New and Used Toyota Land Cruiser for Sale in Sri Lanka
Toyota’s full-size off-roader the Toyota Land Cruiser is currently on its fifth generation with the last three generations being widely available in Sri Lanka. Diesel engines almost exclusively power older 80-series and 100-series models and starting from the 200-series, petrol engines are being used more and more due to Sri Lanka’s import taxation system.
The Land Cruiser is an extremely capable, fully luxurious off roader, which is the closest Japanese competitor for the Range Rover/ Discovery models by Land Rover. Newer Land Cruisers mainly the 100-series and the 200-series are mostly used as road cars with a commanding driving position but under the softer skin, the vehicles are equipped with a robust four-wheel drive system, which brings power to the wheels through front, rear, and center locking differentials, similar to its smaller brother the Land Cruiser Prado. Earlier models up until the 80-series and the 100-series had predominantly diesel engines that delivered low RPM and the grunt needed for bumpy ground. Latest versions of the vehicle have smoother and more sophisticated petro engines as the powertrain of choice, which sacrifice pulling power for an overall modification, although the large volume and improvements in technology more than make up for the switch from Diesel to Petrol.
Introduced to the world in 1951, the Toyota Land Cruiser is the longest running production vehicle to come out of the Toyota Motor Corporation. This fully capable 4x4 is a top choice and possibly the most popular one for both hard-core enthusiasts and those who are seeking the experience, comfort and the safety of a big powerful car, and the closest you can come to driving a Range Rover without burning a very large hole through your wallet. The Land Cruiser has moved on from its utilitarian roots of the 80-series first generation into luxurious people career having the option of seating seven in the latter models, and becoming a symbol of wealth and power. Looks wise, it has evolved from being a boxy purpose-built vehicle to a muscular and modern looking body structure. The fifth-generation J200 Land Cruiser has a commanding presence and imposing lines, which are also complemented by moving the spare tyre from the rear door to the underside of the car in some models, keeping in line with what was done with the Land Cruiser Prado.
The New Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with upgrades to its drivetrain and safety features.
- Refined Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission
- New Front Collision-Avoidance System
- Advanced Pedestrian Detection
- Updated Blind Spot and Rear Cross-Traffic Warning Systems
What are New Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 stands out from its competition by offering a range of advanced convenience features.
- New Dual-Screen Rear-Seat Video Entertainment System
- Updated Entune Infotainment System
- Siri Eyes Free Technology
- A Qi Wireless Phone Charger
What are Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 has a wide range of updates to its interior as well as exterior.
- Redesigned Eight Person Seating Arrangement
- Standardised 18-Inch Wheels
- Refined Automatic LED Headlights and Running Lights
- Upgraded Automatic Wipers
What is the Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 price in Sri Lanka will depend on its trim and the local importer.
- Toyota Land Cruiser VX V8 2016: Rs. 38,800,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser ZX 2016: Rs. 38,500,000
Toyota Land Cruiser Review in Sri Lanka
Toyota Land Cruiser Engine Specifications and Performance
Due to its status as a luxury level SUV, the Toyota Land Cruiser certainly does not disappoint on the performance department and comes with a range of features to power itself on Sri Lanka’s bumpy roads. Even at its most basic configuration, the Toyota Land Cruiser is a true powerhouse on wheels. Its engine is powered using a superior 5.7 L V8 engine that also uses an 8-Speed Automatic, a Manual or even a Tiptronic transmission. As a result, the Toyota Land Cruiser has recorded an outstanding power output of roughly around 284 kW at 5600 rpm as well as an even impressive torque of more than 543 Nm at just 3600 rpm, giving it a top speed that exceeds 200 km/h on the highways seen here in Sri Lanka. Not only this, but the Land Cruiser also has a praiseworthy 9.2 seconds acceleration (from 0 to 100 km/h), making this one of the most powerful SUV’s available for buying in Sri Lanka.
- Size: 5.7 L
- Cylinders: V8
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic / Manual/ Tiptronic
- Maximum Output: 284 kW @ 5600 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 543 Nm @ 3600 rpm
- Top Speed: 200 km/h
Toyota Land Cruiser Fuel Efficiency
Being large and bulky vehicles, the fuel economy will never be the Land Cruiser’s forte, but for this value, and this level of luxury together with the fact that Land Cruiser can be a strong opponent for the 4x4xFAR Land Rovers, means it will not be a significant concern for the buyers.
