New and Used Toyota Prius for Sale in Sri Lanka
Born into the world in 1997, the Toyota Prius was the first hybrid car to be sold in Sri Lanka. While the likes of the Honda Insight and the Honda Civic now have hybrid options available for the same form factor, this still remains the original choice for many Sri Lankan’s. Third party vendors can now supply spare parts, and outside mechanics can fix the cars as well, unlike earlier days where only Toyota Lanka had the expertise.
All versions, right from the four-door first generation Prius (1997-2003), is available in Sri Lanka, but the older ones are limited in its numbers. Second generation (XW20, 2003-2009) and third generation (XW30, 2009 onwards) are more widely available with a wide variety of options.
The original Prius was the first hybrid car to be imported into the island and subsequent models have found considerable popularity. This is due to its extremely fuel-efficient engine as well as due to the increased availability of parts and mechanical expertise. The design of the car has clear evolution from the Echo of yesteryear, but now has moved onto a more streamlined, modern look moving away from the quirky eccentric look of the first generation. Toyota Prius G and S Grade cars are the most popular in the market, with the latter having a sportier look complete with lower profile and sporty additions like side-skirts and a frontal lip
The New Toyota Prius 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Toyota Prius 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota Prius 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The brand new Toyota Prius 2016 iteration compared to the 2015 model will offer more power and better ergonomics.
- Improved Fuel Economy to 21 km/l
- Upgraded Power Train for More Command
- Quieter Engine Layout
- Improved Driving Position
What are the New Toyota Prius 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Toyota Prius 2016 will stand out from the rest of the competition with its upgraded interior space.
- New Parking Assistance Function
- Refined Front Driver and Passenger Space
- Notably Higher Cargo Capacity
- Special Prius 2 Eco Edition
What are the Toyota Prius 2016 Design Updates?
The new Toyota Prius 2016 model comes with an overall design upgrade to both its front and rear exterior.
- Refined Pearl and Metallic Colour Options
- Sharper and Narrower Headlight
- Significantly Tapered Front Grill
- Distinctive Rear Light Design
What is the Toyota Prius 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the brand new Toyota Prius 2016 will be subject to the optional trim and the local dealer.
- Toyota Prius S Grade 2016: Rs. 7,400,000
- Toyota Prius S Touring 2016: Rs. 7,890,000
- Toyota Prius S Navi Package 2016: Rs. 7,950,000
- Toyota Prius A Premium 2016: Rs. 8,150,000
Toyota Prius Review in Sri Lanka
Toyota Prius Engine Specifications and Performance
All three models have a single speed planetary gear system engine that sends power to the front wheels, and switches between the petrol and electric motors depending on the speed and battery level. The first generation Toyota Prius, rarer cars, are powered by a 1.5 L in-line four cylinder petrol engine with an electric motor kicking in for hybrid power, with the second generation XW20 also using a different tune of the same engine. However, from the third generation onwards, including the latest fourth generation Toyota Prius, uses a 1.8 L four-cylinder engine with an Atkinson cycle to conserve fuel. This engine can generate a notable level of power, even for its economic hybrid class and produces nearly 75 kW of maximum energy as well as more than 140 Nm of torque, giving it an excellent 180 km/l top speed on the highways of Sri Lanka.
- Size: 1.8 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Maximum Torque: 142 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Top Speed: 180 km/h
- Acceleration: 11 Seconds (0-100 km/h)
- Transmission: Continuously Variable-Speed Automatic
Toyota Prius Fuel Efficiency
Even with its relatively larger engine, while also being a fully hybrid vehicle, the Toyota Prius can still easily achieve an excellent fuel economy under the road conditions seen here In Sri Lanka. It is typically powered by regular petrol fuel and comes with a reasonable 45 L fuel tank as well, which helps it to achieve a longer range even under rocky road situations.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 45 L
- CO2 Emissions: Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (AT-PZEV)
New Toyota Prius Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Prius 2016: 22.9 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2015: 19.2 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2014: 20.3 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2013: 20.1 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2012: 20.5 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2011: 20 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Toyota Prius Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota Prius 2010: 19.7 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2009: 18.7 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2008: 18.9 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2007: 19 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2006: 18.9 km/l
- Toyota Prius 2005: 18.9 km/l
Toyota Prius Features
Toyota Prius Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Toyota Prius Hybrid comes with a wide array of comfort features for its passengers.
