New and Used Toyota RAV4 for Sale in Sri Lanka 2017
The RAV4, which is manufactured by Toyota, is a compact crossover SUV sold in Sri Lanka. It has been a favorite among many, who wished to have a sports utility vehicle, which could handle both city commuting as well as off-roading activities at the same time. The word RAV4 stands for "Recreational Active Vehicle with 4-wheel drive". This is in part because of the fact that the 4WD capability of the SUV was only available in a number of selected markets. In Sri Lanka, the Toyota RAV4 is mostly a two-wheel drive vehicle that still has some capacity for off-roading activities. One of the key notable aspects of this vehicle, particularly among its newer models, is that the RAV4 also comes with a hybrid version, which is further complimented by an all-electric model that was designed in collaboration with the Tesla Motors Corporation. Fore Sri Lankans who prefer alternative fuel vehicles, should find this a welcoming addition to the already popular hybrid cars sold in the country.
First introduced to the world in 1994, the Toyota RAV4 has been one of the most successful SUV models to come out of the Toyota Motor Corporation. Built as a compact family SUV, it has managed to win the hearts and minds of many sports utility vehicle lovers around the world. Currently running in its fourth generation, which was released to the market in 2013, the RAV4 has seen some significant improvements throughout the years. The RAV4 2016 model has been given a facelift particularly for the XA40 series. The latest hybrid model of the RAV4 also comes in an all-wheel drive version that is said to have an additional electric motor mounted to its rear wheels giving more off-roading power in the process. The authorized distributor for Toyota vehicles in the country Toyota Lanka, offers the RAV4 among its local vehicle range. Dozens of third party distributors also sell this vehicle, particularly used or reconditioned models and provide spare parts and accessories for the SUV, giving owners the capability to maintain it for a longer time.
The New Toyota RAV4 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Toyota RAV4 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota RAV4 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Toyota RAV4 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a range of new drivetrain and safety features.
- New RAV4 Hybrid Model
- Improved Responsive Drive Quality
- New Electronic Safety Systems
- New RAV4 SE Sports Model
What are New Toyota RAV4 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Toyota RAV4 2016 stands out from the rest of the competition by providing a number of convenience features.
- Advanced 14 km/l Hybrid Fuel Economy
- New 12-Volt Rear Outlet
- Additional USB Port
- Advanced Seven-Inch Touchscreen Digital Display
What are Toyota RAV4 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Toyota RAV4 2016 offers a range of design updates to its front and rear exterior layout.
- Seven New Colour Options
- New 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- New Front Bumper and Grille Design
- Reshaped Taillight Design
What is the Toyota RAV4 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The new Toyota RAV4 2016 price in the Sri Lankan market depends on the features offered and the local dealer.
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid 2016: Rs. 9,850,000
- Toyota RAV4 XLE 2016: Rs. 9,550,000
Toyota RAV4 Review in Sri Lanka
Toyota RAV4 Engine Specifications and Performance
The Toyota RAV4 has a powerful engine for its class and is fully capable of tackling the challenging environments found in Sri Lanka. The 2016 Toyota RAV4 is driven using a capable 2.5 L, 4-cylinder, DOHC 16-Valve with Dual VVT-i engine that also uses a 6-speed ECT-i transmission to power its capable drive train. This advanced configuration has given the RAV4 with a maximum power output of 132 kW at 6000 rpm and a maximum torque that can exceed 233 Nm at just 4100 rpm, allowing it to steer through tough road conditions commonly seen in Sri Lanka. As a result, the latest Toyota RAV4 SUV can achieve an impressive top speed of around 185 km/h and an even impressive acceleration of around 10 seconds, from zero to 100 km/h, making the Toyota RAV4 one of the best performing family SUV models available for buying in the Sri Lankan market.
