Bajaj Platina for Sale in Sri Lanka
Bajaj Platina Review
The Platina from the renowned Indian two-wheel vehicle manufacturer Bajaj is a motorcycle that is becoming a huge success here in Sri Lanka. Introduced in the mid 2000’s the model has two varieties, the basic Bajaj Platina 100 Alloy Wheel KS model and the more advance Bajaj Platina 100 Alloy Wheel ES model. It is said that the design of the Bajaj Platina is based on the Bajaj Kawasaki Wind 125, which was released in early 2003.
The bike is an ideal two-wheeler for newly married couples in Sri Lanka, since this model boasts one of the most spacious seats for two adults in its class and has a fuel efficiency to make a car owner feel jealous, for not being a part of its riding experience.
Top 10 Reasons to Consider When Buying a Bajaj Platina
1. History and Facts about Bajaj Platina in Sri Lanka
First inaugurated in April 2006, the Bajaj Platina gained a quick momentum almost immediately from its launch, due to its attractive price margin and saw more than 500,000 units being sold within the first eight months of its debut.
Without a surprise, the bike is now an instant success in Sri Lanka especially among young bike riders for its impressive mileage, relatively affordable price and attractive design. Spare parts for the Platina are easily available not only through its official distributor, the David Pieris Motor Company, but also through third party motorcycle spare parts suppliers, who are found in various cities throughout the country.
2. Bajaj Platina Specifications And Performance
As a bike built for the masses, the Bajaj Platina has a good level of performance features to grab the attention of Sri Lankan motorcycle lovers.
- Type: 2-valve, DTS-I with ExhausTEC
- Size: 102 cc
- Cylinders: Single cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Output: 8.2 ps @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 8.6 Nm @ 5000 rpm
- Starting System: Kick + Electric Starter
- Transmission: 04 speed all down
- Clutch type: Multiplate Wet
- Top Speed: 90 km/h
- Acceleration: 8.08 seconds (0-60 km/h)
- Tire Specs (Front / Rear): 2.75*17", 41 P/ 3.00*17", 50 P
- Suspension (Front / Rear): Hydraulic, Telescopic Type, 125 mm travel/ Trailing arm with co- axial hydraulic shockabsorber and coil springs. SNS
- Brakes (Front / Rear): 110 mm DRUM/ 110 mm DRUM
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2000 mm x 840 mm x 1060 mm
- Wheelbase: 1255 mm
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 190 mm
- Curb Weight: 108 Kg
- Seat Length: 29.1 inch
- Seat Height: 798 mm
- Seating Capacity: 2-seats
3. Bajaj Platina Fuel Consumption
The Bajaj Platina is a capable machine that has a 102 cc, 2-valve, DTS-I with ExhausTEC engine. It utilizes a 04 speed all down transmission that eventually generates a maximum power output of around 8.2 ps @ 7500 rpm and a maximum torque of around 8.6 Nm @ 5000 rpm.
However, the bike does not compromise on its fuel economy and in fact has an outstanding 96.9 km/l on tested highway conditions and even a 62 km/l for city riding in Sri Lanka.
- Fuel Category: Petrol
- Fuel Supply: Carburetor
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 11.5 L
4. Design and Features of Bajaj Platina
Exterior: The design of the Bajaj Platina is a statement to the Indian manufacturer’s esthetic capabilities and comes with elements such as Alloy Wheels, Bright Chrome Finish, Fade-Free Paint, 29.1 Inch Seat, Sleek Rear Panels, Fluid Grab Rail, Graphite Tint Engine, Graphite Tint Transmission, Black Silencer, Chrome Heat Shield, Head Lamp, Tail/ Stop Lamp, Turn Signal, Pass Light.
