Toyota Regius for sale in Sri Lanka 2017
Toyota Regius Review
The Toyota Regius, which is also called as Toyota Hiace has been a favorite among Sri Lankans for a long time and is a commonly used van in cities such as Colombo, Kandy, Galle and the suburbs as commuters, multi-purpose vehicles and even family vans. The Toyota Regius was positioned as a luxury extension of the Hiace and was offered to the Sri Lankan market as reconditioned 7-seat or 8-seat vans in the early 2000's under the "Regius Hiace" and "Regius Touring Hiace" trims. Production of this particular model commenced in 1998 and ceased in 2004.
The most commonly available Toyota Regius models in the country are two-wheel drive whilst there are also a handful of four-wheel drive vans available in Sri Lanka. The Regius is fitted with many options making it a viable choice for buyers who want an unregistered vehicle. Even in its used condition, the Toyota Regius is still appealing to many who look to buy a second-hand van. The options include Power Shutters, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Air Conditioning (Dual Air-conditioning was available in the Commuter models) and models with higher trim levels came with the power door option as well. The interior too is more appealing than other vehicles in the Sri Lankan van market.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Toyota Regius
1. History and Facts about Toyota Regius
First introduced in 1998, Toyota made drastic changes to the design of this vehicle when compared to the previous Hiace models, and presented the Regius as a semi-bonneted van in order to improve safety for the driver and passengers by positioning the front wheels in front of the front seats. One could argue that its sibling the Toyota Noah inspired the design cues of this van. With the new design came improved aerodynamics, which made the vehicle much easier to handle at higher speeds compared to its predecessors. The new layout also drastically helped to enhance the ride comfort of the Toyota Regius.
If you are in the market for an MPV like vehicle that does not compromise on ride comfort and luxury, the Toyota Regius will be a very viable option. The Toyota Regius is easy to run and maintain and has managed to hold its value in the second hand van market in Sri Lanka, which in itself makes the Regius a sensible option for all interested buyers.
2. Toyota Regius Specifications And Performance
The Toyota Regius is a powerful van, which is fully capable to handle the challenging conditions on Sri Lanka’s tight roads.
- Type: Line Engine 4Moteur DOHC
- Size: 2.4 L/ 2.7 L/ 3.0 L
- Cylinders: 4-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5
- Maximum Output: 107 kW @ 4800 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 227.5 Nm @ 3600 rpm
- Transmission: 4 speed Automatic
- Top Speed: 155 kph
- Acceleration: 24 seconds, estimate (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Power-assisted Steering
- Drive Type: 2WD/ 4WD
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Double wishbone/ Semi elliptic leaf springs
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated discs/ discs
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 538 cm × 189 cm × 238 cm
- Curb Weight: 1,820 kg
- Seating Capacity: 7/ 8-seats
3. Toyota Regius Fuel Consumption
The van was made available in a range of engine configurations, which ranged from 2.4 L to a 3.6 L V6. However, the most commonly found models of Toyota Regius in Sri Lanka come with either a 2.4 L, 2.7 L or 3.0 L Turbo-diesel block. The drive train is complemented with either a 4-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual. Toyota Regius vans in Colombo can offer up to 10-12 km/l in the city and between 14-15 km/l on long distance trips around Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol/ Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular gasoline
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 65 L
4. Design and Features of Toyota Regius
Interior: The interior of the Toyota Regius comes with comfort and convenience features that includes Power Windows, A/C Front, A/C Rear, Climate Control, Power Steering, Custom Wheels, AM/ FM Stereo, Driver Airbag, CD Audio System, Cup Holders, DVD Player, TV, Third Row Seats, Armrests, Electric Mirrors as well as Rear Seat Belts.
Exterior: The exterior is a prominent display of Toyota’s in-house design and comes with elements that includes Alloy Wheels, Fog Lights, HID Lights, Tinted Glass, Power Mirrors, Rear Spoiler, Wheel Spanner, Grill Guard, Rear Wiper and Front Spotlights.
5. Available Color Options of Toyota Regius in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Light & Dark Grey
For Exterior: White, Black, Silver, Gunmetal,
6. How is Safety Rating And Associated Features of Toyota Regius
As a van that is built for passenger carrying purposes, the Toyota Regius does not back down on the safety aspects and can offer a number of highly useful features for the Sri Lankan commuters.
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- SRS Airbag
- Passenger Airbag
- Alarm System
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Spare Key
- Power Door Locks
- Central Locking
- Back Reverse Camera
- Traction Control
- Rear Parking Sensors
7. What are the Standout Elements of Toyota Regius
The comfort and luxury centered design of the van's interior alongside the exterior arrangement that brings improved aerodynamics to the equation, buys the Toyota Regius extra credit in this extremely saturated MPV market.
The high level of dependability of this van, the extended list of options and the fuel economy, are all standout factors that helped the Toyota Regius position itself better.
8. Toyota Regius Compared To Other High-Featured Vans Found In Sri Lanka
The Toyota Regius has a number of competitors within the local market and can be compared with the Toyota TownAce, the Mazda Bongo and the Isuzu Fargo, which are found across the country.
- Toyota Regius vs. Toyota TownAce - The Regius has a more powerful engine when compared with the TownAce
- Toyota Regius vs. Mazda Bongo - The Regius has better spare part availability in Sri Lanka when compared with the Bongo
- Toyota Regius vs. Isuzu Fargo - The Regius has a more comfort and convenience features when compared with the Fargo
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota Regius
If you are a small business owner or a domestic user who is thinking about buying a Toyota Regius in the near future, then also remember to think about the below facts, before arriving at your final decision.
- Powerful engine to tackle with everyday commutes in Sri Lanka
- Very good fuel economy on the countries busy cities
- Excellent aftermarket value for all versions of this model
- Admirable convenience features for modern day use
- High level of safety built through its fundamental design
One of the key disadvantages of this van, particularly if you are thinking about buying one is its high price margin, even for second hand models. However, this is mainly due to the reliability of this vehicle, which can be a very important factor for small business owners in Sri Lanka.
Passengers who use the rear-end seat might find the available legroom to be a bit lacking for their comfort. Nevertheless, the Regius offers enough space for a comfortable city commute in Sri Lanka.
10. Where to Find a Toyota Regius for Sale in Sri Lanka
Typically, for most Toyota vehicles, especially for brand new ones, the go to place is the Toyota Lanka Corporation. However, for a buyer who would like to explore their options can also look through third party vehicle dealers, based in a number of prominent cities across the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota Regius for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Toyota Regius Price in Sri Lanka
As of 2015, a used or reconditioned Toyota Regius can be purchased at around Rs. 2,400,000 for a 1998 model and around Rs. 5,900,000 for a 2013 model, subject to its overall grade and the amount of facilities being offered.
Toyota Regius Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for Reconditioned or Used Toyota Regius
- Toyota Regius 1998: Rs. 2,400,000
- Toyota Regius 1999: Rs. 2,500,000
- Toyota Regius 2005: Rs. 4,600,000
- Toyota Regius 2006: Rs. 6,600,000
- Toyota Regius 2007: Rs. 5,500,000
- Toyota Regius 2011: Rs. 6,400,000
- Toyota Regius 2013: Rs. 5,900,000