- Dust and pollen filtration
- 6.1-inch touch-screen
- USB port
- 6-speaker configuration
- Hands-free phone capability
- Bluetooth wireless technology
Toyota Prius Safety Features
The range of safety features included in the Toyota Prius shows that this vehicle is not only ecofriendly but it is also built to be safety friendly as well, which can be a huge plus when driving in Sri Lanka’s tight roads.
- Toyota Star Safety System
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- Advanced Airbag System
- Traction Control (TRAC)
The Design of the Toyota Prius
Toyota Prius Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Prius is as compact as any modern car can get with a range of design elements that includes:
- Hybrid System Indicator
- Power windows
- Storage compartments
- Cup holders
- Vanity mirrors
- Interior LED lights
Toyota Prius Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Toyota Prius displays the companies modern design theme with features such as:
- Projector-beam halogen headlights
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- LED tail and stoplights
- Heated power outside mirrors
- Intermittent rear window wiper
- Rear spoiler
Toyota Prius Color Options
The Toyota Prius comes with an array of exterior and interior metallic, pearl as well as cloth-trimmed colors
Toyota Prius Exterior Colors
- Sea Glass Pearl
- Nautical Blue Metallic
- Winter Gray Metallic
- Blizzard Pearl
- Classic Silver Metallic
- Barcelona Red Metallic
Toyota Prius, Compared to Other High-Featured Cars in Sri Lanka
As a hybrid mid-sized sedan, the Toyota Prius can be compared with its main competitor the Honda Insight as well as with the Toyota Aqua and the Honda Fit, which are all popular vehicles amongst hybrid car lovers in the country.
- Toyota Prius vs. Honda Insight - The Prius has a more powerful engine compared to the Insight
- Toyota Prius vs. Toyota Aqua - The Prius has a higher fuel capacity compared to the Aqua
- Toyota Prius vs. Honda Fit - The Prius has a better fuel economy compared to the Fit
Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota Prius
If you are considering buying this technologically advanced vehicle, then also remember to consider the following aspects that will help you to make a better decision.
Toyota Prius Advantages
- The best fuel economy in its class
- Spacious interior for passenger comfort
- High volume cargo area
- Advanced interior options
Toyota Prius Disadvantages
- The Toyota Prius may not have a very powerful engine with high levels of acceleration
- Some reviewers have stated that the dashboard design of this vehicle is a bit confusing
Toyota Prius Price List in Sri Lanka
Learn more about the Toyota Prius price in Sri Lanka by checking out our detailed price list below.
Toyota Prius Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Toyota Prius Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Prius S Touring 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,700,000
- Toyota Prius S Grade 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,600,000
- Toyota Prius S Navi 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,000,000
- Toyota Prius Alpha 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,000,000
Reconditioned and Used Toyota Prius Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota Prius G Touring 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,975,000
- Toyota Prius Gs 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,250,000
- Toyota Prius S Touring 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,300,000
- Toyota Prius 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,250,000
- Toyota Prius 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,700,000
- Toyota Prius 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,500,000
Where to Find Toyota Prius Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
For those who like to buy a brand new Toyota Prius, can do so through the Toyota Lanka Corporation, who are also the official distributers for genuine Toyota vehicles and spare parts sold in the country. Nevertheless, for those who are living outside of the Colombo district can also look through the dozens of third party dealers, based in major cities throughout the island.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Prius Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Toyota Prius Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year