- Fuel Category: Petrol/ Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded (Petrol)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 93 L
- CO2 Emissions: Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
New Toyota Land Cruiser Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2016: 6.6 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2015: 6.2 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2014: 6.9 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2013: 6.0 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2012: 6.6 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2011: 6.2 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Toyota Land Cruiser Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2010: 6.2 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2009: 7.1 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2008: 6.7 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2007: 6.6 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2006: 7.0 km/l
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2005: 6.7 km/l
Toyota Land Cruiser Features
Toyota Land Cruiser Convenience and Entertainment Features
As a luxury grade vehicle, the Toyota Land Cruiser offers a wide array of features for the comfort of its passengers.
- Climate Control
- CD player
- USB Port
- Multi-Terrain Monitor
- DVD Entertainment System
- HDMI Input
Toyota Land Cruiser Safety Features
If safety is what you are looking for in a high-end vehicle, then the Toyota Land Cruiser is one of the safest in the country and offers a wide variety of options to protect its passengers on Sri Lanka’s unpredictable roads.
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- TSS-P Pre-Collision Warning Alarm
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA)
- Smart Key System
- Pedestrian Detection (PCS/PD)
The Design of Toyota Land Cruiser
Toyota Land Cruiser Interior Design Elements
The interior design of the Toyota Land Cruiser is on par with any other luxury level vehicle and comes with features such as:
- Multimedia Touch-Screen
- Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Storage Pockets
- Cup and Bottle Holders
- Sun Visors
- Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Toyota Land Cruiser Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Land Cruiser is a remarkable sight with its sheer size that offers elements that includes:
- LED Fog Lights
- LED Stop Lights
- Side-Body Chrome Moldings
- Slide Moonroof
- Alloy Wheels
- Rear Spoiler
Toyota Land Cruiser Color Options
The Toyota Land Cruiser comes with a number of high-end color options in the Sri Lankan market.
- Blue Onyx Pearl
- Brandywine Mica
- Midnight Black Metallic
- Blizzard Pearl
- Classic Silver Metallic
- Magnetic Gray Metallic
Toyota Land Cruiser, Compared to Other High-Featured SUV’s in Sri Lanka
For being a top level SUV, the Toyota Land Cruiser can ideally be compared with the BMW X3, the Land Rover Range Rover and the Mitsubishi Pajero, seen throughout Sri Lanka.
- Toyota Land Cruiser vs. BMW X3 - The Land Cruiser has more interior space than the X3
- Toyota Land Cruiser vs. Land Rover Range Rover - The Land Cruiser is cheaper in price when compared with the Range Rover
- Toyota Land Cruiser vs. Mitsubishi Pajero - The Land Cruiser has a much powerful engine compared to the Pajero
Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota Land Cruiser
If you are one of the lucky buyers who are eyeing to purchase a Toyota Land Cruiser, then it is best to consider the following facts about this vehicle, before arriving at your final buying decision.
Toyota Land Cruiser Advantages:
- Outstanding safety and security features
- Class leading comfort and convenience options
- Strong off-road capabilities
- Very high aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
Toyota Land Cruiser Disadvantages:
- One of the main disadvantages of the Toyota Land Cruiser is its very high price margin in Sri Lanka
- Another slight disadvantage is its heavy and bulky form factor
Toyota Land Cruiser Price List in Sri Lanka
To find a new or used Toyota Land Cruiser for sale in Sri Lanka, look through our Toyota Land Cruiser price list given below.
Toyota Land Cruiser Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Toyota Land Cruiser Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Land Cruiser VX V8 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 38,800,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser ZX Bruno Cross 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 38,000,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser V8 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 29,000,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser Sahara 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 28,000,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser ZX V8 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 20,500,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 18,500,000
Used Toyota Land Cruiser Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Land Cruiser URJ202 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 18,000,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 11,300,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 11,000,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 10,860,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 10,500,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser 100 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,500,000
Where to Find Toyota Land Cruiser Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
For a buyer who is on the lookout for a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser, the best option would be to get in contact with the authorized distributor for Toyota vehicles in Sri Lanka, the Toyota Lanka Corporation. However, if you would like to explore your options or simply looking for a used or reconditioned vehicle, then remember to search through the dozens of third party distributors who are located in prominent cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Land Cruiser Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Toyota Land Cruiser Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year