New and Used Toyota TownAce for Sale in Sri Lanka
Toyota TownAce Carmudi User Rating
3.4 stars out of
Based on our Carmudi Customer Survey of
Toyota's small utility van, the TownAce (also referred as the LiteAce or the TownAce Noah), is a utility van that is available in Sri Lanka, both as a passenger and as a commercial vehicle. The latest generation of the van was released in 2008, but the fourth generation KR40/ KR50 vehicles are still available in the market, and is popular as a commercial vehicle and a personal transport solution for large families in Sri Lanka. The Toyota TownAce truck in Sri Lanka is now a vehicle that is increasingly finding commercial appeal, as more and more consumers move away from vans as domestic vehicles, and look at cars or SUVs as personal options. Being a Toyota, the market for the TownAce is still very strong, and a large selection of vehicles are available throughout the island.
Born into the world in 1970, the Toyota TownAce, as it is popularly known in the island, has seen significant success throughout the country, to become one of the most well recognized Van models found in Sri Lanka. The TownAce shifted to a Kei-car format in its fifth, S400 generation, and is now mainly sold under the Daihatsu brand as a small petrol vehicle that suits city driving purposes. Even though the model is now not a common sight, a wide network of independent dealers providing spare parts has made maintaining the vehicle a non-arduous task. Servicing options for the van is easily available, for routine maintenance purposes.
The New Toyota TownAce 2016 is Finally Here in Sri Lanka!
Toyota TownAce 2016 in Sri Lanka
How is the Toyota TownAce 2016 Different From the 2015 Model?
The new Toyota TownAce 2016 compared to the 2015 model comes with a number of improvements to its drivetrain.
- Improved Petrol Engine Version
- Enhanced Cargo Capacity
- Better Fuel Economy
- Amplified Crushable Zone
What are New Toyota TownAce 2016 Standout Features?
The all-new Toyota TownAce 2016 stands out from the crowd by providing a range of convenience features to the passengers.
- Advanced 4WD Option
- Improved 5-Door Plan Layout
- Productive 2/ 5 or 8 Seating Arrangement
- More Spacious High Rooftop Version
What are Toyota TownAce 2016 Design Updates?
The brand new Toyota TownAce 2016 offers a range of updates to its available colour options and the overall design.
- New Silver Mica Metallic Colour Option
- Prominent Front Cap Design
- Aerodynamic Rear View Mirrors
- Narrower Rear Stoplights
What is the Toyota TownAce 2016 Price in Sri Lanka?
The price of the new Toyota TownAce 2016 will be subject to the optional features offered and the local dealer.
- Toyota TownAce 4WD 2016: Rs. 7,950,000
- Toyota TownAce 2WD 2016: Rs. 7,200,000
Toyota TownAce Review in Sri Lanka
Toyota TownAce Engine Specifications and Performance
The van performs like an average van, but the legendary reliability of Toyota vehicles has been its selling point. Like its big brother the Toyota HiAce, some TownAce vehicles in Sri Lanka can be found with more than 200,000 km on the clock, but still running with a high-degree of reliability. Most of the TownAce KR40-series vehicles found in Sri Lanka are powered through a 1.8-liter four-cylinder diesel engine, while driving its rear-wheels through a five-speed manual gearbox. Four-speed automatic transmission was also an option, and around half the vehicles used this configuration as its transmission choice. A few petrol versions of the vehicle were also imported to Sri Lanka, but are rare due to the high running costs of their thirsty engines. The most recent generation commonly uses a 1.5 L 4-cylinder engine, and combined with a 4-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual transmission, produces a maximum output of 71 kW and a torque of 160 Nm, allowing it to tackle all sorts of road conditions found in our country.
- Size: 1.5 L/ 2.0 L
- Cylinders: 04-cylinder
- Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic/ 5-Speed Manual
- Maximum Output: 71 kW @ 6000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 160 Nm @ 3800 rpm
- Top Speed: 180 km/h
Toyota TownAce Fuel Efficiency
Under tested conditions, the Toyota TownAce has reported an excellent overall fuel economy, which is reasonably quite good under the island's rocky road situation. Even though it is a van, the Toyota TownAce also comes with a 55 L fuel tank that gives it a longer range on local roads.