5. Available Color Options of Bajaj Platina in Sri Lanka
For Exterior: Black Chrome, Black Maroon, Flame Red, Ebony Black, Electron Blue, Candy Red
6. How is the Safety Rating And Associated Features of the Platina?
Safety is an extremely important factor, especially when you are a regular motorbike commuter in Sri Lanka. To ensure the safety of its rider the Bajaj Platina has a number of features that most bike riders may find highly welcoming.
- Electric Start
- Safe 1255 mm wheelbase
- Highly responsive 110 mm drum brakes
- 03-inch rear tyre with a high level of road grip
- High ground clearance of 190 mm to make handling easier
- A heavy 108 kg of curb weight to minimize road slipping
7. What are the Standout Elements of Bajaj Platina
Without a doubt, by far the most significant standout feature of the Bajaj Platina is its class leading fuel economy, which stands at around 96.9 km/l on tested highway conditions.
Apart from that, another important element that helps this bike to be a unique among others is its favorable safety features that can especially be vital for a rider in Sri Lanka.
8. Bajaj Platina Compared To Other motorbikes In Sri Lanka
The Bajaj Platina can be compared with the Honda Dream, the Bajaj Discover and the Hero Dawn that are easily available on the Sri Lankan bike market.
- Bajaj Platina vs. Honda Dream – The Platina has better suspension compared to the Dream
- Bajaj Platina vs. Bajaj Discover - The Platina has a better fuel economy compared to the Discover
- Bajaj Platina vs. Hero Dawn - The Platina has a more spacious seat compared to the Dawn
9. Key Reasons to Buy a Bajaj Platina
If you are thinking about buying the Bajaj Platina, then also remember to consider the following aspects, to have a better understanding of your buying decision.
- Top rated fuel economy
- Overall low maintenance design
- Competitive pricing for the features offered
- Having an official distributor for the brand in the country
- Wide availability of spare parts for the model
Some reviewers have stated that the design used by Bajaj for the Platina is too common for their taste. However, it should be noted that this is subject to personal preference, since most Sri Lankan’s may find its satisfying to their liking.
The Platina is a bike built with fuel economy in mind. Due to this, some riders who prefer raw performance may not find the bikes top speed or acceleration satisfying. However, the Bajaj Platina can save you a lot of money with its high fuel efficiency.
10. Where to Find a Bajaj Platina for Sale in Sri Lanka
The David Pieris Motor Company Ltd., which is headquartered in Hyde Park Corner, Colombo 02, is the official authorized distributor for branded Bajaj motorcycles and Three-wheelers as well as spare parts sold in Sri Lanka. Nevertheless, for those who want to buy a Bajaj Platina, can also contact the dozens of third party distributors who are located in prominent cities throughout the country.
Discover the Selection of Bajaj Platina for Sale in Your City on Carmudi Sri Lanka
Bajaj Platina Price in Sri Lanka
Due to its high demand in Sri Lanka, a brand new Bajaj Platina is presented to a price margin of around Rs. 169,520 to Rs. 175,990 (2015), for the overall features being offered. A reconditioned or used Bajaj Platina can easily be obtained from a third party reseller and is available for a price of around Rs. 49,000 to Rs. 80,000 as of (2015), subject to its used condition as well as the built year.
Bajaj Platina Price List on Carmudi.lk
Price for New Bajaj Platina
- Bajaj Platina 2014: Rs. 169,520
- Bajaj Platina ES 2015: Rs. 175,990
Price for Reconditioned or Used Bajaj Platina
- Bajaj Platina 2004: Rs. 49,000
- Bajaj Platina 2006: Rs. 58,000
- Bajaj Platina 2007: Rs. 59,000
- Bajaj Platina 2008: Rs. 60,000
- Bajaj Platina 2009: Rs. 65,000
- Bajaj Platina 2010: Rs. 67,000
- Bajaj Platina 2011: Rs. 70,000
- Bajaj Platina 125 2012: Rs. 75,000
- Bajaj Platina 2013: Rs. 77,000
- Bajaj Platina 2014: Rs. 80,000