- Size: 2.5 L
- Cylinders: 4-Cylinder
- Maximum Output: 132 kW@ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 233 Nm @ 4100 rpm
- Top Speed: 185 km/h
- Transmission: 6-Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission with Intelligence (ECT-i)
Toyota RAV4 Fuel Efficiency
The powerful engine of the Toyota RAV4 however, has not significantly affected its fuel economy, with the RAV4 achieving an excellent mileage on a city drive and as well as on the highway. In the long term, this gives the RAV4 a combined fuel economy that is better than most of its competitors in Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 60 L
- CO2 Emissions: 174 g/km (As tested by LTA), Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
New Toyota RAV4 Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota RAV4 2016: 13.0 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2015: 10.3 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2014: 10.5 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2013: 10.4 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2012: 9.5 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2011: 9.5 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Toyota RAV4 Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota RAV4 2010: 9.4 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2009: 9.3 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2008: 9.1 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2007: 9.5 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2006: 9.5 km/l
- Toyota RAV4 2005: 10.0 km/l
Toyota RAV4 Features
Toyota RAV4 Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Toyota RAV4 is comprised with a number of advanced comfort and convenience features to keep its passengers busy.
- Air Conditioning
- Climate Control
- Backup Camera
- AM/ FM Radio
- CD Player
- MP3 Player
Toyota RAV4 Safety Features
For being a compact SUV, the Toyota RAV4 has certainly not taken the safety element lightly and has a number of advanced options to keep you and your family safe on the road.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST)
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
The Design of Toyota RAV4
Toyota RAV4 Interior Design Elements
The Toyota RAV4 offers an eye-catching range of interior design features for its passengers that includes elements such as:
- Six Speaker Configuration
- Day/ Night Rearview Mirror
- Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Multi-Information Display
- Adjustable Driver's Seat
- Seatback Pocket
Toyota RAV4 Exterior Design Elements
The exterior aesthetics of the RAV4 has been an iconic factor of this SUV and is offered with a range of elements that includes:
- Roof-Mounted Antenna
- Windshield Wipers
- Privacy Glass
- Rear Window Defogger
- Roof Rails
- Noise-Reducing Front Windshield
Toyota RAV4 Color Options
As one of the most sort after family SUV models from the Toyota Motor Corporation, the Toyota RAV4 does not disappoint on the color options department and provides a variety of metallic colors for the buyers.
- Blizzard Pearl
- Barcelona Red Metallic
- Classic Silver Metallic
- Super White
- Magnetic Gray Metallic
- Pyrite Mica
Toyota RAV4, Compared to Other High-Featured SUV’s in Sri Lanka
The Toyota RAV4 can ideally be compared with the Honda CR-V, the Hyundai Santa Fe and the Kia Sportage, which are popular midrange SUV models sold in Sri Lanka.
- Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V - The RAV4 has a larger engine when compared with the CR-V
- Toyota RAV4 vs. Hyundai Santa Fe - The RAV4 is cheaper in price compared with the Santa Fe
- Toyota RAV4 vs. Kia Sportage - The RAV4 has better fuel economy if compared with the Sportage
Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota RAV4
If you are now thinking about buying this advanced compact SUV, then do not forget to consider the following aspects, which can be a help when arriving at a more informed buying decision.
Toyota RAV4 Advantages:
- Superb convenience and comfort features
- Outstanding safety features
- Renowned build quality
- Very high aftermarket value
Toyota RAV4 Disadvantages:
- One of the biggest disadvantages of the Toyota RAV4, especially within Sri Lanka is its high price margin
- Since it is a compact SUV, the Toyota RAV4 does not have a third row seat option
Toyota RAV4 Price List in Sri Lanka
If searching for a Toyota RAV4 for sale in Sri Lanka, then consider our Toyota RAV4 price list as mentioned below.
Toyota RAV4 Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Toyota RAV4 Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,850,000
- Toyota RAV4 Silver 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 9,470,000
- Toyota RAV4 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 8,700,000
- Toyota RAV4 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,450,000
- Toyota RAV4 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,850,000
- Toyota RAV4 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,240,000
Used Toyota RAV4 Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota RAV4 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,700,000
- Toyota RAV4 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,600,000
- Toyota RAV4 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,500,000
- Toyota RAV4 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,800,000
- Toyota RAV4 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,130,000
- Toyota RAV4 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,860,000
Where to Find Toyota RAV4 Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
The best place to find a brand new Toyota RAV4 is to get in contact with the authorized distributor for Toyota vehicles in Sri Lanka, which is the Toyota Lanka (Private) Limited, located just north of Colombo within the Wattala city. However, for a buyer who would like to explore more options, can also contact prominent third party merchants who are located in various cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota RAV4 Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Toyota RAV4 Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year