- Fuel Category: Diesel
- Recommended Fuel Type: Unleaded ULP
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 55 L
New Toyota TownAce Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota TownAce 2016: 12.5 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2015: 12.2 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2014: 12.6 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2013: 11.6 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2012: 10.5 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2011: 11.2 km/l
Used or Reconditioned Toyota TownAce Fuel Consumption (Combined)
- Toyota TownAce 2010: 10.2 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2009: 9.0 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2008: 10.7 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2007: 9.5 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2006: 9.8 km/l
- Toyota TownAce 2005: 8.8 km/l
Toyota TownAce Features
Toyota TownAce Convenience and Entertainment Features
As a van, the Toyota TownAce does come with an array of comfort and convenience features to keep its passengers busy on the road.
- A/C: Front
- A/C: Rear
- AM/FM stereo
- Auxiliary input
- CD audio system
- Navigation System
Toyota TownAce Safety Features
The TownAce comes with a good range of safety related features to secure the safe transport of its passengers.
- ABS (Anti-Lock Brakes)
- Comprehensive Airbags
- Integrated Door Locks
- Side Impact Bar
- Fog Lights
- Controlled Windows
The Design of Toyota TownAce
Toyota TownAce Interior Design Elements
The interior of the Toyota TownAce models that are available to be sold in Sri Lanka widely includes design elements such as:
- Cup Holders
- Center Console
- Third Row Seats
- Inside Lights
- Inside Door Handles
Toyota TownAce Exterior Design Elements
The exterior of the Toyota TownAce is a classic example of Toyota’s van design and mainly comprised of elements such as:
- Alloy wheels
- Fog lights
- Tinted glass
- Sliding doors
- Front fog lamp
Toyota TownAce Color Options
As both a passenger and cargo enabled vehicle, the Toyota TownAce does come with an array of colors to attract more buyers.
Toyota TownAce, Compared to Other High-Featured Vans in Sri Lanka
The Toyota TownAce van can be compared with the Nissan Vanette, the Mazda Bongo and the Isuzu Fargo, which are widely available around the country.
- Toyota TownAce vs. Nissan Vanette - The TownAce has more color options compared to the Vanette
- Toyota TownAce vs. Mazda Bongo - The TownAce has a better spare part availability compared to the Bongo
- Toyota TownAce vs. Isuzu Fargo - The TownAce is overall smaller to fit Sri Lanka’s tight roads, compared to the Fargo
Key Reasons to Buy a Toyota TownAce
Regardless of your intention, if you are hoping to buy a used or a reconditioned Toyota TownAce in Sri Lanka, then remember to consider the following aspects for a better buying decision.
Toyota TownAce Advantages:
- Ample room space for both passengers and cargo carrying
- Good level of fuel economy
- Wide availability of spare parts in Sri Lanka
- Excellent after market value
Toyota TownAce Disadvantages:
- The fact that the model is no longer in production might be a turnoff for some vehicle buyers in Sri Lanka
- Some popular versions of the TownAce has a typically smaller 1.5 L engine, which some drivers may not find satisfactory
Toyota TownAce Price List in Sri Lanka
If you are also searching for a new or used Toyota TownAce for sale in Sri Lanka, then check out our Toyota TownAce price list given below.
Toyota TownAce Price List at Carmudi.lk
New Toyota TownAce Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota TownAce 4WD 2016 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,950,000
- Toyota TownAce 2015 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,550,000
- Toyota TownAce 2014 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 7,150,000
- Toyota TownAce 2013 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,870,000
- Toyota TownAce DX 2012 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,700,000
- Toyota TownAce 2011 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,470,000
Used Toyota TownAce Price in Sri Lanka (As of 2016)
- Toyota TownAce 2010 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,230,000
- Toyota TownAce 2009 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 6,110,000
- Toyota TownAce 2008 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,620,000
- Toyota TownAce 2007 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 5,400,000
- Toyota TownAce 2006 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 4,000,000
- Toyota TownAce 2005 Price in Sri Lanka: Rs. 3,570,000
Where to Find Toyota TownAce Latest Offers in Sri Lanka?
Typically, for anyone who wish to buy this highly productive vehicle from Toyota, can do so by searching through the dozens of third party vehicle dealers, who are based in various cities island wide.
Discover the Selection of Toyota TownAce Latest Offers for Sale in Sri Lanka
Know More about the Toyota TownAce Price List in Sri Lanka by Built Year