Toyota Regius Ace Van for Sale in Sri Lanka 2017
Toyota Regius Ace Review
The RegiusAce, which is manufactured by Toyota, is a high-end luxury van that is closely related to the popular Toyota HiAce van. It is initially introduced as a luxury version of the HiAce and had slightly differing versions in the Japanese market. These were mainly named as the Regius HiAce or the Regius Touring HiAce that were sold at Toyopet as well as Vista dealerships stores.
The model received considerable popularity in the Asian market including Sri Lanka, primarily for its class leading advanced features, highly admirable fuel economy, even on city driving environments and ample interior space for both transporting passengers as well as small-scale cargo.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Toyota RegiusAce
1. History and Facts about Toyota RegiusAce in Sri Lanka
The origin of the Toyota RegiusAce goes to the beginning of the 21st century when it was first launched in August 1999 for the Japanese vehicle market, as a high-end luxury version of the Toyota HiAce van. The first generation of the RegiusAce lasted from 1999 until 2004 and paved the way for the even advanced second generation, which was introduced to the world in 2005.
In Sri Lanka, Toyota RegiusAce gained a considerable popularity from its initial introduction, as a more feature rich alternative to the Toyota HiAce. Individual owners as well as small businesses now popularly use this van for small-scale commercial activities. These normally includes transporting passengers for holiday trips, as well as a school or office van, for transporting children or office workers on a daily basis. Currently there is no Hybrid version of the Toyota RegiusAce, though Toyota does have plans to expand the Hybrid technology to its range of popular vans in the future.
2. Toyota RegiusAce Specifications And Performance
The Toyota RegiusAce comes with a powerful engine and drivetrain to transport its passengers as well as cargo, safely and quickly to the intended destination.
- Type: Water-cooled DOHC
- Size: 3.0 L
- Cylinders: 4-cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5
- Maximum Output: 98 kW @ 5600 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 182 Nm @ 4000 rpm
- Transmission: Automatic
- Top Speed: 180 km/h
- Acceleration: 24 seconds, estimate (0-100 km/h)
- Steering Specs: Rack & pinion type with power assist
- Drive Type: 4WD
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Double wishbone/ Semi elliptic leaf springs with hydraulic shock absorbers
- Brakes (Front / Rear): Ventilated disk/ Drum
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 4.69 m × 1.69 m × 2.24 m
- Curb Weight: 2,230 kg
- Seating Capacity: 10-seats
3. Toyota RegiusAce Fuel Consumption
The engine of the Toyota RegiusAce is a highly capable 3.0 L, 4-cylinder, water-cooled DOHC locomotive that uses an automatic transmission to power its drivetrain. This has resulted in a maximum engine power output of around 98 kW @ 5600 rpm and a maximum torque of around 182 Nm @ 4000 rpm, which makes it one of the strongest competitors in its class.
However, in order to achieve this powerful output, the RegiusAce did not sacrificed its fuel efficiency. The van is in fact capable of attaining around 12 km/l on city driving and around 13 km/l on Sri Lanka’s highways, which is admirable for its high-end class.
- Fuel Category: Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Regular gasoline
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 70 L
4.Design and Feautures of Toyota RegiusAce
Interior: The interior of the Toyota RegiusAce comes with advanced convenience options such as Multifunction Steering, Duel AC, Climate Control, Power Windows, Power Steering, Rear Armrest, CD player, Bluetooth Connectivity, MP3 Player, TV, Rear Window Defroster, Sound System, Bluetooth Connectivity, Odor Absorber, Radio as well as a Dehumidifier.
Exterior: The exterior of the RegiusAce is prominent and offers elements that includes Alloy Wheels, LED Lights, Power Side Doors, Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Fog Lamps, Rear Wiper, Back Suction Close Door, Privacy Glass, Back Monitor as well as Winker Mirrors.
5. Available Color Options of Toyota RegiusAce in Sri Lanka
For Interior: Gray Cloth, Black Cloth
For Exterior: Black, Blue, Green, Maroon, Purple, Silver/ Grey, White
6. How is Safety Rating And Associated Features of Toyota RegiusAce
The Toyota RegiusAce can be denoted as one of the safest vans with class leading safety and security features, to be available for buying in Sri Lanka.
- SRS Airbags
- Push Button Start
- Rear Parking Camera
- Smart Key
- Security System
- Anti-Theft System
- Central Lock
- Remote Key
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Brake Assist
- Power Door Locks
- Keyless Entry
- Alarm System
- Back Monitor
7. What are the Standout Elements of Toyota RegiusAce
For its outstanding design, the most prominent standout element of the Toyota RegiusAce is its ample seating space, which is one of the highest for a vehicle that only requires a standard driver’s license to operate in Sri Lanka.
Apart from being a passenger-carrying vehicle, another important feature that helps to differentiate this van is its capability to transport heavy cargo, which is certainly a welcoming aspect for many small-scale business owners in the country.
8. Toyota RegiusAce Compared To Other High-Featured Vans In Sri Lanka
As one of the most high-featured vans sold in Sri Lanka, the Toyota RegiusAce can be compared with the Nissan Vanette, the Toyota TownAce and the Mazda Bongo, for features, value for money as well as the overall performance.
- Toyota RegiusAce vs. Nissan Vanette - The RegiusAce has a higher aftermarket value compared to the Vanette
- Toyota RegiusAce vs. Toyota TownAce - The RegiusAce has more comfort and convenience options compared to the TownAce
- Toyota RegiusAce vs. Mazda Bongo - The RegiusAce has better spare parts availability in Sri Lanka compared to the Bongo
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota RegiusAce
For a buyer who is considering buying a Toyota RegiusAce multipurpose van, should also consider the following aspects, to arrive at a more informed buying decision.
- Excellent seating arrangements for the passengers with ample legroom
- High degree of luxury features for a relaxed ride
- Admirable fuel economy for long distance drives
- Availability of accessories and spare parts throughout the country
- Very high aftermarket value in Sri Lanka
The Toyota RegiusAce provides plenty of interior space for all its passengers, but this also means the dimensions of this vehicle are a bit too big for some drivers, especially when dealing with the tight road conditions of Sri Lanka.
As a vehicle built for the transportation of passengers as well as cargo, the Toyota RegiusAce may not have the best acceleration for the liking of some users. Nevertheless, the van is still fully capable of quick maneuvering under urban road conditions.
10. Where to Find a Toyota RegiusAce for Sale in Sri Lanka
Typically for brand new Toyota vehicles, the go to distributor is the Toyota Lanka (Private) Limited. However, if you are searching for a Toyota RegiusAce van, then it is also best to search through the dozens of third party vehicle dealers who are located in prominent cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Toyota RegiusAce for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Toyota RegiusAce Price in Sri Lanka
A Toyota RegiusAce van in its brand new condition in Sri Lanka can be obtained for roughly Rs. 6,900,000 (2015), depending on the features being offered. Used or reconditioned vans are more prevalent, and can be obtained for around Rs. 6,150,000 to Rs. 6,600,000 as of (2015), subject to its built year as well as its used status.
Toyota RegiusAce Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for New Toyota RegiusAce
- Toyota RegiusAce Super GL 2015: Rs. 6,900,000
Price for Reconditioned or Used Toyota RegiusAce
- Toyota RegiusAce Super GL 2007: Rs. 6,150,000
- Toyota RegiusAce Super GL 2013: Rs. 6,400,000
- Toyota RegiusAce Super GL KDH201 2013: Rs. 6,600,000