption rate on the highways seen here. The engine runs on Diesel and the HiAce typically has a 75 L fuel tank, giving it a notable range without the driver having to worry about refueling at the next stop.
- Fuel Category: Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 75 L
- CO2 Emissions: 223 g/km
New Toyota HiAce Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota HiAce 2016: 15.8 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2015: 12.5 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2014: 12.2 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2013: 10.1 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2012: 11.3 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2011: 11.2 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Toyota HiAce Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota HiAce 2010: 9.0 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2009: 9.2 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2008: 9.5 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2007: 7.8 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2006: 6.9 km/l
- Toyota HiAce 2005: 7.3 km/l
Toyota HiAce Features
Toyota HiAce Convenience and Entertainment Features
As primarily a passenger vehicle, the Toyota HiAce comes with a wide array of comfort and convenience features.
- Driver Bucket Seat
- Driver Footrest
- Multi Information Display (MID)
- Map Pockets
- Centre Console Storage
- Cup Holders in Dash
Toyota HiAce Safety Features
Toyota has certainly not left behind the safety element of this vehicle, with a range of features to protect its passengers on busy roads of Sri Lanka.
- Central Locking
- Cruise Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Reversing Camera
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)
The Design of the Toyota HiAce
Toyota HiAce Interior Design Elements
The interior design of the Toyota HiAce includes advance comfort and convenience features such as
- Trip Computer
- Electro-Chromatic Mirror
- Rear Bench Seat
- AUX Input for Portable Audio Players
- USB Input
- Front Power Window
Toyota HiAce Exterior Design Elements
The exterior design of the HiAce is a good example of Toyota’s aesthetic heritage and comes with elements that includes
- Retrogressive Camera
- Sliding Side Door
- Halogen Headlamps
- Power Exterior Mirrors
- Front and Rear Mud Flaps
- Driver's Side Sliding Door
Toyota HiAce Color Options
The Toyota HiAce is offered with a minimum of two interior colors and an array of exterior colors to choose from.
- French Vanilla
- Cascade Blue
- Manilla Yellow
Toyota HiAce, Compared to Other High-Featured Vans in Sri Lanka
Due to its position as a luxury level passenger van, the Toyota HiAce can be compared with the Nissan Caravan, the Toyota TownAce and the Mazda Bongo, which are all popular van models in Sri Lanka.
- Toyota HiAce vs. Nissan Caravan - The HiAce has a higher fuel capacity when compared with the Caravan
- Toyota HiAce vs. Toyota TownAce - The HiAce has a more powerful engine when compared with the TownAce
- Toyota HiAce vs. Mazda Bongo - The HiAce has better spare part availability when compared with the Bongo
Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota HiAce
If you are thinking about buying this van for a commercial purpose, then do not forget to consider the below aspects that can help you to make a more informed investment in the near future.
Toyota HiAce Advantages
- Highly spacious interior for passenger carrying purposes
- Admirable fuel economy for its class on Sri Lankan highways
- Advance safety features for both driver as well as passengers
- Very high aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
Toyota HiAce Disadvantages
- The Toyota HiAce has a very high price margin, even for older models in Sri Lanka.
- The Toyota HiAce may not have the best acceleration on the highway seen in Sri Lanka.
Toyota HiAce Price List in Sri Lanka
You can check our price list of the available Toyota HiAce for sale in Sri Lanka as given below.
Toyota HiAce Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Toyota HiAce Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota HiAce KDH221 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 10,300,000
- Toyota HiAce GL 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,350,000
- Toyota HiAce GL 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,200,000
- Toyota HiAce KDH223 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,000,000
- Toyota HiAce Super GL Dark Prime 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,800,000
- Toyota HiAce KDH201 Super GL 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,700,000
Reconditioned or Used Toyota HiAce Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota HiAce Super GL 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,500,000
- Toyota HiAce Super GL 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,450,000
- Toyota HiAce Super GL 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,400,000
- Toyota HiAce KDH 221 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,950,000
- Toyota HiAce GL KDH200 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,500,000
- Toyota HiAce 1998 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,500,000
Where to Find Toyota HiAce Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
Currently the best option available for a buyer who wants to buy a brand new Toyota HiAce is to contact the official distributor for Toyota vehicles in Sri Lanka, the Toyota Lanka Corporation. However, for those who wants to find a reconditioned or used HiAce van can also get in touch with third party vehicle dealers who are based in prominent cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota HiAce Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Toyota HiAce Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year