New and Used Toyota Hilux for Sale in Sri Lanka 2017
Born into the world in 1968, the Toyota Hilux has been one of the most successful pickup truck models ever to come out of the Toyota Motor Corporation. Its reliability and durability has been legendary, with many of these vehicles used for traveling in some of the most rugged terrains in the world. The engine of the Hilux is solid, durable, and provides the heavy pick up, enough pulling power to drag it up steep inclines as well as effortlessly move loads in the Pickup’s flatbed or while being towed. The stability of the engine and the reliability have also found it being slotted into the likes of KIA’s first generation Kia Sorento among few other vehicles.
Hilux is now in its 8th generation and is possibly the most capable pick-up truck in the world and the most popular model outside the U.S. The Toyota Hilux in Sri Lanka is available from generation 4 onwards, with the latest model being available in three main formats, the Hilux Single cab, the Hilux Double Cab and the Hilux Smart cab, respectively.
The spare parts for almost all the Hilux versions are easily available through Toyota Lanka and are widely accessible from independent dealers. Serious aftermarket modifications such as suspensions, turbo-chargers and cosmetic accessories are also available in Sri Lanka through specialists who focus on modifying the Hilux. Brand new vehicles are imported both through the agent and through independent importers. To fill the role of a reliable rugged and durable pickup truck, the Hilux is almost the perfect vehicle for the task.
The New Toyota Hilux 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Toyota Hilux 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota Hilux 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Toyota Hilux 2016 compared to the 2015 version will offer sharper looks and a more futuristic form factor.
- Aerodynamically Improved Smooth Front Hood
- Aero-Stabilizing Fins on Rear View Mirrors
- Curved-in Rear Bumper Number Plate Slot
- V-Shape Tailgate Metallic Handle
What are the New Toyota Hilux 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Toyota Hilux 2016 is made to stand out from the rest of the competition through its efficient drivetrain.
- Taller Cabin Space
- New and Refined 2.8 L Engine
- Upgraded Ventilated Disc Brakes
- Improved Active and Passive Safety Features
What are the Toyota Hilux 2016 Design Updates?
The latest iteration of the Toyota Hilux 2016 is designed to fit the ultramodern lifestyle of middle class consumers.
- New Glossy Colour Options
- Aerodynamic Bullet Shape Front
- Curved Narrow Headlights
- Front Roof-Antenna Design
What is the Toyota Hilux 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The Toyota Hilux 2016 price will be subject to the auxiliary features it offers as well as the local dealer.
- Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ E 2016: Rs. 8,500,000
Toyota Hilux Review in Sri Lanka
Toyota Hilux Engine Specifications and Performance
As a utility vehicle, a Toyota Hilux is built with a considerable power to engage with everyday tasks and comes with a wide array of performance related features. Almost all the Toyota Hilux trucks comes either as a two-wheel drive or as a four-wheel drive version to tackle both city as well as off-road terrains. Most of the Toyota Hilux engines available throughout the range are the 2.7 Lite D-4D Turbo Diesel with a select number of vehicles being available with the larger 3.0 Liter D-4D engine. A handful of 7th generation Toyota Hilux in Sri Lanka are powered by a 2.7 L inline 4-cylinder petrol engine as well, but are extremely rare due to the higher fuel consumption that such an engine brings along. The base engine of the Hilux has the capability to produce around 130 kW of power and nearly 420 Nm of torque, which has given it the capability to achieve a top speed of around 170 km/h, while also carrying four passengers in the process.
- Size: 2.7 L/ 3.0 L
- Maximum Output: 130 kW @ 3400 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 420 Nm @ 1400 rpm
- Top Speed: 170 km/h
- Acceleration: 13.7 Seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic/ 5-Speed Manual
Toyota Hilux Fuel Efficiency
As a whole, the Toyota Hilux is not an underperformer in the fuel economy department. It has recorded favorable fuel economy figures for both city as well as on the highways under tested driving conditions. The Hilux also comes with a massive size 80 L fuel tank as well, which gives it a longer range than most family cars.
- Fuel Category: Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 80 L
- CO2 Emissions: 201 g/km
New Toyota Hilux Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Hilux 2016: 9.1 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2015: 8.5 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2014: 9.6 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2013: 10 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2012: 9.1 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2011: 9.3 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Toyota Hilux Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Hilux 2010: 9.2 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2009: 8.7 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2008: 9.1 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2007: 8.6 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2006: 7.3 km/l
- Toyota Hilux 2005: 7.6 km/l
Toyota Hilux Features
Toyota Hilux Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Toyota Hilux has a reasonably good range of amenities to keep its passengers comfortable for a long distance ride.
- Climate Control
- Padded Armrest
- Seat Back Storage
- Beverage Holders
- Navigation System
- Main Dashboard Display
Toyota Hilux Safety Features
As a vehicle built for both transporting passengers as well as carrying cargo, the Toyota Hilux comes with a range of safety and security features that includes:
- Parking Distance System
- SRS Airbags
- Comprehensive Seat Belts
- Remote Central Door Locking
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
The Design of the Toyota Hilux
Toyota Hilux Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Toyota Hilux comes with modern design features such as:
- Grab Handles
- Slide Adjustment Seats
- Head Restraints
- LED Instrumentation
- Privacy Glass
- Leather Steering Wheel
Toyota Hilux Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Toyota Hilux is an unmistakable site on the road and is comprised of features that includes:
- Body Colored Front/ Rear Bumpers
- Chrome Exterior Door Handles
- Door Mirrors
- Upper Front Grille
- Chrome Door Belt Molding
Toyota Hilux Color Options
The Toyota Hilux pickup truck is offered with an array of eye catching exterior and interior colors.
Toyota Hilux Exterior Colors
- Pure White
- Hydro Blue
- Attitude Black
- Volcanic Red
- Ash Grey
- Orange Spice
Toyota Hilux, Compared to Other High-Featured Pickup Trucks in Sri Lanka
Due to its status as a highly functional utility vehicle, the Toyota Hilux can be compared with the Mitsubishi L200, the Nissan Navara and the Isuzu Double Cab, which are sold within Sri Lanka.
- Toyota Hilux vs. Mitsubishi L200 - The Hilux has more interior cabin space when compared with the L200
- Toyota Hilux vs. Nissan Navara - The Hilux has a more powerful engine when compared with the Navara
- Toyota Hilux vs. Isuzu Double Cab - The Hilux has better spare part availability when compared with the Double Cab
Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota Hilux
Regardless of whether you are a businessman or a family buyer, if you are on the lookout for a Toyota Hilux, then also remember to consider the following aspects that can give you better perspective on your buying decision.
Toyota Hilux Advantages
- Near legendary reliability on rough terrain conditions
- Outstanding interior space for long distance commutes
- Admirable fuel economy for its class
- Very high after market value in Sri Lanka
Toyota Hilux Disadvantages
- One of the disadvantages of the Toyota Hilux, is in fact its bulky size
- The Toyota Hilux may not have the best acceleration for a highway commute
Toyota Hilux Price List in Sri Lanka
Learn more about Toyota Hilux prices in Sri Lanka by checking out our price list as mentioned below.
Toyota Hilux Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Toyota Hilux Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Hilux Revo 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 11,100,000
- Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ E 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,500,000
- Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ E 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,400,000
- Toyota Hilux VIGO CHAMP G 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,900,000
Reconditioned and Used Toyota Hilux Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,100,000
- Toyota Hilux Vigo 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,900,000
- Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ G 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,875,000
- Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ G 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,450,000
- Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ G 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,350,000
- Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,650,000
Where to Find Toyota Hilux Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
For a prospective buyer who wants to buy a brand new Toyota Hilux from the Sri Lankan market can do so by getting in contact with the official distributor for Toyota vehicles in Sri Lanka, the Toyota Lanka Corporation. Nevertheless, for someone who is searching for a reconditioned or used Toyota Hilux pickup truck can also do so by searching through third party distributors that are located in popular cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Hilux Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Toyota Hilux Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year